Goo Father?

12/28/2006 6:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Brown was laid out at Harlem's famed Apollo Theater today.

With Al Sharpton standing at the side of his gold coffin, thousands of fans paid their respects to the "Godfather of Soul."

The body will be taken to Georgia tonight for a second viewing and funeral. Brown died on Christmas morning of heart failure at age 73.

Vanessa Somerville

Wow, that was not funny at all. Way to mock a great person's life.

I won't be returning.

george vieto

To all of you James Brown haters get it a rest. No entertainer is perfecto. You and I were not witnesses to James Brown's sins or know the whole story. Remember James Brown what he did for the masses thourgh his music ,dancing and acting. So the signread "Goo Father" big deal.

c.lomax

TO THE GOD FATHER OF SOUL THE LATE MR JAMES BROWN.
REST IN PEACE AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU. WE WILL MISS YOU BUT YOUR
MUSIC WILL LIVE ON ALL OVER THE WORLD.
WE LOVE BUT GOD LOVE YOU BEST.

d-man

Jmaes Brown is the most OVERRATED singer to ever exist. He simpy sucks!!!!!!! When he sings , it;s all grunt noise. The music overwhems his voice and the music SUCKS!!!!!!!!

nsg

REST IN PEACE JAMES BROWN!! MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. WE MAY NOT UNDERSTAND GOD'S PURPOSE, BUT WE KNOW THAT GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES AND HE WAS READY FOR HIS CHILD TO COME HOME. HOPEFUL HEAVEN WILL BE HIS NEW HOME. THERE IS NOTHING GREATER THAN LIVING ETERNITY WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!!

Vivling

In TMZ's defense, I too at first thought it read "GOO FATHER."

I kept wanting that man to move to the side so the sign could be read clearly.

And when he did finally move I thought, "What in the world is GOO FATHER?"

Then I got it, and said, "Of course."

Yikes, don't be mad at TMZ. Tell the florist to get with the program.

coco puff

That n***** looks better in the gold box than when he was going out with goldylox! HE!HE!HE!

NubianGoddez

May the god father of soul rest in peace, truly he was a legend.

Henry

The "Goo Father".....LOL....I love it. He was a slime in his personal so maybe this name will "stick".

Gramma

I thought the headline was totally disrespectful. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read "Goo father". How disrespectful of an American Icon. Not to mention the American people. As an old white woman, I grew up with Elvis, James Brown, Chubby Checker, Dion, Bobby, Temptations, Supremes. Not to mention JFK, MLK, and another Bobby. I was lucky enough to grow up amongst the greatest. Of which, James Brown was one.
The Tawanna Brawley incident was certainly disturbing, however, I have a new respect for Al in his response to the recent events in NYC. He is showing the compassion and leadership of his great predecessor, MLK.

Gramma

Isn't it interesting that when an inflammatory, or disgusting story appears on TMZ it is always by "TMZ staff", with no one taking the credit for the story?

sicko Lambert

#1 Trying to be sort of sneaky and that's the way you want to read it as! Keep your comments to yourself before posting it on a site! (want people to come on your side?) seems like you were never a fan of James Brown, So get the hell of this site comment if you don't have anything to say GOOD about JAMES BROWN!!! James Brown was such an ENTERTAINER!!!

Tommie

TO #15

OKAY SISTA CALM DOWN! WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH AL SHARPTON STANDING AROUND JAMES BROWNS CASKET. O.K. MAYBE HE DOES ENJOY THE PUBLICITY, BUT AT LEAST HE IS THERE WITH HIM. NOW HE WOULD BE RIDICULED IF HE WASN'T THERE WITH HIM AND HE'S BEING RIDICULED FOR BEING THERE WITH HIM. HE CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING. CUT THE MAN SOME SLACK. DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THAT TYPE OF MENTALITY. PLEASE! AND WHY ARE YOU HATING ON AL SHARPTON? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

P

Yes, TMZ has sunk to a new low making fun of a sign next to a dead person. Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners? Have some respect. Very tacky! We all know what it really says. It is worse than pre-school humor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments