Mexican Court -- "Dog" Must Stand Trial

2/16/2007 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of A&E's "Dog the Bounty Hunter," may have to return to Mexico to stand trial for deprivation of liberty, reports the AP, after a Mexican court ruled today that he should be extradited. The charge stems from Chapman's capture of convicted serial rapist Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta in 2003.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," said Dog and wife Beth Chapman on AETV.com. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time." No further details were available.

In 2003, Mexican authorities had arrested Chapman and his associates for unlawful deprivation of liberty and released him on bail. Last September, Chapman was arrested by U.S. Marshals and again released on bail.

Catalina

AMEN TOM

MEXICO CAN KISS MINE AND DOG'S ASSES. FUNNY HOW THEY WANT US TO FOLLOW THIER LAWS YET WHEN IT COMES TO THEM FOLLOWING OURS.............THEY'RE JUST LIVIN' THE AMERICAN DREAM. YEAH RIGHT, ON OUR TAX DOLLARS.

AJ

I can't believe this! I agree with Torn all the way! This is bullshit!
Dog, you are in our thoughts and prayers my brother.

Catherine

Dog,
You are THE Man! This is total BS and if our American government doesn't stand up to the Mexican government on this I am really going to question whether I want to be an American citizen.

Amber

I can NOT belive that they are doing this to such a wonderful man! It IS bull shit just like Tom & Aj said. :( I stand behind Dog,Tim & Leland all the way. SCREW MEXICO! They got rid of a bunch of assholes only to take our good guys. Really sad Mexico, Really sad. Hell Really SAD USA, why can't you do something to keep him here. Ugh, ok I got some of this off my chest. LOL
Either way, I stand up for Dog,Leland & Tim one million percent!

DeDe

This is just absolutely ridiculous. It is very sad that Dog and his boys took this sorry rapist off the streets and saved who knows how many women for the torture that he put several women in here in the US. Maybe they should have left his sorry excuse of a man there and then the Mexican government would have shot and killed his sorry butt.

But, then women here in the US would not be able to sleep at night so Dog was right on for getting this guy. Dog, Dwayne and Tim just need to be left alone and the Mexican governemnt should throw them a big fiesta and thank them for getting this monster off the streets and protecting their women and countless others.

sherry

dog did something right instead of getting into trouble he should get a medal

JLT

I knew this was coming when I read that Mexico turned over a major drug lord to the US. The government ain't gonna help Dog now

Igor

Look people, I agree that DOG and his family of bounty hunters
are awesome people doing great work. However, he went into
another country and broke their f'd up laws, not to mention putting his
life in jeopardy...pretty damn irresponsible. Aren't there enough
fugitives in the U.S. for DOG to go after. Frankly, it was a really
stupid thing to do...his heart was in the right place though. I wish
him and his family nothing but love.

He's Boring now

Whats Mexico going to do, come an get him? I dont think so...its only if the US honors the extradition request and than transports him to Mexico would anything occur. If our Congress stands idle after being inundated with petiions the last months to stop this nonsense, than this Country is headed for insanity.

Kel

This is such bullshit! Our government lets Mexico hide murders, drug dealers, and child molesters, and this guy is going to have to stand trial?

Tell me where I sign the petition to stop this crap.

Roger

Dog should be given a medal! Mexico is really corrupt, screwed up country!
The U.S. should send illegals back! CRACK DOWN ON THEM!!

Mona

Folks, remember he broke the law in that country. He is a lawman and he and his posse should be able to understand "the Law is the Law". I like the Dog, and believe he is a good man, person, father. But he must face the music. Stop bitching and start praying for him and his staff. Your &$*@f this and )^#*% that attitudes are not going to help this man. Try prayer. Pray for his loud mouth wife that belitttles criminals and makes fun of their addictions. The one that is only driven by money and material things. She is one of his weaknesses. Stop complaining and wake up and smell the coffee. You break the Law, you get caught, you pay. As American citizens turn that anger into something positive. BItching is not going to do it.

Attitude

Bravo Tom!!!
Are those Bastards going to supply him with a translator, fly the american flag, give him a nice free check every month to support all 87 of his family members living in the same house, AND kiss his ass like our government does for the illegals?
FUCK Mexico!!!

Attitude

no pervs allowed

Since all you klones and sheep are drinking from the same Kool-Aid pitcher, I will speak up and say it first --- dibs on being his bail bond rep, so I can be filmed hunting him down in Hawaii on TV, then preaching to him like I am his best friend as I collect the money for his capture and return to Mexico, so he can face up to what he preaches,,, respect for the law.

Doreen

It makes me say for sure I will never visit Mexico support them or buy their products they are messed up backwards wierd. Any rapist should not be able to escape to another country.