Ryan O'Neal 911 Tapes

2/5/2007 8:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained frantic 911 tapes from the night actor Ryan O'Neal was arrested after a wild fight with his son Griffin. Joanna Berry, Griffin's pregnant girlfriend, called 911 crying hysterically, claiming she had been assaulted and that she was in a "lot of pain."

Click to play

Ryan was booked on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and negligent discharge of a firearm. He later told the Los Angeles Times that he fired the shot in self-defense after his son swung a fireplace poker at him, grazing him four or five times.

Click to listen.

steve

WHACKED BASTARD

fiery

I'm not even going to listen, it seems perverted.
I know I wouldn't want people listening to the 911 call I made.

pete

My family typically only does stuff like this on holidays...

TJ

Just goes to show you how horribly screwed up that Hollywood crowd really are. They have money and privileges must of us would never have in life and they throw it all away on drugs, bimbos and self indulgent behavior. Ryan O'Neal is really a complete has been. He made one famous film back in the 60's and has been a complete loser since then. He is a bad actor and more importantly a bad parent. He can live with a ruined career but how can he live with himself knowing he bungled the job of parenting and turned out very troubled kids.

OhMy!

Griffin has ALWAYS been a bad seed!

Sand In My Crack

So this is how they celebrated Farrah's birthday? Guns, fireplace pokers, injured pregnant girlfriends, and a trip to the slammer. I sure hope someone remembered to bring a cake.

Seriously

I didn't grow up in a violent house so I just cannot imagine
how horrible this must be.
WTF is the matter with people? What's worse is for little
children to be subjected to violence. Is that any way to grow up?
This is just sick.

Lou

who cares about this dude. he hadnt had a job in 20 years.

janejane

This is exactly the kind of crap that Ryan's kids grew up with. Violence was a way of life in his household with the kids always on the receiving end. Everyone knows that he knocked out Griffin's teeth when he was still a minor but he also punched Tatum in the face on more than one occasion. Messed up man who really messed up his kids. I hope they all have enough sense to stay away from him once and for all. He's poison.

nadine outar

Don't know much about this loose cannon but he sure seems like a bad dad. I've only seen him 'malibu most wanted' & nothing else. His ex-wife Farrah looks messed up too.

One helluva guy

Me and my family beat the crap out of each other everyday. We wail on one another. My family is full of crackpots, so I beat them regularly.

Justin

sonia, i'm sure your a very beautiful woman...yeah right!

Ryan never married Farrah

Patty

#5....lOVE YOUR COMMIT...LAUGHED SILLY...ANYWAY...WHAT DID THEY DO TO HIS SON? HE'S THE ONE THAT CAME AFTER HIS DAD...HE NEEDS THE POKER ALONG THE SIDE OF HIS HEAD!!!

george vieto

The sequel to the Main Event.

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

LMAO at #5. RyanO'Neal and his kids are geneictally messed up or something. Ryan's kid with Tuesday Weld, I think it is, is okay because she kept her kid away from Ryan and the rest. Farrah and Ryan's son, Redmond is a druggie and might be clean now, but has haad bad bouts with drugs.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments