LAPD

Investigating James Blunt's 'Hit & Run'

2/27/2007 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that the LAPD has opened an investigation into a late night car accident involving singer James Blunt and supermodel Petra Nemcova, and have officially classified it as a "hit and run."

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
According to several witnesses, James drove their black SUV over the leg of an autograph seeker as the couple slowly pulled away from a Hollywood party Friday night.

According to police, LAPD has not yet "identified" the driver of the vehicle during the accident (?), however, TMZ ran a photo of Blunt in the driver's seat!

A rep for Blunt tells TMZ that, despite reports to the contrary, the person run over "wasn't a fan" and says, "It was a ton of paparazzi that were all swarming [James'] car as he was driving two MPH trying to navigate his way through them... They were invading his space. He was just trying to quietly leave the party." She adds that James is "looking into the matter and will cooperate."

Wicked

Oh leave the beautiful WHITE BOY along and his beautiful model WHITE GIRL alone. Go arrest the black drug dealers in Watts.

Wicked

I never even saw a Black person until I was in my late teens. I was in shock.

Granny

paparazzi, can't get a real job, so they hound celebs. How did Danny get Methodone in his system? Stern switched his meds. Or put it in the coke he got for Danny.

Heather

If I hounded people and got my foot run over, I'd be reasonable and understand that these things happen when you're stupid

newsjunkie

he was tryin to recreate a scene they did on PRISON BREAK.

LOL

Christyl

Hahhahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahaha....Now the *PAPARAZZI* should learn from what happened to that guy!!! Thats what they want..they want something to happen so they could get a pic and a story BUT this guy deserved what he got! Lmao! he got run over good for him..next time he wont be in the way of a moving car hahaahahahahaha
Take this a s a lesson PHOTOGS

Great Dane

I'm sure he had no idea anyone had been injured when he drove off......

Shame on that man for not MOVING out of the way.....I often see the paps swarming around the cars and wonder why stuff like this doesn't happen more often......

They should not be able to throw themselves on the car the way that they do.....

Toots

IS THIS GUY A COMPLETE IDIOT OR WHAT? HOW CAN YOU RUN OVER A GUYS' LEG AND NOT KNOW IT? OH YEAH, I RUN OVER BUMPS, GOING 2 MPH ALL THE TIME AND DON'T WONDER WHAT IT WAS.... WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

Nick the Alpha Law Student :)

he was probably trying to f*** his viciously hot girlfriend and that a-hole pap cockblocked him with his clumsy stepping.

James, if you get sued, countersue for loss of model ass...that's worth a mick jagger sized check ;)

Jenn

Maybe it's just me but he doesn't look that hurt....H'mm wonder if this is gonna go to court for money? Sounds familar to me!

Only in

Crazy dumb a*s cracker,he get his as*s taken into custody. He's not getting away with this one. Then they will send his limey as*s back to Britian,no talent,nobody. Yea come on down to Watts,we all like to meet you lamb chop.I will Never Ever give up my Fight against RACISM! NO PEACE, NO JUSTICE!!!

AB

This fake rocker still can't believe he's banging this hot piece of ass! I can't believe either.

Nick the Alpha Law Student :)

# 1 - drug dealers, black or not, are subject to arrest. Just because more black drug dealers are arrested than white drug dealers doesn't mean it was due to racism from the police -- it's society and societal roles.
#2 - Are you on Anna's methadone? Wtf does any of that have to do with James Blunt running over someone's leg.
#3 - Your name says it all.
#4 - You commented and I wish i could run over your foot right now... is that reasonable?
#5 - Nobody watches prison break. the only breaks you get in prison are your pelvis cracking when bubba comes to see you, his b*tchy poo.
#6 - What do you care? You don't think these celebrities make massive amounts of money and gain popularity BECAUSE of the photogs? They created the tabloid craze, now live with it...or you know... shave your head and attack cars with umbrellas..
#7 - You create many facts to this story. Having been non-present and using only a tabloid site, TMZ.com, as reference.... makes you BRILLIANT. :)
#8 - You are so damn sexy it hurts.
#9 - Sometimes you hear a crunch and you just hope for the best. Sorry, Mr. Squirrel :(
#10 - Grown men don't cry over broken toes. They cry over court cases they preside over as officiates of the law.
# 11 - you will "never give up your fight for racism" yet you will go ahead and call James Blunt a cracker? Not that it really offends white people when you say that, but holy sh*t did you eat a bowl of hypocrite wheaties this morning or are you just that dumb?

Okay, I think I raised enough of a stink :) What? I was bored. :) Bring it.

Sillyme

Why doesn't California make strict and frightful laws protecting working press, camera men, fans and stalkers from getting harmed while harassing others for money?! It's a puzzlement!

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

It would serve the STALKARAZZI right to get run over, if it was one of them. I certainly hope if it was, that JB doesn't get charged with any wrongdoing.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the stalkarazzi got in the way on purpose, leeches that they are. There should be some sort of a law regarding such blatant infringement of personal space, like a 20 foot space if they are not invited closer to take pics. There is no need to get closer, since good lenses can provide sharp photos.

Photo taking of celebrities has gotten way out of hand.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments