Britney's Post-Partum Struggle

2/27/2007 2:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears' troubles may have little to do with substance abuse. Sources say doctors at her rehab facility think the underlying reason for her trouble may be post-partum depression.

Sources tell TMZ that Britney's doctors have two operating theories -- either that she suffers from post-partum depression or bipolar disorder. The doctors strongly believe post-partum is the problem.

As for substance abuse, as one source says, "No doubt about it - she likes to drink." But doctors believe the drinking is a way Spears has coped with a bigger problem.

We're told Britney, who is sticking it out at the Promises rehab facility in Malibu, is currently reading Brooke Shields' book, "Down Came the Rain," in which Shields reveals her battle with post-partum depression.

We're told doctors believe Spears' problem is complicated by an intense feeling on her part that she has lost control of her life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

nik

or she is just a spoiled brat

Elli

I am probably one of the few who feel sorry for Britney, and this is the reason why. I had two children close together and suffered from PPD and have always suspected this is what Britney was dealing with as well. Best of luck to her, and that's an excellent book to help her through PPD.

barb9236

depressed about losing control ? More like depressed about losing her drug stash - enough with these excuses - after 2 babies and diapers out the a$$ I was depresses too.....but not to that extent - it's called being a responsible adult !!

Miapocca

I hate to say I TOLD YOU SO!!

Woman have hormonal issues that make yo look like a crazy carzy person.
Now I shoudl think that all the media should be apologizing to her, including TMZ...you could all have put her over the edge...........................SHAME ON YOU
ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RICH S

white redneck trash with cash... all that loot and cant function in life.... what a joke...
Her real problem... not living in the real world, but still trying to relate with it. Get a life moron.. try this for a cure....GROW UP!!!!

jim

I feel so sorry for BSpears. It's a shame how the public loves to see celebrities hit rock bottom.

move over lutfi

I hope she gets better. PPD happens to more women than others realize. Unfortunately, Britney is in the public eye, so her breakdown is entertainment for some. If this is what is wrong, it can be managed with medications. She will be able to pull it together.

Miapocca

I sincerely hope none of you ever have a hormaonal inbalance , because if you too I can share from family experience its beyond being dead yet alive!! try the Brooke Sheilds book before you start any more insults..its usually precautionary keep the bad words out for now till we have somethign to Trash her about................

Cammi

I often thought that Britney may be struggling with post-partum depression. It makes sense, and it is so common. I know how hard it is to be a mother- much less doing it while going through a VERY public divorce and meltdown. I wish Britney the best.

Bi-Polar Hippie

What a load of CRAP!

2007 - REHAB BRITNEY
2008 - BACK TO THE TOP OF THE CHARTS with CRAPASS MUSIC or FILM.

Will America be fooled????..........Lets wait and see......

Whatever

Um who is leaking her private medical issues to the press? I wouldn't belive a word of that horsecrap.

TheHell

Bullshit. This is being thrown out there to try and save her precious image. She needs to suck it up, grow up and take responsibility for her actions. She has two babies at home. It's time to stop being selfish and do what's right for her boys.

sap

well if it is post partum depression they ought to contact Tom Cruise and find out the best way to treat it!

Bi-Polar Hippie

PPD = SCAPEGOAT BACK TO THE PUBLICS' HEARTS

geysa guarconi

I do feel sorry for her. She really needs a strong family and true people around her. She is young, talented and because of bad choices, wich are normal at her age, and the pressure because she is famous it all happened...
I wish I could help her...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments