MSNBC You Later Imus

4/11/2007 7:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ImusMSNBC just announced it will no longer simulcast Don Imus' radio show.

In a statement to TMZ, MSNBC says "Effective immediately, MSNBC will no longer simulcast the "Imus in the Morning" radio program. This decision comes as a result of an ongoing review process, which initially included the announcement of a suspension. It also takes into account many conversations with our own employees. What matters to us most is that the men and women of NBC Universal have confidence in the values we have set for this company. This is the only decision that makes that possible. Once again, we apologize to the women of the Rutgers basketball team and to our viewers. We deeply regret the pain this incident has caused."

An FCC spokesperson has confirmed to TMZ that they have received complaints about Imus' remarks, but downplays media reports that they have launched an investigation.

Previous 15 Comments | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53

lili

advertisers pulled their money...

IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO!!!!!

lise

why don't we fire everyone who makes these kind of remarks... Oh I guess that would put black entertainment out of business..talk about a double standard........

KAY BRIESKE

I REALLY MISS "IMUS IN THE MORNING". PAT BUCHANAN SAID," IMUS MADE A STUPID MISTAKE, ADMITTED IT, ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS, APOLOGIZED OVER AND OVER,AND THEY HUNG HIM! PAT WAS ONE OF IMUS' FRIENDS THAT STOOD BY HIM! I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN RUSSERT, DODD, FORD, AND SOME OF HIS OTHER "SO CALLED FRIENDS", THAT DITCHED HIM! YOU CAN GO ON CREATORS.COM AND READ PAT'S ARTICLE, "THE IMUS LYNCH PARTY". IT'S REALLY GOOD! THINK OF THE POSITIVES IMUS COULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS , IF THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM THE CHANCE!

Sanford Nalman

weigh the good against the bad.. MSNBC&CBS have made a big mistake. The world can live without Imus,but most of us don't want to. I for one will look for other places for AM entertainment.

KELLY HIGGINS

I agree Imus had his moments of losing it, however he would come back and make more sence than anyone on TV. How about all the BS we would learn about the politics of this country,not to mention the great music he would play and I really miss Bernard therefore I no longer watch MS or NBC I hate to say this but we are all getting way to pussified,were have the real men gone? Kelly.

Bill Reagan

I realize Imus is gone..But MSNBC has to replace him with some one better than ths 3rd rate radio jocks their using now..

Gaylen McEachern

All that went on about Imus, PEOPLE remember WE ALL DO IT, but in our own ways.
We all make jokes about other races, some of you would say "no not me", yes, we all do it, weither it be rude joke, or just a simple, no meantful joke. He did nothing that any of us entertainment personallities would do, make some joke, gester, or some small comment, that really didn't mean anything, I have my own opinions about different races, but what is good or bad, is my personal business, some slip, some don't, blacks do it just as much any white person does. So, sharpton and Jackson where in the wrong this time, they are the ones who started this, REV's. (THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE), THINK ABOUT IT, yes we're all sinners, and I believe they should appoligize to him again, and remember revs, FORGIVE AND FORGET, To forgive, "FORGIVE-GIVE HIM HIS SHOW BACK, and FORGET THIS HAPPENED, Let us, the ones who enjoyed his show, have it back, and those who don't want to watch or don't watch, FLIP THE CHANNEL AND GO ON, Keep your feelings to yourself, If a comment is made in the wrong way, TURN THE OTHER CHEEK, and CHANGE THE CHANNEL, and LIKE THE REVS NEEDED TO DO.
"SHUT UP ABOUT IT". GOOD GOING IMUS.......YOU WERE THE BETTER MAN, YOU APPOLGIZED"FROM THE HEART", AND THEY TO ME, IN THEY'RE HEARTS DIDN'T FORGIVE IN THE RIGHT MANNER. (YOU'RE THE MAN)

Previous 15 Comments | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53