Halle Warns the Help: Don't Speak to Me!

1/19/2007 1:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Money is no object to Halle Berry, but meaningless chatter, on the other hand, pisses her off.

TMZ has learned that an Orange County painting company has been called to spruce up cabinets in Halle Berry's Los Angeles home, which the Oscar winner has been remodeling for over a year. The company has been asked to merely stain the existing wood cabinets in the kitchen ... with a staggering $57,000 price tag!

The contract between the actress and all those doing work on her property has a few interesting clauses: First, any worker is prohibited to approach Berry while in the home or on the premises. Second, no one is allowed to speak to the A-list Miss B at any time. Finally, the only approved interaction is if Halle speaks to you, then you may answer Her Fineness.

When you're getting 57 large to stain kitchen cabinets, one keeps one's mouth shut.

Adrienne

Is that stain made out of gold or like angel blood or something? Excessive much!?

Tyler

This is more for the male guys that are going to be all up in my babies crib so they don't think they can just holla' at her and get any kinda of play. U never know one of them dudes would have tried to rape her is she said hello to them one day thinking that she wanted it or something. I don't think this is a big deal, it's smart if you really think about it. Peep the musical heat and vibes created for Ms. Berry at www.myspace.com/marcusorealiusmusic plus at www.myspace.com/marcmaysrockandrollthug because when it's hot it's hot. Peace&Love

Marshall

I don't blame her a bit.

She is entitled to be left alone in HER OWN HOUSE.

And as an attractive, talented actress, she probably gets bothered by jerks all too frequently.

If someone was paying me $57K to stain some cabinets and keep my mouth shut, that is what I would do: stain some cabinets, and keep my mouth shut.

Tasha

She probably does not want these guys asking for autographs, having to pose for pictures and giving tips on how to break into the business. I can understand. They're there to do a job. If the foreman or whatever has a question fine, but everyone else there needs to work!!

ManBearPig Huntress

Sorry, I'm with Halle on this one. I can only imagine what it's like to be that well known and then have strangers trapsing through your house - I'm NOT well known, and it's uncomfortable having workers around. I had guys putting carpet in two weeks ago, and Monday I have roofers coming, and I can tell you - it's WEIRD having them here, and you really DO NOT want to engage in conversation!

Imagine, now, that you are a celebrity, and, as someone already pointed out, you've perhaps got "aspiring actors" in your kitchen. OR someone who'd just LOVE to get a hefty paycheck from TMZ PERHAPS, or some other gossip rag, to spill about your conversation with Ms. Berry. Nah. If I had her money, I'd put that clause in my contract. As it is, I just look disinterested. I can't afford to tell them not to speak to me! LOL!

lela

Tyler (#16)- speak English, this isn't Compton - looks like your 'baby' prefers French dudes (Gabriel Aubry - who is probably gay). I don't think any real man would want her anyway - look at her track record. She's just a dumb whore with a butter face ( = good bod, but her face!).

NubianGoddez

Damn these celebs and their wacky demands. what a wingnut!

Alana Funton

Why are you all writing such negative and mean stuff about Halle. First of all, you don't know if the story is true or not, and secondly it's her business. If she doesn't want people to talk to her then they shouldn't talk to her, it's as simple as that.

Super

If the story is true, I really don't blame her, look what happened to Adrienne Shelly with a contractor that wasn't even working for her.

Lenn K

Damn, I guess Diana Ross does have little sister.

stan

Bitch! Is it true Wesley Snipes beat her?

RB

Please BITCH! Who in the hell do you think you are? You're not all that.

amy

I agree with tomato, she is not all that. Conceided bitch.

Hayley

Team Halie - YOu are obviously the one shopping at Wal-mart since last I checked nobody wears "sweats" anymore. You are the fat cow - everyone knows those construction workers like the fat ugly buck toothed bitches.

Anyhoo, It's extremely rude to not offer workers in your home something to drink! What a bitch! Just because one stupid contractor killed Adrienne Shelly does not mean that all workers in the home need to be treated like criminals. That is ridiculous. Halle isn't even that hot anymore. She's a bitter old bitch.

Waukisha

She is like the Beyonce of acting. It's not as if she is worthy of "chatting" with anyhow. How funny. She better enjoy being note worthy after 10 years. The guy she's with gave her the extra five minutes of fame that she TRULY never deserved.