Could Beyonce Get Hepatitis from Wolfgang Puck?

2/27/2007 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An urgent warning has been issued by the Health Department, warning the star-studded crowd who attended the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue party on Valentine's Day that they may have been exposed to acute hepatitis A. The list of possibly exposed guests: Beyonce Knowles, Leonardo DiCaprio's girlfriend Bar Rafaeli, and dozens of ridiculously hot bikini models.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed that an employee of Wolfgang Puck Catering was recently diagnosed with the disease, and has strongly urged anyone who attended the SI party, or any of the 13 other events catered by Puck between Feb. 1 - 20, to get an immune globulin shot by tomorrow to prevent illness.

When contacted, a rep from Puck's catering company would not tell TMZ which other events Puck catered, nor would they reveal how many other people may have been exposed to the illness. They did say, however, that no one who attended Sunday's Governor's Ball at the Academy Awards is at risk.

A rep for Beyonce told TMZ that they "were looking into it."

lASHONJ

They should have checked their employees for diseases BEFORE catering to ANYONE. Celebrity or not.....this is a lawsuit in the making.

I don't care for Beyonce, but I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone. That's pretty messed up. Hepatitius is a disease for life - there's no cure. This can happen to anyone, just think about when you eat out, you can be exposed to that mess too. I'm quite sure McDonald's doesn't check for diseases....just drug tests.

yay

beyonce is on the cover for sports illustrated??? what a joke. these damn celebrities want a PIECE OF EVERYTHING. how greedy. hey b, leave it to the REAL models , FAT ASS !!!!

Gayle Dean

Wolfgang Puck seems to be obsessed with diseased LIVER? He thumbs
his nose at people who protest his foie gras made from the diseased livers
of tortured geese and then he feeds his guests food that may cause disease
in their livers. Very unappetizing to hear a chef involved in such things!
He should be called Wolfgang Yuck!

vlo

#19 you are a dummy.....that's nasty and post your real screen name! COWARD....don't blame it on Miss Hudson.

PN

When I think about it--How come Wolfgang Puck, the caterers and cooks didn't fully cook the food at that event? There might have been some uncooked food at that event and some might have caught the hepatitis long after it. I hope that Beyonce and all the other celebrities get globulin shots immediately.

Stephanie

The fat-assed spoiled cry baby could stand to lose a few pounds.

Jean H.

This can happen to anyone at any time. My son and I were exposed a few years ago to
Hepatitis after eating at a well-known chain restaurant. We had the recommended immunization and are fine. We all take risks every day when we are out in public. The famous are not immune. I never considered a lawsuit because I was just grateful that I did not become sick. If I had contacted Hepatitis it may have been a different story.

Virgie GO HOME

B, you really need to reinvent yourself. First it was J.Lo...now you feel the need to compete with SHAKIRA. B, STOP TRYING TO BE A KOPY KAT.

Merr

Hepatitis A - not the same as B!!!!!

ML

I WAS at the SI party. I am not rich or famous. I was so happy to get invited to that party. Now I'm afraid I might have something. I hope I COULD sue someone for all this hardship. This was going to be one of the best experiences in my life. Now it's just fear.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4