CAA Inks

Etheridge-Hating Savage

3/1/2007 3:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Savage vs. Melissa EtheridgeHollywood powerhouse talent pimps, Creative Artists Agency, has signed nationally syndicated homophobic radio host Michael Savage for representation in all areas.

Savage, whose real name is Michael Alan Weiner, hosts the conservative radio program "Savage Nation," and just this week, he lashed out against breast cancer survivor/Oscar winner Melissa Etheridge -- for thanking her wife, Tammy Lynn Michaels and their kids during her Academy Awards acceptance speech. Savage said, "I don't like a woman married to a woman. It makes me want to puke. I want to vomit when I hear it. I think it's child abuse."

He further commented on homosexuality saying, "There are people who are sexually confused, who think that they're men when they're women. They're not normal."

Savage's anti-gay tirade, although typical for his radio show, is especially troubling considering Etheridge is also a CAA client! Besides Savage and Etheridge, CAA reps some of the biggest names in the business, including Julia Roberts and Tom Cruise.

Calls to CAA reps were not immediately returned.

lisa mae magillacuddy

hmmmm!

MGH

WHAT A RETARD!!! When EVER has Melissa Ethridge said she thinks she's a man?? Is he serious or just stupid. I hope Hollywood boycots CAA because of this BOZO.
Child abuse? Please.. Do we get to claim abuse for having to listen to his drivel?

By the way I agree with #1, I think he might be protesting too much. Look at that preacher, major homophobe and closet gay.

Oh wait... isn't he cured? LOL

lisa mae magillacuddy

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! SAVAGE SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!!

Denise

I'm VERY surprised in this day and age that CAA would touch that guy with a 12 foot pole. Greed over ethics. Nice going CAA.

angel

??????

ManBearPig Huntress

Sorry, I agree. I know it's not politically correct, but that's how I feel. I don't care what they do, just don't want to see it or hear about it.

Ron Rale (the Diaper Pail -- and I am not full of $hit)

The guy is gay himself. I oughta know. I slept with him.

BOOOOORRRRRRING!!!!!!

X

Michael Savage is nothing but a narrow minded guy. Unfortually these are the people that get air time for ratings. I understand freedom of speech but there is a place for everything. Michael Savage untill now I never knew who you were. It's people like him that will destroy America for having a more morbid view on life and how people should think. It's easier to say over the air but is he a true man to say it in the person he directs the anger to his/her face?

Ann

When will people understand that whether you believe that Homosexuality is a sin or not...HATE does NOTHING productive?! I guarantee that we, as a society, are more threatened by hate mongers like Savage than we are by gays. If you think that sleeping with someone of the same sex is wrong...then, DON'T do it. If you think abortion is wrong, DON'T have one (off topic, but people get all bunched up about this one too). As a former conservative Christian (still Christian...not so conservative), I can tell you that if the whole God/Jesus/Bible thing is your hangup...JESUS would have been kind to gays! Nuff Said.

All alone in paradise

RSAV, you obviously harbor secret inner thoughts about trying the gay lifestyle "at least once" and you're ashamed of it.

Paul Kline

Dear # 62 RSAV-

Your bed in the mental ward is awaiting you! Archaic thinking is a disease. You should get help. One's sexuality has absolutely nothing to do with talent, intelligence, or character. You are the perfect example of (I guess) a heterosexual that possesses none of the above.

Sillyme

he's got a right to free speech just like Melissa

Dick Fitzwell

It's just classic to read the comments by the left wing nuts who want to shut Savage up because they don't like what he has to say about Gays. the left's mantra in a nut shell "free speech for me but not for thee!"

Diane

I wonder why the public outcry over comments by Isiah Washington, Mel Gibson, etc. was so great, but this guy has no consequences for the things he says. Is calling someone a "fag" more offensive? Mr. Savage has no life as he has admitted on his program. I can understand why!.

Hayley

RSAV - Um, I don't wretch at the site of gays. You obviously have zero education or you would know that homosexuality is not a choice. Why don't you shut your ugly mouth and do some research? I hope you get your ass kicked. You are an ugly, vile human being.