Brown's Will -- From Silver to Appliances

1/19/2007 12:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a copy of James Brown's will, and it reads like the will of a guy who didn't have much -- other than knickknacks.

The will, which begins by noting that Brown is also known as "The Godfather of Soul," leaves his six children "furniture, appliances, furnishings, pictures, silverware, china, glass, books, jewelry, wearing apparel, boats, automobiles, and other vehicles..."

The document, signed in 2000, does not mention how much cold hard cash the estate is worth.

Brown did not include his partner, Tomi Rae Hynie or their 5-year-old child. Hynie is expected to contest the will and could end up inheriting 1/3 of the estate.

Originalkat

A DNA test has been ordered by his lawyer to establish if the child is his. That is the first step. Has anyone watched this woman's antics on TV? She has problems and she was yelling at the child to say he loved his daddy. He was scared like he was afraid not to do what she said. He is only 5 and it was terrible to see it. She also has the whine but not the tears in most interviews. She wants the money definitely and will do anything to get it. I am not so sure she deserves it since the wedding was never made legal after she got her other marriage annulled. They had several years to do that and it was never done to make it legal. I had heard he was sick for awhile and it seems this would have been a priority at his age to have covered those angles if he wanted them covered. I think the will was new enough to cover his desires.

gettheboysawayfromher

listen why was he so cheap, he should have updated the will did he want to be buried with the money, probably he didnt want to be buried he wanted people to go right on mourning him, how weird is that, not leaving his kid a lot is awful, and if he wasnt sure the kid wasnt his, he had plenty of time to do a blood test, he was cheap, and the lady seemed sincere, but not the loud singer

Ricky Ticky Tock

They should give James Brown a 50 state tour so we can all see him. That'd be funny if someone was going up to see him and he jumped up dead saying "I FEEL GOOD!"

Lenn K

David, since I'm part of his generation it seems stupid to call the woman a shank being that he was having sex with that so-call shank. It's not like this man could pass judgement on anyone considering she love to beat women. Also, DNA test would have told him if the child was his. I think he knew it was his and he's rotting in hell for the treatment of this child, not the mother, but the child. The reason why alot artist in that generation didn't have any money is because they lived way above the money they made and had alot kids out of wed-lock. They never planned for tomorrow they just lived for today.

SHONTA FAULKNER

I THINK ITS WRONG THAT TOMMY RAE AND HER CHILD IS BEING TREATED THAT WAY.JAMES BROWN KNEW SHE WAS STILL MARRIED AND YET HE CONTINUED THE RELATIONSHIP.THEY LIVED TOGETHER AS MAN AND WIFE . IT WAS WRONG HOW THEY TREATED HER AT THE FUNERAL.GO AHEAD TOMMY RAE GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. AS FOR AL SHARPTON YOU THE ONE WHO ISN'T HIS SON.

kay

To all of you that don't think its possible the child belongs to the pakistian husband and maybe JB, thought that but own him cause he new TRae was flying across the country too hang out with Motley Crew sister in the mansion doing who knows what . She didn't love him if she did she wouldn't have start talking money and things on the same day he died. What was JB thinking not too put at least one of his kids over his trust. He has one that is a Dr. instead all lawyers out of augusta the south ,be lucky if anything be their for a legacy. For what he did for children and gave a school 10,000.00every year to keep they band going I hope somebody care enough too keep doing what he ask, and hope his lawyers honest ,time will tell.He should have gotten the paper work done along time ago to buried his self on his estate and a good lawyer would have advised him of that . the child money should go intrust till he 25 cause TRae will use it up in drugs so I hear. don't no the people. May GOD Bless them all money bring out the evil

Geraldine

I am glad James didn't leave that tramp anything. I saw the Larry King interview and she was crying crocodile tears. I don't believe that James is the father of the five year old. Tramps don't know who the fathers are............

cleve

well, what`d she expect? The guy`s a Sex Machine! That her goal was to get knocked up by the Godfather is proof she`s just a money-grubbing slut...waaaaaa! Poor me! Give me some money! If he really loved her, she`d have been in the will asap, thats what you do when you are married. She deserves nothing. Maybe she can move in with Anna Nicole. I hear she has a room open now...

Joy

Since the will was written prior to the birth of James Joseph, Jr. I don't think Tomi Rae and their son was deliberately "left out." I'm sure the attorneys will do what is necessary legally to make sure this little boy shares in his father's assets. This is the man this child knew as his father. The child resided with him, shared in the family home, was even locked out, could not get his belongings or toys, uprooted from his stability and is grieving the death of his father. You can dislike his mother, but where is the compassion for this child? When do we stop "punishing" children or saying they get NOTHING, because people don't like their mother? There is a child involved here....he's 5 years old. Of course he should share in his father's estate as equally as the other children!

Helen

What the hell do we know about any of this stuff. Let the woman have her say but remember she knew what she was getting into. How can you live with a man like The Godfather of Soul and not look out for yourself and your kid for that matter. In these days and times you have to have it on "PAPER", where the hell is the paper. Let her talk and she has donea lot of talking but if she had any brains at all she would have gotten everything in writing. I could just as easily say that James Brown was my father and he told me that I could live in his house for the rest of my life. None of us were there when any of this took place how do we know what went on.....let's just see how it plays out in court because this is just where it's headed.

Bertha

I guess it's ok to say you are divorce and marry the godfather of soul. Then come to find out that you were never divorce from your real husband. When he was on his death bed his supposed to be wife was away relaxing she said. I wonder if this was a white man with money and his wife/girlfriend was black would their be a problem? No it wouldn't.

If she had brain she would have made sure at least her son would have been taken care of. And where does it say that he was the father? Let's wait on the blood test. If she lied about being divorce she could have lied about the boy's father!!!

Holly M.

What all of you need to remember is the fact that the will was dated in what? 2000... if his son is only five years old, well do the math. HE WASN'T BORN YET when the will was written. Therefore Brown could have had every intention of putting the little boy in his will but never got a chance to.

DADDyy D0M253

First off I wanna say.. I freaking love Jessica Hill!! OKOK!! I am not really shocked about Mr. Brown not having alot.. When you are dealing with someone with soo much money... It's always a battle.. when they are younger.. but the God Father of SOUL's bank account was on "E"!!

joanne

that 5 year old looks just like him. shame on the lawyer.

dja

What kind of man would intentionally leave his baby boy and the mother of the child (his significant companion of many years) out of his will? Perhaps James Brown expects the mother of his child to live off welfare and goverment subsidies? If the grown children have a shred of decency, they will provide financially for this child and show him the love brothers and sisters share.

What a jerk! dja