Nicole Richie

Popped for DUI

12/11/2006 1:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieTMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest incident.

bbag

Pappa...Pappa can you hear me??? Pappa I'm screaming for help...Pappa...I know you may not see me...here I am Pappa...yes, Pappa, I need help...Please Pappa...Please hear me...Please turn off your new needless CD and listen to me Pappa...Please...Pappa...Please...I NEED HELP...NOW...PAPPA...NOW...

Debra

Hey, this girl and her dad need to wake up.. she has major problems and needs help right away or she will wind up dead.. :(

Dave

I am glad to see all you idiots worried about poor little rich girl and her 85 lbs. Did anyone catch, that she was driving the WRONG way on the freeway? I guess that part isn't important, ohhh unless you are the poor bastard driving to work for 5:00 am because that what you have to do, and this lil bitch is all messed up but is able to be using her cell phone, someone put these tw*ts away!!!

mickey blackwrell

I think she is hottttt! with her little self.

Hater

Nicole is so cute and cuddly. I just love her. That angelic face and sexy skin color make her one of the hottest women around.

gwyneth

On the upside, we won't be bombarded with many more Nicole Ritchie stories.......at the rate she's going with her weight and the drugs, she'll be dead inside of 6 months.

restless consumer

Haven't any of you been in your 20's before???? In this society, sorry to say, but this is in the realm of normal urban behavior at this age. The only difference is if Nicole had been in NYC, she would have taken a cab home. These celebs are insane not to have private drivers.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Well, Nicole Ritchie hasn't really done anything worth while to have "fans" JMHO but the Simple Life has gotten her a following.. I think Nicole has a lot of issue that she deals with by taking drugs, it's obvious she has an addictive personality, she's been taking drugs since she's been a very young child. It's obvious Nicole isn't a naturally small person (weight wise, not height) because she was a healthy size when she started the simple life, it may be true that she could have lost about ten pounds and still looked fabulous, but being ridiculed by the public and gossip mags took a toll, it's obvious she has low self esteem.

Nothing will happen to Nicole. A judge will tell her to go to rehab, she needs some real jail time and counceling like Robert Downey Jr. had to do. That judge didn't care if he was a celebrity or not, this is what Nicole NEEDS to get clean/sober and healthy.

oceanlrd

I hate to say this, but she will likely wind up dead from all of her ongoing, untreated issues. Drug overdose or the health effects of an eating disorder will certainly kill her. I give her another 5 years max on this earth.

Pippa

And 85lbs is WITH clothes on hopefully. That's at least a couple of pounds. I know. I'm the same height.

Daisy

I find it really sad that these young women who have the world at their feet are destroying their lives and setting horrible examples for the thousands of young girls that look to them. It's pathetic and so are they, It goes to show you that money can't buy you everything, because someone forgot to get them a brain.

alfredo

nicole is one of the most gorgeous girls there is ,,,healthy or skinny.

arthur meincke

She's a mental moron but she dares drive and threaten the rest of us on the roads. Take her driver license away, pronto.!

sean

If Nicole Richie had a good big penis in her life "this sh*t wouldn't happen" ,and she would gain some weight!!!

DEAN EVANS

ALL YOU SMART FOLKS WHO SAY SHE WAS DRUNK AND STUPID SHOULD LOOK AT YOURSELVES AND ASK ; DO I KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING? DID I READ THE ARTICLE? POT AND VICODEN DOES NOT GET YOU DRUNK AND AS FAR AS SMELLING THE CORK MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT WHERE THE SUN DON' T SHINE