Beyonce: I Wish I Was as Big as Jennifer Hudson

12/5/2006 4:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Beyonce Knowles set out to clear up rumors of jealousy over the attention her "Dreamgirls" co-star Jennifer Hudson has been receiving. Her plan may have backfired.
Beyonce Knowles and Jennifer HudsonDuring a recent interview, a humble Beyoncé said she "knew that the character that I played wasn't the star ... I'm already a star. I already have nine Grammys. Everyone knows I can sing."

Beyoncé definitely belts out some beautiful melodies, but when she said, "I wish I could have gained 20 pounds and played Effie," we hear the flip side of her tune. Although most of Beyoncé's comments seemed a little backhanded, she did go on to give props to Hudson by saying, "She did incredible."

This interview, meant to defuse the rumored feud, could rekindle the diva dis.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

FORMERDC3MEMBER

GET A LIFE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

TMZ just did a very nasty thing. They took 1/2 a sentence for a rather long quote that Beyonce said praising Jennifer Husdon and they made it look like some conceited comment.

That was really unethical, TMZ. You should have put the whole quote rather than starting it with "...."

Not cool.

aimee

what a bitch!!!! she needs to get over herself!!!

Simone

"I wish I could have gained 20 pounds and played Effie,"

Beyonce is a Beyotch! that was just rude.

You know she's pissed that this sweet regular 'no-body' girl stole her thunder and Oscar dreams right underneath her.

sherri

beyonce

your not so slight do not fool yourself -you only lost 20lbs - so you are almost there.

Mad Balls

And I wish she would ad to that " i wish I could sing as good as Hudson " .
beyonce is overated singer and on the same level as Jamie Foxx as an actor -- cheesy in anything beyond playing some who is a culture Hero . Dickhead . Beyonce , please do us a favor and marry that guy who left you in the car for an hour while he entertained the crowd and come to the realization that without the computers and the special effects you are just a big butt with an even bigger ego . Dickhead .

CHARGERS TILL THE END

THAT WAS A TOTAL BACK HANDED "COMPLIMENT" WHAT A BIOTCH!

Mrstyle

Beyonce is a bitch!!! To bad she can't sing like Jennifer Hudson! Next time Jennifer see's Beyonce she should slap the sh*t out of her!

kgb

She is just another uneducated, it's-all-about -me diva.
If she was truly happy for the other girl he would give a straight up complimnetary answer.
She is a mean girl...the difference is that she is a star and when she spews the BS and hurtful comments we all hear it.
Go away.
And no matter how much weight you lose Beyonce, you stilll got your cankles....so...come on.

Kandyrain

Everyone knows Beyonce can sing? Well everyone would include me and I haven't gotten that just yet. You can stick a fork in her because her 15 mins of fame is up! Jennifer will and can outsing B on any given day and she knows that. They only used Beyonce in the movie to rake in some of her fans at the box office. It had nothing to do with her talent. Oh and their are a lot of people with Grammys who are not deserving. You don't get a grammy because you can sing and Beyonce having one just make that obvious.

Rah-Rah

"I wished I could've gained 20 pounds and played Effie"....???

Honey, if that isn't an underhanded way of calling someone FAT, then I don't know what is! Beyonce is just totally jealous of Jennifer being the "star" of this new movie, and at best Beyonce may get critical acclaim (like she hasn't already from her singing career and other acting roles). Beyonce--let someone else have the lime light for once and quit acting like an UBER-DIVA

To me, Beyonce may have lost weight from her body, but she still has a fat head!

???

She lost 20 pounds? if she looks behind her she'll find it

kc

I can't believe she would run around calling herself a star. Even Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt don't do that!!! She didn't clear up anything. She only settled the fact that she has become a huge diva. How in the world she got all those Grammys is beyond me.

Jo Blo

Jennifer Hudson was a c**t when she was on American Idol. Dreamgirls f***ing sucks.

Manny

I wonder if this is karma for the way all the Destiny's Child girls must of been treated. There were always rumors of the first two that were kicket out LeToya and LaTavia were mistreated by B and her father...

If it is...Beyonce is now getting a taste of her own medicine...I have a friend that was lucky to see a screening of 'Dreamgirls' and like many others say...Beyonce and Jaimee played same characters they've played before but Miss Jennifer Hudson steals the movie and will be remembered for her role come awards time.

Ms. Hudson has arrived...she lost to Fantasia and is now stomping all over Beyonce's diva ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manny