Oprah's an Oreo, Says Rapper

11/30/2006 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey has morphed into a middle-aged white woman, says 50 Cent, and "caters" to their needs more than she does her black sisters.

The loose-tongued rapper accuses Oprah of being an Oreo – black outside, white inside – in an interview in the January issue of Elle (via Page Six), saying that the Queen of All Media "started out with black women's views but has been catering to middle-aged white American women for so long that she's become one herself." Former drug dealer Fitty – along with Ice Cube and other rappers – has previously taken shots at O for not having rap artists as guests on her show. Oprah, for her part, has also criticized rappers for their "hateful" and degrading lyrics. And, just to add fuel to 50 Cent's fire, O just bought a new apartment on one of Chicago's most exclusive blocks.

Will Wills Pop the Big Question Soon?

Could Prince William finally have found his queen-to-be? Despite some recent rumors of trouble between Wills and longtime galpal Kate Middleton, it seems that the matter of the future King of England's wedding isn't a question of "if" so much as "when." People reports that the engagement buzz is getting "as hot as a pot of Earl Grey," and that Kate has been invited up to the royal family's estate at Sandringham for Christmas Day lunch, an "unprecedented" honor for an unmarried partner of a royal, and tantamount to an engagement announcement. Still, there's no timetable set quite yet for a wedding (Wills and Kate are still only 24, after all), and William has stipulated that he doesn't want to marry until he's 28. Still, says one royal observer, "It's decision time. The pressure starts now."

Suge Calls Snoop A Puking, Weepy Weenie Rat

Suge Knight, rap mogul and founder of Death Row Records, says that there's a reason why Snoop Dogg keeps avoiding jail time despite repeated arrests for drug and gun possession – he's a narc.

"Snoop is a rat," says Suge to Page Six. "He's a police informer. This is the only guy who never goes to jail no matter what. I don't like rats." Still, jail might be about the safest place for Snoop after the new Rolling Stone hits the stands, in which he disses Suge something fierce. "I stepped to him at the BET Awards [four years ago]... and he was more scared than a motherf***er," says Snoop of Suge. He also says he "never was afraid" of Suge, and "was afraid I was gonna have to kill him." Suge shoots back: "Snoop has never been in a real fight. When there's trouble, he runs to the police. He throws up and starts crying." No word on whether Snoop booted and sobbed during his arrest Monday night on drug and firearms possession, as TMZ first reported.

Party Favors: Kidman Gets Biggest Payday of All ... Axel Foley Returns in Beverly Hills Cop 4

Nicole Kidman is Hollywood' highest paid actress, says the Hollywood Reporter in their fifth annual survey of distaff talent. Kidman gets as much as $17 million per movie, says the Reporter, while runner-up Reese Witherspoon gets about $15 million. Renee Zellweger, Drew Barrymore, and Cameron Diaz round out the top five ... Eddie Murphy will be on the case again as that cackling, mischief-making detective Axel Foley, says Variety. The project is out to writers now with Lorenzo di Bonaventura as producer, though original producer Jerry Bruckheimer is likely too busy to deal with it.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Ericka

I am offended by the remarks that 50 Cent made but it's cool because that type of ignorance is to be expected by someone with a name like that. GHETTO! I am black and I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, speak correct english and I don't listen to the likes of 50 Cent! I am not an OREO! If I had a talk show, I wouldn't want him on there either. As for ICE CUBE, he does a lot of positive things for his people and others and I think he just got caught up in the mix! OPRAH, you are a Godsend to so many people. That's why she's blessed, she blesses others!

GIA

50 Cent needs to start worrying about elevating his "game" to a level worthy enough of even being considered to be a guest on Oprah.
50 - what are you doing that's positive for the public anyway? - Oh that's right - we all should get the gist of how it feels to be shot. (with all due respect to what you went through being shot.) - I'm sorry to sound so mean and rude but don't knock Oprah before you even correct yourself.

Frankly I'm just also tired of your slamming and making slick comments about people in public.... get over yourself. Come on let me keep it "real" here right now Oprah got's more community beneficialiality in her baby "toe-nail" than you have. Don't take it from me though - ask yourself what has your "contribution" to society been to render you to feel justified in disrespecting this woman.

mrs kk

snoppy is not scared of suga knight knight is a big bully

n2ittive2

Well, well, well, here we go again. Let's see, America IS a free country and just like all of us, fitty is entitled to freedom of speech. In any event, he's right. Oprah does seem to favor one race over the other. It seems to me that she's practicing a form of discrimination herself. She has a LOT of celebrities on her show, a LOT of artist's on her show but not rappers. Now, IF her show format (as it has been in the past) is to get these 'celebrity' types on her show and delve into their life by asking a ton of questions, why would she NOT have rappers on her show so she can delve into WHY they rap so negatively about women. Now those of you who don't listen to rap music really should start paying a little attention, specifically if you have kids. Trust me, they listen to it. If you think they don't know "Em," you' re failing as a parent. I;m not a great fan of rap either, but because I have children that I know listen to this when they're out of my eyes view, I try to stomach it to an extent. Music is about expression, and this is an era where these kids are expressing themselves in ways that some of us 50-60 & 70's music folks may not approve. But think about it, some of our parents didn't really approve of the Beatles either. Now I'm neither Pro Oprah nor Con Oprah cause she doesn't do a damn thing for me, and I AIN'T asking her too. I'm happy to see any woman and especially a Black woman in America achieve 'success.' So I ain't hatin' on Oprah, but I don't watch her show anymore BECAUSE it's biased. I-i-i-i don't know, somehow not having rappers on her show reminds of some crap Oprah probably would have seen growing up in the south....U guys remember the "For Whites Only" and "For Colors Only" signs don't you? Or how about..."We have the right to refuse service to anyone............?

JIM

Concering Oprah, I usually watch other shows that are on at the same time, but that doesn't mean I don't like Oprah. So what if other Internet Blogs have posters saying she is a silent card carrying Leftist like Howard Dean( Bad comparison, so far that I know, her common law husband?, Stedman?, IMO, is not Jewish, as it is common knowledge that Dean's wife is a Jewish Doctor).

Finally they say her long time friend Gayle and her, had a long Lesbian affair according to some other friend of both of theirs(but what do they know, I need to hear more). Finally, just what I read on some other Message Boards that I surfed thru, IMO.

Nighthawk

If I can name one thing that I like about Oprah, even if I don't watch her show anylonger, is the fact that she has kept the rappers away. When Rap started, we hoped it would be a phase like disco and just die, but those Rappers are just putting on a show of Bling and Clothing Lines and a whole lot of garbage in the "music"? I had a hard time putting music in here, because I can't find anything but men who can't sing, and couldn't carry a tune in a shower. I just don't get what is so great about them. Still hope it will die, but maybe they will keep killing each other off and that will be the death of rap.

Nighthawk

She's not my favorite for viewing, but sticking to her decision to keep rappers off of the air is one of the attributes that I must agree on with her. When Rappage first started, we had hopes that it would be a passing phase like Disco. Heaven please help us, because it's still here and louder and worse than ever. These so called "artists" can't sing, it all sounds alike, and they lyrics are deplorable. Even my teens hate it and will leave a venue where they are playing it. I have some disagreements with Oprah on racism, and her love of being in the headlines everyday. Call her what you like, but praise her for not giving in to the pressure of rappers, with their 100 lbs of bling and thousand pounds of body guards, armed body guards. If I never hear a rapster again I can die happy. Thank you Oprah for keeping them well at bay from your white, middle aged audience.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8