Mexican Court -- "Dog" Must Stand Trial

2/16/2007 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of A&E's "Dog the Bounty Hunter," may have to return to Mexico to stand trial for deprivation of liberty, reports the AP, after a Mexican court ruled today that he should be extradited. The charge stems from Chapman's capture of convicted serial rapist Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta in 2003.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," said Dog and wife Beth Chapman on AETV.com. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time." No further details were available.

In 2003, Mexican authorities had arrested Chapman and his associates for unlawful deprivation of liberty and released him on bail. Last September, Chapman was arrested by U.S. Marshals and again released on bail.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mona

Joe Kerr, do you have first hand experience with this law breaker? Since A&E are standing strong behind these people I think they should call themselves Abased & Embarrassed. I would love to hear more.

U Know Who

Duane “Speed Freak Convicted Accessory To Murder Racist Motorcycle Gang Wannabe Hawaiian Paniolo Dog” Chapman. Broke the law. It’s not as if the FBI didn’t KNOW WHERE to capture Luster, they JUST FOLLOWED THE LAW.

Chapman did not, he should know as well as ANYBODY that is a no no.

I have said this 100 times about this douche. He “catches” criminals on an ISLAND for f’s sake. A VERY VERY TEENY TINY ISLAND – I can catch a lot of fish in a barrel also.

The man doesn’t DARE come to Los Angeles except to feed his heifer. If he is SUCH a “hero” why doesn’t he help the LAPD. Catch EVEN ONE of the non-legal residents that are 95% of Los Angeles open murder investigations. He KNOWS that if he came and “Attempted” to set up shop here it would likely end in his and most likely his entire families untimely demise.

What I find even more amusing is the outcry from the liberal types, about “Free Dog”. The basic idea that he should get a pass on ANY laws he may have broken, because he captured Luster. While I agree Luster is/was bad.

I would say Saddam Hussein was 100 times worse. And you all wont cut GWB one inch of slack. EVERDAY it’s the cry of “Illegal War” “impeach” bla bla bla.

Saddam Hussein was estimated to have KILLED 2 Million people many by feeding them FEET FIRST into paper mulchers/wood chippers etc. You wont give the AMERICAN PRESIDENT AND BACKING FOR HIS GREAT DEED.

Yet you’ll cry like 8 year olds over some Tweaker Scumbag?

Get your priorities straight.

Don’t tell me he didn’t KNOW what was happening as his gang buddies killed a black man. He was THERE he knew damned well what was gonna happen. You NEVER admit that in court though of course, and that’s why he was able to get out of Prison. Don’t be naïve and think he had no knowledge of a MURDER taking place while he STOOD WATCH!

Yes I EXPECT to be COMPLETELY and totally hated by the herd followers. Because I know Speed Boy is your new god.

Mona

Dear Some Dude: Don't be shy, tell everyone what you know. Let's get this crap all out and forget about American versus Mexico. People are irrate about Mexicans and what they are doing to our Country. Tell them about this dirt bag.

Joe Kerr

I have lived many years in the places dog claims to have been. He was never a real biker, or a member of a club. In fact, nobody can be found who has ever seen him on a bike, other than sitting on one at the dealership and pretending to ride.

When he was in prison, he was known to suck up to the guards and was given a work assignment reserved only for bitches and snitches. He is a sissy and a wannabe.

He is nothing. He is employed by the fat broad who owns the bail bond agency and without her he would be flipping burgers. Now that they are married, he can look forward to community property when the show is canceled and/or he lands in the slammer.

Attitude

Re-Kat-The Pussy Hunter
If the illegals are arrested why the FUCK are there still so many? And they are multiplying like rabbits! If a mexican came over here and arrested one (or 5 million) illegals I would be happy as hell- Give them a fucking medal, some cash, and a free ride home. I would love them to come over here and take their trash home.

Wicked

I actually called Da Kine Bail Bonds in Honlulu, and they answered, it's true. I love the Dog and his family. This is just so wrong on so many levels.

T~

I agree with those supporting DOG. I understand he broke their laws, but show some leniency it was for good cause. BUT you know he should have just left the rapist there and let them deal with it. Let the criminal stay there, one less for the U.S. to deal with.

Hey since Mexico wants to be that way, let them have the criminal and ban him from ever coming back to the states.

AJ

If all of you LOSERS like the illegal mexicans so much, why don't YOU go live there? And YES, they are living off of all of us here in the U.S. time they step their sorry asses into OUR country illegally. I bet half of you haters would be LOVING him if he caught someone whom raped YOU or a member of your family. Idiots!

GOD BLESS DOG AND HIS FAMILY!!!

TJ

With all the crime in Mexico you'd think they would have more important things to do than to go after Dog. I think he, Beth and their entire team do a very valuable service by getting all the sleaze bags off the streets. Pray for Dog..he is one of the good guys!

AJ

What have you done lately to help mankind? There you are sitting on your asses typing on a comp, and you think you have the right to insult this man?

He is a hero and a wonderful person! So what if he was bad at one point in his life, he sure doesn't hide that fact from anyone now does he?

He turned his life around and did something with himself, which is more than most people can say.

Mexico needs to get all of their illegal people out of our country and stop worrying about Dog. How many more tax dollars do we need to waste on THEM??? HELLO?

Joe Kerr

Oh yeah sure, Dog "gets the sleaze off of the streets." How do you think they got there? His fat wife bails them out of jail and doesn't get enough information to discourage them from running off in the first place.

I'm still trying to figure out if that's gum in her mouth or a cud.

Moooooo! Got milk?

CrazyMofos

#15 you have no idea do you..if this guy was never caught do you know how many more women would have been raped?? idiot

Rene

I just hope Dog doesn't have to go to jail in Mexico. He's a good guy who got a bad guy off the streets. The Mexican government wasn't able to catch that pervert, so the Dog had to do it.

Mexico has a lot more problems than Dog to worry about! Maybe if Mexico wasn't such a corrupt country, more of the Mexican people would stay there and not cross the border illegally. I can't blame them for wanting to come here because life is so bad there. I think Mexico should just lay off the Dog!

Bren

The Dog is the shit!!! Long live the dog!!!

Joe Kerr

You may want to stand behind Dog, Tim and Leland now, but very soon Paco, Pablo and Juan will be taking turns standing behind them. Know what I mean?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments