Paula: "In My Own Little World"

1/16/2007 7:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In one of her more or less coherent moments, Paula Abdul defended her wacky appearance on a Seattle morning show last week.

A calm and collected Abdul told Ellen DeGeneres that there were "two cities in my ear...I'm answering Birmingham answers but it's airing in Seattle's morning show, so it looked like I was just in my own little world." Her constant slurring and giggles were apparently meant for Alabama and not Washington.

Abdul went on to say that the only reason so much attention came of it was because she's on a #1 show, adding that she "takes my being a role model very seriously." Role model? Sounds like she's drifted back into her "own little world" again!

???

A role model alcoholic? Wow good for her!

Ambs

and I have some swampland in Florida......

;)

that's a good story, but false.

I just think she accidently over medicated herself and was sitting on a swivel chair, which we all know is fun to do.

JJ

Why do you people care so much? Are your lives really that pathetic and meaningless that you have assume and even trivialize that she may have a problem. Who is to say she isn't telling the truth? Even if she does have a problem, instead of being negative why not wish that she gets the help she needs?

jll

Ok, if that's true, then Seattle and Birmingham must have remarkable timing on their questions because Paula never once stepped on the reporter asking the question. She was responding to the questions that were being asked of her- her answers just didn't make any sense.

Julie Buchanan

What's her excuse for her appearance on Good Day LA w/ Steve Edwards and the gang...she was smashed there too!

woody

The story she told on Ellen is not the same story her publicists released. They said it was because Paula was tired, and that there were multiple cameras in the room -- hence the swiveling. Of course this is not the first time Paula has exhibited this type of behavior. And it's public knowledge that Paula frequently medicates herself. I'm tired of people covering for her unusual conduct.

Nobody

Hey Paula. I'm going to need a couple glasses of your booze, before I believe that story.

Wicked

she's dillusional.
and she had better leave my Simon alone, or else. and I am sooooo serious.
Love me my Simon.

NYC

I def. don't think she was drunk. It looked more like a pill or coke thing to me, Her jaw looked like it was crooked. But, anyway....all I gotta say about it is "damn" that interview was only a little over 2 min. long. She couldn't wait for 2 min.?? then pop em or do a rail??? .Geez. Talk about the fiends be feining!.

NYC

*or fiending ;)

Freelols.com

Who the hell cares about this??? We all know Paula was drunk or drugged or faking it for the sake of promoting American Idiot. Enough already!!!

Freelols.com

Yep I taught her all the tricks in the book.

Milly

#8 I so agree with you. Tell the truth as it's OK..but to make us out to be fools is another thing.

Wicked

Paula was hammered...pain pills and morning alcohol. Get real Paula.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments