Tyrese's Girlfriend: Fight Was "Distorted"

1/9/2007 4:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The attorney representing the girlfriend of singer/actor Tyrese Gibson has issued a statement in response to an altercation that allegedly occurred at a Los Angeles home last Thursday night.

The woman's attorney tells TMZ, "Reports that Tyrese punched my client -- his girlfriend -- in the arm, thigh or anywhere else are false. It is true, Mr. Gibson and his girlfriend had been arguing. She became very emotional and distressed during the argument and called 911 in an attempt to get a mediator. Mr. Gibson, frustrated, left the home. My client, Mr. Gibson's girlfriend, who is 11 weeks pregnant, then became more upset and began throwing up. When the paramedics arrived, concerned about the baby, they took her to the hospital. Fortunately, she was fine. Once at the hospital, she was asked by a nurse whether she had been assaulted. She said no. She was then asked what her pain level was on a scale of zero to ten. She said zero. She then discharged herself. Mr. Gibson and his girlfriend are very much still in love, together and excited about their expectant child. She is quite saddened that this event was so distorted."

Police sources tell TMZ they are "interested" in speaking to Tyrese about the incident.

No charges have been filed.

Krista

Not everything is black and white (pun intended). First of all, I believe he did assault her. Secondly, I believe it is ok for her to change her story, she is carrying his child - I'm sure she doesn't want the child to grow up with the stigma of having a father who has been dragged through the mud in the tabloids for hitting her while she was pregnant! I'm definitely not saying it's ok for him to abuse her but I can understand her reasoning. I hope she gets a fat check and gets the F out of his house.

GOD FEARING WOMAN

Tyrese didn't hit that woman. Whenever a woman gets pregnant they're always trying to get attention and will stop at nothing to get it. Even if it means scaring the hell out of the man that pumped her up. That means calling the po po on him and lying like he did something to her.

RudeDawg

My cats from Watts are saying that Tyrese and Norma created the story to beef up the image of his alter ego Black Ty and - GET THIS - he actually recorded a track that was released in response to these allegations. ARE YOU SERIOUS DUDE!?!?! You can't take a bullet like the rest of these rappers or create beef with an established artist ... but you CAN create a story where you hit a pregnant woman?

TYRESE YOU JUST MADE ALL YOUR KIND LOOK LIKE SIMPLE FOOLS!!! I HOPE THEY CATCH YOUR DARK BEHIND AND GIVE YOU A PRIZE BULLET FOR THAT ONE!!!!!

CajunSpicyLeggs

What a Pathetic ploy!!!
On the Alter Ego cover, he thanked N. Gibson for being his back-bone and THE ANSWER...I believe she is his wife and not his girlfriend.
Honestly, I'm not in the position to judge; however if he did indeed strike her...he'll do it again, with time.
Whatever the case, my heart goes out to unborn child...

Lexxi

Tyrese is not married to Norma - he is quite public about the fact that he is still "bending corners" and loves the ladies. That aside, I think he and Norma made the story up. Tyrese cannot carry a rap song by himself no more than he can carry off this gangsta image known as Black Ty.

I really hope his career suffers - cause if you've got to pretend to beat featuses to create a rap-star image then you really shouldn't be in the spotlight.

Ricky Ticky Tock

Word to big bird Sheelah! I think "Black Ty" is wack too! r&b singers need to stick to their field. I hate when r&b singers all of a sudden think they're "thugs" just like R Kelly (yeah right!) uhhh and then Ginuwine, and etc etc!

I liked Tyrese in Baby Boy and the song from that album.. But this alter ego thing is kinda retarded. Stick to singin' the blue notes big baby!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3