Jim Lampley Arrested for Domestic Abuse

1/4/2007 1:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jim LampleyTMZ has learned that veteran sportscaster Jim Lampley was arrested this evening outside of San Diego, CA on felony charges of domestic abuse.

Police tell TMZ that Lampley, probably best known for his work on HBO boxing, posted his $35,000 bail and is awaiting his release from the Vista Jail in San Diego. He faces one felony count of domestic abuse / corporal injury, as well as two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and preventing a witness from testifying.

Celebrity Mugshots gallery: Click to launch photosSources say that because of previous complaints, Lampley was arrested by an investigative team at his girlfriend's home in Encinitas, CA.

Lampley was once married to anchorwoman Bree Walker.

rl

WHO?????

Brit_ney Rulez

Look at that mug of his -- it's just waiting for a bitchslap from Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Critic

And that's why he only marries women with no hands!

Vanessa Somerville

Lampley got busted with some weed a few years ago too!

busybee

wow that's right down the road from here... should i go and get pics of him being released?

vegasdreaming702

I guess all the those year's broadcasting on Hbo boxing. I guess jim lampley should have been in the ring fighing the boxers.......

Richard Volk

It really is sad. The man needs lots of help.

Critic

I give him NO thumbs up.

Deez and Doz

I'd give him the finger . . . if I could!

Christina

Hello, my comment is totally unrelated to the article, but I just want to ask why I cannot anymore view the pictures that go with the articles? Since a month ago, this happened. Hope someone could help me. Thanks!

Paris Has A Penis Nose

Wow. This stinks. I feel bad for the guy but even more sad for his woman.

David McDonald

Now I see why Bree divorced this ifeminite Bozo. I doubt the above posts credited to "Bree Walker", are actually by her (as is obviously the case with the "Bob Hope" post) due her having too much class to engage in this type of idle banter. I never did see what Bree saw in this guy. We , in San Diego, still miss her being part of our lives (on TV) with her quick wit , engaging personality and the looks of an angel. I second the "Bitchslap" motion in post #2 above.

Shelly

I always wondered why Bree divorced him...now I know, how sad :>(

Dan

Corporal Injury means that he spanked her. She probably deserved it.

LSeb

What's sad is that he actually LOOKS like a person that beats his wife.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments