Burger King to J-Hud:

Free Burgers for Life!

3/12/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Burger King has awarded Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for their fast food restaurants... for life! Have it your way... forever!

Jennifer Hudson
Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

"...In response to Jennifer's recent comments in which she asked if she should be thanking Burger King, we say thanks, but no thanks are necessary. Burger King Corporation is proud of Jennifer's success and while we never like to lose employees, in this case, our loss is the entertainment industry's gain ... To further show our support for Jennifer, and make sure she never has to sing for her supper again, Burger King Corporation is giving her a pre-paid BK Crown Card that will be automatically reloaded for life."

Looks like a whopper of a win for Jennifer.

PUULLEEASE

To Comment 25:
Maybe you don't seem to understand free will. GOD gave Jennifer free will to run her mouth and GOD also gave us free will to not buy her crap or see her movies. And....there was a HUGE scandal when Clarkson removed her songs from AI. Maybe the whiteness of her skin blinded you to that fact! You can't make up your own facts. They were both trashy, ungrateful little girls.

Catherine

WHAT A BITCH!! She has turned into a real C-word. WOW! I hope BK realizes what a whallop this may place on their profits, she appears to be able to eat more than her fair share.

She went from "Oh, I am just so grateful for the opportunities.....blah, blah, blah" to "The damn world and everybody in it OWES me." WOW!!! She should be up for some sort of record in turning from a nobody into the biggest bitch in Hollywood!

bill

STOP HATING ON JENNIFER HUDSON SHE IS BEAUTIFUL. So what if she is not a size 0 she is still beautiful and extreemly talented. I am very happy for her that she got her big break and instead of hating on her people should be proud that she has gottne as far as she has. By the way to everyone who always brings up race you need to stop i'm a white male and im not hating on jennifer hudson not all white people are racist and to the white people who are racist you need to go somewhere with yourselves it is 2006 WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE ALL EQUAL WE ARE ALL PEOPLE. EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT AND IF YOU ARE RACIST YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A WORTHLESS REDNECK PIECE OF SH---T

fdodgerfan

You people are too funny.
She's going to eat whoppers for days, I bet she'll get addicted to BK.
Do you think she mentioned BK so the company would comp her?

Chicago Chick

Well, how do you know that she won't use her free card for salads? They have some really great grilled chicken Caesar salads. I just had one for lunch today!

juls

THAT FAT ASS...DOESN'T NEED MORE BURGERS....LOOK AT HER.....I KNOW I'M ON THE PADDED SIDE...IF I WERE HER, I WOULD JUST REFUSE THE CARD AND GO FOR HEALTHLY EATING, VEGGIES, FRUITS, SALADS.....CAUSE THAT SH*T WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU...A VOICE OF EXPERINCE...

MommaT

To #25 and #32

Kelly did say that she didn't want her songs sung on AI. But, she changed her mind OR it was changed for her.

What happened when her songs were performed??? Ya, they were F'd up beyond words.

Really bit AI on the A**

As for Jennifer and Kelly being "trashy and ungrateful".....uh, no they aren't.

My FREE will to offer MY own opinion

Cherry

Ok J Hud,,, I was a fan when you were on AI and I was happy you did so well with dream girls. But now you are comparring apples to oranges.
Humble up girl or Dream Girls will be youe ONE HIT.

Sunshine all Day Long!

size 12

you think a size 12 is big?
What is this world coming to?

rdc

if it wasn't for AI she be a nobody

kd

I am so sick of Jennifer Hudson. She wouldn't have gotten an audition without the stepping stone of American Idol. And let's not forget Jennifer...you had "FANS" from American Idol- Not anymore...
I would doubt we see much more of her. I think her 10 seconds is up.

Michelle

Jennifer Hudson compares her job at Burger King at age 16 to what happened to her life after "American Idol"??? Idol didn't vote her down---America did. Idol made it happen. Very ungrateful---I hope her career tanks as fast as it rose. Don't eat too many of the free Burger Kinds, Jennifer---you can't afford to.

sherry

What a snotty snotty bitch. I can't stand her.

S.R.

Ya know... it wouldn't have minimized her to thank AI. WHat she is showing now is that she feels she is too big for them. (no puns were intentional!)

Anyway, she is still too much of a rookie to be acting like such a Primadinna/Diva.

Humility, Jennifer. It is so much more becoming... kinda like Melinda.

Wicked1

How about free burgers to the poor and homeless? We give to the rich and ignore the poor! Unreal!!!