Trump: Tara NOT Fired, Will Enter Rehab

12/19/2006 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald the Forgiving?

In a move that shocked anyone who has ever seen "The Apprentice," including Tara Conner, Donald Trump announced Tuesday morning that he will not fire the embattled Miss USA, despite allegations of drug use, underage drinking and sexual misconduct.

"She's agreed to go into rehab. She knows that if she makes even the slightest mistake from here on, she will be immediately replaced," said Trump. The carefully coifed billionaire explained that he will use Conner as a role model. "I believe she can do a tremendous service to young people."

Fighting back tears, and with her voice shaking, Conner thanked Trump for the pardon saying, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me." She then went on to shower the Donald in compliments; "I've had a very big blessing bestowed on me. It truly takes someone with a wonderful heart, a heart of gold and a blessed soul."

Midway through the press conference, Conner briefly ran offstage and donned her Miss USA sash, proving that she's keeping her crown.

ronny

It's ALL a PR stunt. Everyone get your panties out of a wad. It's not about Donald Trump not wanting a black Miss USA (who is 20 times better looking IMO). Since Trump took over the whole Miss USA / Miss Universe gigs, the ratings have gone up and contestants and winners get tons of press.

This latest saga is just more drama for everyone to lap up.

I think it's a scream.

J

That cracker bitch will be on her knees working for a hit from the crack pipe this time next year.

ronny

This story will get media attention for weeks to come. If only Trump put that much effort into his hair...

Posted at 11:41AM on Dec 19th 2006 by angel .......

You are 100% on target Angel.

ronny

>>>In 1986, Vanessa Williams was stripped of the crown for posing nude. Mind you, that's all they had on her

Vinnie Vin

I believe a saint is a sinner who keeps on trying. Just trying to figure out why you fire someone for not showing for photo opts but keep someone who needs to go into rehab. Nevertheless let's hear it for a kinder gentler egomaniac.
Vinnie Vin

DIB

don't think Doanald cares about black or white, it's all about profit to him. she's good for some more publicity for sure.

Kim

I am glad that Trump is going this route. She is a human being, she makes mistakes. If she wasn't such a high profile person we never would have known about this. She is going through what many young people go through and this will send a positive message as well. That message is that we are all human, we all make mistakes and she is going into rehab to get help just like many teens should do that get out of control. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Yes she has a large responsibility holding that crown but she is young and it is a big job. She may not have been able to handle all that responsibility or she just let her new found fame go to her head and it got out of control.
I wish her the best of luck and I hope she realizes the second chance she has been given and takes advantage of it. Hopefully she will reach out to many other young people and get them to turn to someone for help and not be ashamed and to know that your life doesn't end after rehab.

ronny

"In 1986, Vanessa Williams was stripped of the crown for posing nude. Mind you, that's all they had on her"

And who got the last laugh? Vanessa has gone on to be a sucessful singer and actress. Can anyone name more the three other former Miss Americas?

amy

In a world where Britney, Paris and Lindsay can do no wrong, I am not suprised.
I think this sends a message to young, WHITE women that they don't have to suffer consequenses for their actions. For Trump not to fire Tara was incredibly irresponsible.

Brit_ney Rulez

I agree that everyone deserves a second chance, but if she has issues, she should give up her crown (or have it taken away from her). Miss USA is chosen for many different reasons; in short, Miss USA is supposed to be a cut above other women. So, whether you like the pageants or not, that's just the way it is. If she can't behave the way Miss USA is expected to, then she shouldn't be Miss USA anymore.

yolanda

#74 Hey SoSo Deaf! You're a PARANOID FREAK!

just keeping it real

HEY #141 AB,

WEll at least I can spell you you.... I know it is MR BUSHS fault that you are appalled and living in this F----ed up coutry. and you don't know how to spell. there are one way tickets out of the coutry GO FOR IT.............

MARRY CHRISTMAS
oh I mean MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam

I agree with everyone saying she deserves a second chance. Everyone should be so lucky as to get at least one second chance in life. I've never liked Trump, but I have to say he's showing a different more compassionate side.

Allred Tree

WHY doesn't DONALD build THE DONALD TRUMP REHAB CENTER rather than another tower, hotel, golf course or casino ala. The Betty Ford Center. He could then replace the outmoded Miss USA Pagent with his very own Miss Rehab Pagent.

yolanda