Goo Father?

12/28/2006 6:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Brown was laid out at Harlem's famed Apollo Theater today.

With Al Sharpton standing at the side of his gold coffin, thousands of fans paid their respects to the "Godfather of Soul."

The body will be taken to Georgia tonight for a second viewing and funeral. Brown died on Christmas morning of heart failure at age 73.

coco puff

Papa got a brand new box! Get up, get on up! I'm black and proud, I got Al, get on up!, I got Al, get on out! Now I lay me down to sleep, my crack pipe in tow I tend to keep. And if these motherf***ers don't close me up quick, I'll whip all you bitches with my black dick!

My two cents

Harvey,

Just WHO is it on your staff that is so low life and so low class as to write such a moronic headline? There was no need for that. I think you all owe a rather large apology for this..no matter WHAT the wording looked like. Shame on you!!

Gramma

#46. AMEN! I say, why do they always say "staff story" and don't give credence to that "story?

Tommie

THERE IS SOO MUCH DIFFERENCE IN BLOGGERS ON PREDOMINATELY WHITE BLOG SITES THAN THERE ARE ON PREDOMINATELY BLACK BLOG SITES. MOST OF THE BLOGGERS ON PREDOMINATELY BLACK BLOG SITES EXPRESS THEIR COMMENTS WITH MUCH INTELLECT, CLASS AND RESPECT OF PEOPLE, EVEN IF THEY DON'T AGREE WITH THE TOPICS. BUT ON THESE PREDOMINATELY WHITE BLOG SITES, MANY OF THE BLOGGERS (AND SOMETIMES THE AUTHORS OF THE BLOGS) EXPRESS IGNORANCE, HATE, STUPIDITY AND IT SHOWS HOW EVIL MANY OF THEM ARE.
NOW WHAT DOES THIS TELL YOU????

AND I WOULD GIVE THE NAMES OF SOME OF THE PREDOMINATELY BLACK BLOG SITES SO THAT YOU CAN COMPARE THE TWO, BUT I'M AFRAID THAT MANY OF THE BLOGGERS ON THE PREDOMINATELY WHITE BLOG SITES WILL GET ON THERE AND SPREAD THEIR EVIL AND CORRUPT THE BLACK BLOG SITES.

AND BY READING THE PREDOMINATELY BLACK BLOGS, MOST BLACK PEOPLE DON'T TAKE ANY OF WHAT MOST IGNORANT WHITE PEOPLE SAY TO HEART ANYWAY. THEY JUST CONSIDER THE SOURCE.

ANYWAY, (I'LL SAY IT LOUD), MY "SALUTE" TO THE GREATEST SOUL SINGER AND THE HARDEST WORKING MAN IN SHOW BUSINESS THAT EVER LIVED, "THE GODFATHER OF SOUL" THE ONE AND THE ONLY, MR. JAMES BROWN. WE LOVE YOU AND YOU MADE US PROUD!!

coco puff

Tommie is a wife beater, drug abuser, n***** lover, fan. Keep to your Negro web sites and stay the f*** off ours. JERK OFF!!!

P

I guess it was better than if you had said, "BOO Father".

anonymous

You guys get your sh!ts and giggles out of someone elses misfortune, How sad!

anonymous

What the hell weston? You are just as bad as TMZ, if not worse!

coco puff

If you can say this 10 times fast, you are the tongue twisting champion. OK, here it is, "The big black bug bleeds black blood". Try it, it's the most challenging of all tongue twisters. Good Luck!

Azaziah

Enough of the we are weaker the gender never do any to us that we don't like. I'm pretty sure the aleged incident against Mr.Brown was hype anyways. I just wish women would stop beatin on their children, And just stick to beatin on each other. Mr. Brown never raised a hand to anybody, he was framed and then got railroaded. R.I.P. James. Later haters.

Wolfer

How f***in cheap and pathetic. Couldnt they have tried a little harder to show respect for a man that has brought up black music as we know it? What a bunch of tight pocket muther f***ers. I could have went out and made a better sign then that. F***in Shame. RIP JB, Shoulda went to the Town Square for a real lay down.

F***in low life penny pinchin bitches........You should be ashamed of yourselfes.

Mouse

Even in death to one of the greats, Sharpton turns it into his own PR STUNT. When will the black community rise up and denounce this fool.

Some dude

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Mr. Brown.

Ugh

This is kind of pathetic to write about, but if you think about it, I know that I would be making POSITIVE that nothing was mispelled or could LOOK mispelled. And he didn't do anything to that woman, they weren't even legally married. Her other marriage's divorce never went through. TMZ likes to leave things out and make their stories seem more shocking than they actually are.

Laura

You are all a bunch of morons. James was like a Dad to Al Sharpton. That is the reason is standing by the casket.

You guys need to check your racism.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments