Ross to Serve as "Idol" Mentor

1/16/2007 9:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Diana RossDiana Ross told David Letterman that she is going to be on "American Idol" this season.

During a taping of "The Late Show" this afternoon, the legendary singer told Dave, "I'm going to do the 'American Idol,' as a mentor. And then I'll leave from there and I'll go on tour, March and April."

"Idol" producers were not immediately available for comment. The show premieres tonight at 8PM ET/PT on Fox.

LThompson

Total prima donna. Her imperial arrogance and outrageous temper and demands are legendary.

If it weren't for Berry Gordy's savvy and talent at finding a long line of great song writers we wouldn't know who Ms. Ross is. She's a fair entertainer and certainly successful beyond her dreams I'm sure, but she is not and has never been a truly great singer. And her weak soprano voice has not improved with age.

Barry

DIANA ROSS WAS BORN IN THE DETROIT, MICHIGAN PROJECTS. THAT VOICELESS, NO TALENT, NASTY, ARROGANT POOR EXCUSE FOR A DRAG QUEEN SHOULD FORGET HER CAREER. ..........IT'S OVER. NOBODY IS GOING TO PAY TO HEAR HER SING OFF KEY.

Kimmie

L Thompson - you are a loon. She has one of the best catalog ever. She is one of the great perfomer who changed American Culture. An ICON. Though she doesn't have a big voice, she knows how to use it...Now...you may shut the f*** up.

Word!

Dan

I agree with L Thompson...

Who does she think she is charging $600 to see her in concert in Australia? HAHAHA!!! I didnt know anyone who went - we dont like her THAT much down here, well not as much as she likes herself anyway!

He's Boring now

Michael Jacksons Transformation to the Bizzare began when this wench convinced him he really was the Scarecrow in Wiz.. Who is she going to mentor now, country bumpkins and inner city wanna be's on a show that does more to demean people than to build them up.

Quick, name her last song that was a hit, or the last movie she was in that was a hit, and dont go back more than 20 years...

Thats what I thought. You have to look it up

Quit living in the past, she was glorified than but shouldnt be now. She's more plastered than Paula

Mad Balls

We here in , Detroit , refer to her as the pretender to the crown . Arethra has held that for as long as anybody knows . You have the arrogant factor confused . Thats ' Flint or St. Louis . Dickhead .We are the guys who invented Motown , House-trance , with guys like HArry Hodini , Lilly Tomlin , Iggy , kid rock , Eminem , foghat , plus Working while stoned , the diner , milkshakes and back seats in cars . I don't know about you but back seats alone have given me great memories .
Dickheads .

Wicked

Nasty Boil ... YOU ARE THE DICKHEAD.

Wanna step outside?

Kimmie

Still better than the tired bitches in the music business today. You have to respect a great performer, and great she is...I'm certain she is not thinking about any of the hater on this site. Count your money, sip your wine, and enjoy the children Miss One.

Wicked

Kimmie STFU

West Ham

:::"Idol" producers were not immediately available for comment.

This makes her sound desperate.

tony

Diana's new hit CD "I Love You" is terrific! I really enjoy her beautiful voice on The Look of Love, What About Love, You Are So Beautiful, I Want You, and Always and Forever. Billboard gave her CD an excellent review. The song I Love You has been the #1 Internet Radio hit for the last 2 weeks and it's selling fast at retailers and at amazon.com (#32 overall and #6 R&B this morning). Do yourself a favor and start enjoying this lovely CD today.

Mr. X

Diana Ross? Oh god. She is the Queen Bitch of the universe.

Tim

Diana is the latest of the washed-up, hasbeen, former superstars to do an album (or albums) of cover material, appear on American Idol and sell, sell, sell. Next she'll go on QVC a la Manilow.

Wicked1

I HATE AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!!!! WHAT A STUPID SHOW!!

Kimmie

Brea - you are the only one that needs to STFU and take a bath. I can smell you fom here. When you finish dumping trash everyday, take a complet bath and not a wash-up.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments