Stern Will Not Fight for Custody If Birkhead's the Dad

4/9/2007 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Howard K. Stern will not stand in Larry Birkhead's way if the DNA tests show Birkhead is Dannielynn's father, this according to unimpeachable sources.

Howard K. SternThese sources have issued the following statement to TMZ:

"If Larry Birkhead is confirmed to be Dannielynn's biological father, Howard will not challenge custody. His love for her will not change, irrespective of the results. Howard will act in Dannielynn's best interest, because he loves her and would want a smooth transition to protect her, as she is deeply bonded to those who have been with her since birth.

While Howard continues to believe and hope that he is Dannielynn's biological father, he wants to be involved in her life, regardless of paternity. He wants to share the memories of her mother as the person who knew Anna best and all she wanted for Dannielynn.

Howard will do whatever is necessary to assist Larry Birkhead to defeat any effort by Virgie Arthur to obtain custody of Dannielynn.

Howard was not part of the paternity lawsuit filed while Anna Nicole was alive. The first person to challenge Howard on custody was Virgie Arthur -- not Larry Birkhead. Howard is dedicated to Virgie Arthur not having custody of Dannielynn. He is well aware of how Anna Nicole felt about 'Mommy Dearest' and Anna's feelings were clear regarding Virgie Arthur being anywhere near Dannielynn.

Speculation that this is somehow about money for Howard is misguided and wrong. Howard has never made a TV or book deal even though he is the one who knew Anna Nicole best.

Howard wants Anna Nicole to be remembered as an icon like Marilyn Monroe, and he knows a lot of damage has been done to her image in the past two months. This restoration of Anna's image is important for Dannielynn and the views she will have of her mother as she grows up. He also wants to make sure that only Dannielynn profits from Anna Nicole's name, likeness and estate. As TMZ reported earlier, the money from Anna Nicole's funeral went to a trust set up for Dannielynn. Howard set up the trust but he does not, and will not, receive any money from it and is not the trustee."

Anna Nicole SmithTMZ has confirmed that DNA results will be revealed in court on Tuesday in the Bahamas. Stern and Birkhead will both be present. Arthur is also expected to be there.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

BringitOn

I'll believe it when it happens!

Wants to be a part of her life IF Larry is the Father....???

I say, NO WAY! I would ban Howie from any contact with that child!

J

He knows what the test will show and is laying the groundwork for the coming battle over custody.

Anastasia Beaverhausen

"he knows a lot of damage has been done to her image in the past two months. "Damage? What has transpired in the last months has only confirmed and reinforced what either was known or suspected. And to compare Anna to MM is sacriledge!

For Justice and the American Way

You are a total bitch....even when he does the right thing nothing satisfies you.

This only makes me feel that Larry IS NOT the father. I can only hope and pray.

Mar

HMMMMM, now he wants to do the right thing? I will believe it when I see it happen. Why did he wait so long to do the right thing? I am glad if this is true but have to wonder is it because he knows he can't win anymore?

Starr

I'll believe it when I see it, but it's about freakin' time. LMAO....maybe Howie baby is trying to repair his public image.

Sue

If this is true, that he will not challenge Larry, if Larry is the biological father, the baby can only benefit. It is in her best interest to be with her biological father with as little drama as possible surrounding the situation.
I will wait and see, as it is hard to believe, considering Stern has fought and delayed every step of the way, creating so much chaos and cost to all. I hope his brother and in particular his sister remain silent on their feelings as their comments have only inflamed the situation.
I do not see a joint custody agreement between Virgie and Larry as having any benefit for the baby...only confusion and I would hope that Virgie settles for being a grandma and seeing the baby as any grandma would...when it is convenient for all.

BringitOn

No one can stop Virgie from seeing her granddaughter!!!!

Stop saying such crap. Not part of the equation whatsoever.

All grandparents, unless it's PROVEN that they are unfit, are allowed by law visitation rights.

END OF STORY.

Shan

I still pray Howard is the Biological father. I totally respect this statement as confirming again the type of man HOward is. One that loves Dannielynn and loved her mother and her brother. I pray for Howard to be the father. I agree that NO WAY SHOULD Vergie Author be involved in the babies life in any form or fashion. She already raised one daughter that left home at age 15, had such low self respect for herself that she became a stripper and had such a deperate need to be loved (since she obviously recieved none growing up) that she married a 90 year old man. Im proud of you Howard. I wish you the best in all of this. I am praying for the outcome of this test to be in your favor.

adrlau

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, HKS!!!!!! TRYING TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL & KEEP VIRGIE FROM HER GRANDAUGHTER!!!!! TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT ON LIN WOOD

Innocent ByStander

What's the catch?

sonja

if true, this is the first thing howard's done to improve his image! please let's hope larry is indeed the father

BringitOn

JustShutUp, There is a catch, you can count on it.

Howie doesn't do anything UNLESS there's a price.

Maxine

No one can stop Virgie from seeing her grandaughter but they can move far away so she can't see her? I agree with Howard on this one Keep that baby from that Bitch. She has no rights to custody!

When is this going to end??

Is this just like when he said he wasn't going to appeal the DNA test but then did it anyway? Howard has no credibility here. We don't trust anything he says...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments