Elisabeth: "Rosie and I Are Friends"

3/2/2007 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck set the record, er, straight regarding reports that she is being bullied off "The View" by Rosie O'Donnell.
Elisabeth on Rosie: Click to hear
Earlier this week, the motormouth mamas got into a heated tiff over The Patriot Act, which allegedly left Elisabeth in tears backstage. While rumors swirled that "her days were numbered," Hasselbeck told L.A. radio station Star 98.7's Valentine and Lisa Foxx, "Rosie and I are friends." Define friends! Hasselbeck added that she and Rosie, despite political differences, have "a lot in common," and that the reason the women on the show can talk about such controversial topics is because "there is respect at that table." Is that what you call it?!

In an obvious reference to her previous stint on "Survivor," Elisabeth did admit that being the lone conservative voice on the show can make her feel like she's "out on an island sometimes."

Somehow, sleep deprivation and barbecuing rats seem like paradise compared to sitting with "The View" yentas every day!

homer smith

I WILL NEVER WATCH THE VIEW AGAIN, WITH BUTCH, ER, I MEANT ROSIE, IT'S TOO LOUD, WITH THREE WOMEN AND ONE BUTCH, CLAMMORING TO BE HEARD. IT'S TOO MUCH NOISE. I STOPPED WATCHING IT AFTER STAR LEFT. JUST TOO LOUD, TOO MANY SCREAMING WOMEN. YIKES!! IT'S LIKE WATCHING CHILDREN, EXCEPT THESE ARE BIG, UGLY, LOUD CHILDREN. FORGET IT!! ELLEN IS SO PEACEFUL AND FUNNY COMPARED TO THREE WOMEN AND A BUTCH!!

Great Dane

Rosie is outspoken and smart....she's very KNOWLEDGABLE about a variety of different topics....Elizabeth is young, and a little stupid.....

I don't think Rosie is picking on her......I think Elizabeth needs to EDUCATE herself about matters a little bit more- BEFORE she makes ignorant comments.....she gets very easily offended, Rosie told her out right....I'm older then you, I have seen a lot more......but, she's convinced age doesn't play a role? I know that people that are 16, don't know the same as someone thats 26......Age=Wisdom.....

Mary Rose

According to Rosie everything the Democrats do is OK. THEY CAN DO NO WRONG, according to her. I can't believe that the Republican are all wrong and the Democrats are always right. Keep up the good work Elizabeth.

SP

C'mon people. The View is losing viewers. It is close to being called "The Un-Viewed". They rehearse all the topics, everything everyone is going to say, beforehand. The whole Trump thing ... a publicity stunt so people would watch The View and The Apprentice. This is for publicity too. Those who stopped watching want either Rosie or Elisabeth to leave. What better idea than to pit these two against each other on camera and see who's left standing. Guaranteed more people tuned in today than they did yesterday just to see what would happen next. Barbara really put her name and her image on the line with this show, and I'm sure she's regretting it now.

Kennedy

I liked The View when Star was fat and then she got skinny and became a self absorbed witch. I like Rosie because I agree with most of what she says, she's funny, and genuine. It's hard to find genuine people on TV because they all want to be politically correct. I can't watch The View anymore because of my work situation, so long live TMZ! And I find it amusing when Rosie speaks her mind to Elisabeth because she can get on my nerves.

Amy

To Tammy:

I agree that after 911, the President had to take some action. But, time has showed us that nothing has been done to capture Osama Bin Laden and evrything was about Iraq, Oil and bigger interests.

I, myself feel betrayed and used by this administration, Specially when they used 911 incident to run their own agenda and played with our most inner feelings. What have they done with the people who worked rescuing other during that incident? Nothing. There are a lot of other victims that have been forgotten by this adm.

Al Qaeda is free plannnig a lot of things and hating us more than ever and this war has accomplished nothing in that regards. What is even worst is that because of this war, there are more US haters in the world. So, what has been the achievements of going into this war? Less civil rights for us, living in constant fear (more than ever), a lot of hatred inside of the US against diverse people (which includes all of us). Everything has been negative.

Think about it! You will find that something smells fishy in all this "war thing".+

raymo

Come on Elizabeth. Friends!!! Give it up. That fat ass loudmouth lesbo is nothing like a friend. Let's put it this way. She hates your guts. I bet she despises you when you want to voice your point of view. She's thinking, "Oh great, this twit is going to say something I probably don't like so I'm going to cut her off and be loud so I can shut her up." Rosie, grow up! This show ain't about you. I thought that is what this show is called "The View." Rosie needs to back off and lay off the crack. And for this other crackhead, Joy. My God, she's a train wreck. She's just following Rosie's lead just because Rosie has the same views as hers. If it wasn't for Rosie, Joy probably would be less willing to voice her opinion. Rosie definitely has an agenda (duh).
And to #7, Your little b***h Rosie started all of this by being loud and ignorant. Who's face looks like more of a toddler. How God aweful. Just look at Rosie's picture beside Elizabeth's. 'Nuf said.

Jean

Rosie is an ignorant, big mouthed dyke!!!

whynot

LMAO #6

unreal reality

Ever notice that Rosie is at her most obnoxious when Boss Barbara isn't there? Ro and Jo are nasty. Dennis Miller ate them both alive on Thursday's show.

OC Get A Life

Whenever your discourse has to resort to expletives, personal attacks, and the rhetoric of extremism or ultra-patriotism, those are the exact elements that the founders of this nation fought and established principles in the Constitution and governmental institutions to prevent. Remember the internment of all Japanese during WWII, the shooting of anyone with a turban after 911, changing the name of French Fries to Freedom Fries, and the other outrageous things done in America during the hysteria that is used for political expediency by leaders to benefit their agendas in both parties. Now, Mr Clinton and Mr. Bush, both avoided active military service, but were more than willing to send off many others to their deaths and dismemberment due to their foolish foreign policy misadventures. If Mr. Bush had merely focused on Afghanistan we would have killed or captured Bin Ladin and wiped out Al-Queda, and there was no need to go into Iraq, there will never be democracy there, and there was no need to lose thousands of troops and tens of thousands or more civillians, not to mention disrupt the entire region and put Israel at risk. The truth is that we need heroes such as President Bush I (a real war hero) or John McCain (a real war hero) or John Carey (a real war hero) to lead our nation now - and people like Ms. O'Donnell and Ms. Hasselbeck need to remember that we are all one nation.

Great Dane

You can call her a lesbo, a dyke, bully- you can say all of those things.....

But, will SOMEONE admit she's very smart- she knows her stuff ????

YES, she does lean towards one side- but, who doesn't? Elizabeth is a Republican, and she stands beside the Bush Administration despite all of the horrible decisions he has made during his time in office....where as most Republicans that I know.....aren't too please with the way Bush has represented them.......Rosie wasn't asking her to become a Democrat......she was just saying, how can you still stand behind an organization that is lying to us?????

They were quoted as saying something about the loss of 23,000 lives in this war- when the ACTUAL number is like 250,000......they said that they lie, to keep up military enrollment etc.......that is WRONG!

Jean

Rose O'Donnell is an obnoxious bull-dyke.

ElizabethCampbell

Rosie and Joy need to read the memo that HALF of these United States are Republicans. To assume that half of the people in this country are morons and idiotic takes hubris and rudeness to a new level.

Elizabeth is not mature or mean enough to fight Rosie. Notice how Rosie was put in her place when Dennis Miller was on the show, Rosie looked foolish and was squirming. Rosie is a bully and Lizzy is too nice and weak to fight back..

Rosie has a high school education and pops anti-depressants like they are candy! She really believes she is smarter than Elizabeth and is more of a "moral authority"! Are you kidding me?!

The View has definitely jumped the shark and Rosie and Joy insult millions of people on a daily basis with their hubris and insults.

LaReina

Rosie is a big fat stupid pig.