No Talent, No Problem for Sanjaya

4/1/2007 4:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sanjaya MalakarJust because "American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar isn't the strongest singer on the show, it doesn't mean he won't have a career ... so says a music insider to TMZ.

Stuart Meyer is an A&R rep for Sub Pop Records -- home to early Nirvana and The Shins, and just happens to be based in Sanjaya's hometown, Seattle. Meyer says that actually being able to sing is just one quality a pop star needs to have. "He has a charm about him that is key to being a pop star," Meyer says. "Some of the biggest pop stars, like Madonna and Britney, aren't exactly the best singers." Word.

Meyer added that he thinks Sanjaya has "a bright future ahead," saying, "I'm sure someone will sign him, he has personality."

No matter what you think of Sanjaya's so-called voice, Meyer says he does have a leg-up on a lot of other pop stars. "You have to give him credit for getting out there and singing live; a lot of the biggest pop stars out there today rarely do that." Um, Ashlee Simpson anyone?

Florence Mitchell

I ment to say been not beeb

theresa

to # 35: LEARN TO SPELL BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY MORE REDICULOUS REMARKS!!! YOU ARE TRULY AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!! OH, SORRY. WERE MY WORDS TOO BIG FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? SANJAYA IS HERE TO STAY!!!

theresa

MEANT MY COMMENTS FOR FLORENCE, NOT THERESA. MY BAD!

MrFishy

Hey Teresa (#38) . . . Don't be RIDICULOUS. There are many crappy spellers out here and guess what? U-R-1-2.

Julie

If you were the joke of the show ,only on becuz your the worst.He has got to know this.I would bow out and leave the show.Who would want to win like that?

MrFishy

I forgot to mention that there's a key on your keyboard, Teresa, where you can use lower case letters intermingled with your CAPITAL letters . . . the latter of which indicate that you're screaming. Don't be such a moop, and Happy April Fools Day, Madam Prezadint.

theresa

#42: I LOVE YOU! oops! i mean, i love you! is that better? by the way, it was a typo! excuse me, mr. perfect!!! still love you though!!!

johnnie

sign him up for what again?

Maddy

TMZ Do you think it's necessary to throw this kid to the wolves every single damn day??

She was no different than any other former stripper still trying to make money off her body at almost 40

Sanjaya Malakar!!!! VOTE FOR HIM EARLY AND OFTEN!!!!

American Idol deserves this!

whocares

HE'LL JOIN ALL THE OTHER CELEBRITIES WITH NO TALENT.

January

Why isn't anyone talking about that its so obvious that he is gay? If he is ever a pop star, he will fade away quickly just like Ricky Martin.

annonymous

Get Sanjaya voted out...

www.voteAGAINSTtheworst.com

dregs

The guy is only getting voted for because America is getting its kicks by voting for the worst. The show delibrately put Sanjaya in the running because they figured he would be an joke to be voted out early. America fights back and votes for the worst. I have 700 minutes on my prepaid cell phone and I am going to use it all on Sanjaya.

Nesie

I think American Idol has become a big " JOKE "!!!!!
Every week when I watch the result show. I take a " GOODIE POWDER " before and after the show. I'm afraid that if they don't get Sanjaya off---He just might drive me to drinking and I don't mean KOOL-AID. Sanjaya is a good looking kid, but he can't sing, he is taking the votes away from the ones who can really sing. America you keep getting this one wrong!!!!