Savage Goes

Down in Flames

3/1/2007 8:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael SavageJust two days after announcing they were representing him, CAA has given homophobic radio host Michael Savage the ax! Adios, hater!

As TMZ earlier reported, on the heels of being signed to the high-profile talent agency, Savage made disparaging and homophobic remarks aimed at fellow CAA client Melissa Etheridge. Well, that didn't fly at the agency, because, according to Planet Gossip's Marc Malkin, CAA is no longer repping the conservative hate-monger -- and has unceremoniously dropped him from their client list!

Looks like Savage will now have something beside the private lives of A-list Oscar-winning lesbians to whine about.

CAA confirmed to TMZ that Savage is no longer their client.

sl

homophobic is a word made up by gays to condem anyone who questions or rejects their behavior. Homosexuality is a choice. Nobody is born that way. It is a difficult thing to come out of, but it happens. I know someone who was a lesbian for 14yrs and her partner left her and she almost killed herself. She eventually ended up in church. She described being a lesbian as having an addiction. People can't seem to disagree with homosexuals or lesbians without being ousted or shunned. When did acted in perverted unnatuaral ways become so saintly? Homosexuals have no desire to get married either. They want to destroy the institution of marriage. Marriage is defined as between a man and a woman. Why would a homosexual want to get married when they can just live together. They don't even believe in the bible. benefits. Two straight people of the same sex can say they are common law married even though they are just friends just to get benefits.

SJ

Wasn't Savage actually "close" friends with Allen Ginsberg (a.k.a. the gayest man in American history)? Seems like I recall reading that he moved from NYC to San Fran to become a writer/artist and to be closer to the counter-culture.

On the other hand, for everyone that is bashing him, are you aware that he holds a large interest in a popular beverage that I'm sure that at least some of you drink, and thus are putting money directly into his pocket? I'll leave it up to you to try to figure out which drink it actually is.

sl

look at that Dr Kapoor. He was gay when he wanted to be and straight when he wanted to be. He was making out with anna nicole smith because he could get away with it because he is just a "gay guy" hypocrite.

Spell Check.

Hey James,
So who did Adam and Eve's kids marry anyway?

Tash

Thank God.

Hayley

STEVE - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS F***ING ISSUES BUDDY. YOU NEED THERAPY ASAP!

Hayley

Well GUESS WHAT????????? MICHAEL SAVAGE IS GAY!!! lol!!!! i KNEW IT!!! ANYONE WHO HATES GAYS THAT MUCH IS ACTUALLY GAY THEMSELVES AND JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH IT!!! WHAT A F***ING A**HOLE!!!

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME READ THIS:

Sean Bresnahan

Rsav: will you please stop this awful correspondence of yours. Your vile and ugly words contribute nothing to the conversation. If this is your idea of debate, you should shut down your computer and go back to watching "Hee Haw".

mary

This guy is such a fake. He went to Berkley and wrote books on nutrition. Can you say hippy?? I guess when that didnt pay the bills he had to try something else . He saw that hate sold well and wanted to cash in. I doubt he believes half the stuff he babbles about . You guys are all getting played. The guy wants to sell books and make money. He is an opprotunist. I bet you all cant wait to read his next book. Damn you guys are suckers.

Sean Bresnahan

Isn't it funny how many of these gay-bashing, macho men enjoy reading the gossip pages of tzm! More Earl Grey?

Ida Clair

I'm appalled at the judgemental comments here. Why would it make any difference in your life if Etheridge called her partner her wife or her mallard duck? I don't understand how gay marriage could possibly destroy marraige. I'm married, my neighboors might be married, living together, roommates, gay, etc. it has absolutely no effect on my marriage. How do the actions of others make my marriage more or less valuable? Who values my marriage other than my spouse, a few family members and myself? I also doubt couples will decide to stop getting married because gays can too.

I wish people could just relax a little and do what works for them without trying to make sure everyone else does it exactly like them. That what or who your neighbor is doing is none of your concern and that religion isn't one size fits all.

Pinkie

A-List and Melissa Etheridge dont belong together. She has been washed up for years and her song shouldnt have beat out the Dreamgirls. It was a political puff job award.

Jo Jo

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Dr. Savage is right. This country has gotten so screwed up, that we have the "speech police" and the "thought police" punishing free speech. We're told that up is down and right is left. He is one of the few media people in the country who has the real courage to speak his mind.

AC/DC

It's unfortunate that CAA gave in to the homo-Nazis to drop Savage. The Homo-Nazis scream and shout in their pink-leotards when things like this happen to them for their perverted belief systems yet they're the ones that shriek the loudest in approval when this happens to someone they don;t like.

Freedom of speech for me but not for thee. Pure hypocrisy.!

Anne

Who the hell is this guy? I never heard of him before this nonsense. I'm all for freedom of speech (as a former journalist) but also believe agencies have a right to choose whom they represent (as a law student). Not entirely sure why they discussed signing him in the first place, as it's not like his hatred magically appeared after their contract talks. My guess is that it's because he spewed hate about a fellow CAA-repped celebrity. A helluva lot more people have heard of Melissa Ethridge (whether or not they know her wife's name) than Michael Savage, and I bet she's made CAA plenty o' cashola.

That the blog comments quickly devolved to nasty comments about gays and "the evilness of political correctness" does not surprise me, though. Grow up, people. Hate isn't a family value.