CAA Inks

Etheridge-Hating Savage

3/1/2007 3:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Savage vs. Melissa EtheridgeHollywood powerhouse talent pimps, Creative Artists Agency, has signed nationally syndicated homophobic radio host Michael Savage for representation in all areas.

Savage, whose real name is Michael Alan Weiner, hosts the conservative radio program "Savage Nation," and just this week, he lashed out against breast cancer survivor/Oscar winner Melissa Etheridge -- for thanking her wife, Tammy Lynn Michaels and their kids during her Academy Awards acceptance speech. Savage said, "I don't like a woman married to a woman. It makes me want to puke. I want to vomit when I hear it. I think it's child abuse."

He further commented on homosexuality saying, "There are people who are sexually confused, who think that they're men when they're women. They're not normal."

Savage's anti-gay tirade, although typical for his radio show, is especially troubling considering Etheridge is also a CAA client! Besides Savage and Etheridge, CAA reps some of the biggest names in the business, including Julia Roberts and Tom Cruise.

Calls to CAA reps were not immediately returned.

C-dog

Michael Savage is a self-hating homosexual from San Francisco. He bashes gays to deflect attention away from himself. If you took away the anti-gay hate speech, he sounds like a flaming queen trying to butch it up for red America. He's not fooling me!

laura

This guy is just jealous, he wishes he had a girl as hot as Melissa! You all know that!

MM

Mike Savage is the best. I know exactly where he stands on every issue.

U Know Who

The fools calling this man uneducated are just that-Fools.

He holds Masters degrees in Medical Botany & Medical Anthropology.

Has a PHD From UC Berkeley in Nutritional Ethnomedicine.

Authored over 20 books - 4 of which were NY Times best sellers.

Has over 8million listeners on 400+ stations which gives him third in nationwide rankings for radio talks shows. And he holds a number one ranking in MANY large markets including NY.

The man is FAR from uneducated.

Seems like he's doing something right to have SO MANY listeners acorss the USA.

BlackMetal

Brendolyn

This is disgusting. Yes, we do have freedom of speech in this country but there's a way to express yourself without being vicious. A simple "I don't agree with the gay lifestyle" would have been sufficient. We didn't need to hear all the additional crap from him. I think it's a real cop out when people spout off hate and filth and then hide behind their freedom of speech rights. Our society has become so self-absorbed that we've forgotten basic decency and manners. I have no problem with people expressing their opinions. I'd just like to see it done in a classy way.

Whatever

Why would this guy care what people do in the bedroom? None of his business. What a pathetic man to have a show bashing people to make himself feel better. Turd brain.

Dave

Why is it the people who pride themselves on being religious and "christian" are also the most hateful and judgemental people I've ever seen? Savage is the best example of this kind of thing. Anybody who doesn't act or talk or believe what he believes doesn't deserve to live here apparently. It's sickening.

I agree the PC thing goes too far at times, but it's a lot better than the alternative-- which is insulting people and calling them all sorts of ugly, digusting names. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm sure Jesus would REALLY approve of that behavior.

Bobp

Doesn't anyone think it's hysterical that this slimeball changed his name from Weiner to SAVAGE??? Whether it's pronounced whiner or weener, it's just too perfect!!! He only does it to get the haters all riled up (see comments). Why didn't he just change his last name to TOUGHSTRAIGHTGUYWITH ABIGSCHLONG??? Anyone who takes him seriously has sh*t for brains.

Standards are badly needed.

This guy's not the best looking; can't see him landing many good woman, because his attitude is so judgemental, so it must infuriate him that yet ANOTHER woman doesn't want him, but wants another woman. Insult on top of insult.

Marissa

Men and Men together, Women and Women together, are "Mentally ILL". These two women used a man for sperm to have children. It is not Natural and is very Abnormal! If God wanted women and women to have children he would have made them that way. They are using men for their sick life!

lisa mae magillacuddy

I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN SAVAGE IS GAY!!! HE SHOULD JUST COME "OUT" AND ADMIT IT!!!

Jessie

Michael Savage Rules!!!!!!!!!!!

He has the best radio show ever.

The Truth

LOVE HIM! He's great.

Liberals are afraid to listen to him because he's right on most issues, not just right leaning but CORRECT.

They don't want to hear the truth, as usual

The Truth

Why are leftards quoting Jesus if you don't believe in him?

Just saying, it's another hypocrisy of the gayleft.

reina

I LOVE Michael Savage, he says things no one else has the guts to say. Check out his web site and you'll see things that we are closing our eyes to and the media won't show us. He may get emotional, but I don't blame him. He's as disgusted as I am about issues all across the board. He's brilliant in my book.