Lampley Accuser: He Was High, Drunk & Violent

1/4/2007 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jim Lampley & Candice SandersThe woman who filed the domestic violence complaint against sportscaster Jim Lampley claims he repeatedly threw her against the wall of her apartment after drinking heavily and smoking pot.

In documents obtained by TMZ, Candice Sanders claims that on New Year's Eve, Lampley and his son Aaron joined her for dinner. Sanders says she was engaged to Lampley, who she claimed lived with her in the apartment.

Sanders alleges after dinner, at their apartment, Lampley "was drinking vodka and whiskey and became drunk." She adds in the document that "he was also high on pot."

Sanders, Miss California USA 2003, says in the complaint that the trouble began when she wanted to finish watching a movie. Lampley then "pulled me from the sofa I was on" and "began to yell at me and chased me around the apartment."

Sanders says at that point all hell broke loose. She alleges, "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He then threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door and I collapsed."

Sanders goes on to say that 14-year-old Aaron saw her on the floor and she asked him to call the police. She writes in the document," Jim beat Aaron to the phone and kept Aaron from getting [to the phone]. She says Lampley then drove away with Aaron. Sanders claims she suffered head, neck and back injuries.

The 57-year-old Lampley was arrested last night on one felony count of domestic violence/corporal injury. He was also arrested for two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

Cops tell TMZ that the restraining order was issued on January 2. The next day (yesterday), Lampley showed up at Sanders' apartment as cops were investigating. That is the basis of the arrest for allegedly violating the restraining order.

dory

and he'll probably get away with it all....famous men can be both charming and deadly...the public see's "Mr. Wonderful"...and the woman at home sees a monster...been there, done that..and my attacker was my ex-husband, and he got away with it, and he's been torturing me ever since (because he now KNOWS he can get away with it!)...my condolences to ms. sanders...and my warning: be careful!!!!!!!!! he IS dangerous!!!..end your engagement and get far far away from jim lampley forever.....good luck!!!!

spam

Kudos to Lampley for still being able to pull that young trim.

Lisa in Eureka

First!!
What a waste.

sherri

what would someone young/pretty see in an old goat ?

ugh

s

Lisa in Eureka

D'oh - 2nd

cari

Isn't she a Fredericks of Hollywood Model?

hop on top

She's Miss California 2003 and he's 57 and a violent drunk?? Something's wrong there. Where the hell is her judgment?

Tyler

Wow! that chic is way to hot to be throwing her up against the wall and what not. Someone should be making sweet love to her all night long. . . Someone like me! Holla at a playa you sexy girl. Peace&Love

Land Shark

That had to be the liquor talking. Nobody gets violent from smoking reefer.

Gwen

I don't approve of anyone beating upo on anyone. I did see Lampley at the airport in Las Vegas in November. HE IS VERY, VERY HANDSOME. Takes very good care of himself, and doesn't even look 47.

Candace Sanders is a lovely girl and was a wonderful Miss California USA.

Jodie

When I am high, the last thing I want to do is break a sweat throwing anything or anyone around and I damned sure dont care whats on television. Somethings amiss here.

Terry

No decent Vodka drinker also drinks whisky!

Gwen

To #3 message, What would someone see in someone older? Perhaps not in this case, but usually security, intelligence, and life experiences. Who wants a smelly little boy toy? UGH, the thought makes me cringe.

jc

I wonder what Ed Schultz is going to do about this... Lampley is an outspoken liberal who has filled in on Ed's show regularly. When he's on, his ex-wife is on with him and they genuinely seem still like close friends... which would be a shock if he's this private monster with women.

Sandy

Do not lose sight, that this young girl was attacked, age differance or not. Shame on all who judge her, poorly.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments