"Project Runway" Hits Turbulence

4/4/2007 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Project RunwayTMZ has learned that L.A. casting for the new season of "Project Runway" was a fashion disaster!

Sources tell TMZ that auditions held this weekend at the downtown Standard Hotel had a record low turnout. We're told that since lines were not very long, production staff members were "scrambling" to contact more up-and-coming designers to show up. In the words of the incomparable Tim Gunn, "Make it work!" Perhaps the fear of being 'auf'ed' by Season 3 winner Jeffrey Sebelia, who was a judge during this weekend's session, kept all the wannabe Donatellas and Gallianos away!

Other "Runway" alumni were spotted at the session, including Season 2's Nick Verreos and "bad boy" Santino Rice. Despite the L.A. faux pas, the new season of the highly addictive reality show is scheduled to premiere this summer.

A rep for "Project Runway" could not be immediately reached.

Margee R

Absolutely enjoy watching creative minds, especially when asked to create a design using unconventional items. That is the best test of all, it not only shows how creative one can get but, what you came up with on a whim. That's so brilliant.

I can't wait for season 4 to begin.

caroline

Jeffrey sucks!!! Michael should have won last season. The only thing J has going for him is his family....oh wait he traded that in for 15 more minutes of fame. PATHETIC

Dottie

Jeffrey kept the people away. That sucks. That proves he's not very likable.
Can't wait for the new season to start.

jack sparrow

Here we go with the hate. Paleezze

Traycee

Hell, if I knew he was going to be there, I wouldn't have showed up either. I STILL can't believe he won last season! He was THE worst!!!

ANNA

AFTER those MORONS made that LOSER jeffrey the WINNER, I will NEVER watch it AGAIN!! I LOVED the show until they pick him as the winner! ULI should of WON!! Jeffrey is SCUM just like his clothes!

kristi

It's amazing to me how someone would be considered expert enough to be a judge when it hasn't even been a year since he won.

Saint Judas

I can't wait for it to start!

boo

Project Runway got too big for its britches - and split a seam!

Hello

I think people believe TIM GUNN would not be in the next season and didn't show up.

GirlGlobal

You would think they'd want a winner who is classy - Jefferey has no class and his style does not appeal to the vast majority .. the show now seems like a joke, good premise but previous posters are right, they value DRAMA more - it's like MTV!

Madeline

I love this show and I can not wait until the next season. It is interesting to watch the creativity of the designers. I loved Laura's clothes last season. The best part of the show is when the designers go to Fashion week and their models wak down the runaway.

Kristen

Boo, your comment is funny!!! I love Project Runway, and I do love the drama but, Jeffrey never should've won.

Mad as H@LL

I loved watching this show, but when it came down to the final 3 and they allowed that LOSER to win it was disgusting! I have not plans to watch this joke of a show again. Jeffrey's attitude SUCKS and his clothes are U-G-L-Y-!!

Kris

absolutely LOVE the show....hated that jeffry won...uli shoulve won....but micheal was by far my favortie.....hopefully this season will be just as good

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments