MSNBC You Later Imus

4/11/2007 7:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ImusMSNBC just announced it will no longer simulcast Don Imus' radio show.

In a statement to TMZ, MSNBC says "Effective immediately, MSNBC will no longer simulcast the "Imus in the Morning" radio program. This decision comes as a result of an ongoing review process, which initially included the announcement of a suspension. It also takes into account many conversations with our own employees. What matters to us most is that the men and women of NBC Universal have confidence in the values we have set for this company. This is the only decision that makes that possible. Once again, we apologize to the women of the Rutgers basketball team and to our viewers. We deeply regret the pain this incident has caused."

An FCC spokesperson has confirmed to TMZ that they have received complaints about Imus' remarks, but downplays media reports that they have launched an investigation.

Stacy

I think Rev. Sharpton should fall on his knees and ask God to forgive him. Oh wait...I think God said he can only forgive us if we can forgive our enemies. Sorry Sharpton...no hope for you.

floozy

I dont watch or listen to imus. I will now not watch msnbc anymore at all goodbye Scarborrough country i will miss you.

Mitzzzi

Goodbye Imus. Couldn't stand you anyway. And how about that ranch issue - two months its used for tax write off? and you enjoy the other 10 months. Is that right?

Curious to know the real story.

Republitarian

Imagine if there was White Entertainment Television? No, that would be "racist" But BET is ok.

Rich from LA

I wonder if the same leaders in the African American community who are becoming successful in pushing for the firing of Imus, will apologies to the exonerated former Duke lacrosse players they denounced last year? When will these same African American leaders invest the same amount of energy they have in destroying Imus, by going after the equally racially offensive stereotypes, crude, harmful, and degrading lyrics regarding women, rape, cops, and anyone who isn’t black in rap music? NBC-Universal dumps Imus’ show from MSNBC, yet they will continue to release this music on their record labels?

I find it all so hypocritical….and tragic

Lucky

I applaud MSNBC. The CRAP that is in the media is totally out of control and reflecting how we are living and how we are seen as Americans. I am grateful to the NFL for punishing the bad boys, I am grateful to the Attorney General of North Carolina for saying those "boys" were INNOCENT today.....now, if we can just get Rosie off TV........

Republitarian

97- EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison

I personally think that this man should crawl under a rock and
hibernate, FOREVER! This rush of unthoughtful words cannot be erased
with a simple apology. How would he have felt if someone would have
refered to his beloved wife as " A bleached blonde bimbette"? Perhaps
if he were told that he was a cradle snatcher due to the fact that he
is 24 years older than this bleached blonde bimbette, would he feel
the same pain as the parents of the so called "nappy headed ho's"
This man has NO business on television or radio , his words cannot be
removed from the minds of the ladies they were directed towards . IT
IS PERSONS LIKE HIM THAT GIVE THE REST OF US DECENT WHITE PEOPLE WHO
NO LONGER LIVE IN THE "OLD SOUTH" WITH SLAVES, A BAD NAME . THERE ARE
MANY OF US THAT ARE STRIVING TO MAKE ALL PEOPLE EQUAL , NOT BELITTLE
ONE FOR THE TEXTURE OF THEIR HAIR, STEROTYPICAL IDEAS OF LIFESTYLES ,
OR THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN . WE ALL BLEED RED!!!!! Keep him off the air before he really pisses someone off that will not accept an apology.

Just me??

Sprint, Nextel, Proctor and Gambile basically all sponsors pulled out today Staples.......Steve Capus NBC News President...what price do you put on your reputation?????????.....It's all about the money...........all sponsors were pulling out......................................................

dee

I think this is one of the most STUPID things I have ever heard of.
Personally I can't stand Sharpton nor Jackson why do they put such
stock in those two???? They always gotta jump out to get into something
that is ridiculos. Why do the black people want to cause this man to lose his job???
What about Rosie??????????What she said is far worse. I hate her.
YEAH i AM WHITE
But you know what ??????
I can't stand Don Imus either. I just think they should accept his apology.

try2befair

Hey at least Sharpton and Jackson got another Rolex watch and probably so much more money from all this hype! Black people are so gullable, they actually think these two frauds are working for them.

Michelle

It's just confusing why he even said it. It was wrong and hurt a lot of good people. But it's not just racist---it's also incredibly demeaning to all women. He really went for the jugular. I hope the Rutgers women can put this behind them---one person should not be allowed to take away any of their power and diminish their many successes. I do believe Imus should meet with the team, in private, and they can all say what they want to say. But I still do not understand why people have to meet with and apologize to Al Sharpton all the time. Only if they offend him personally. This I will never understand. God Bless you women of Rutgers!

TJ

He was very offensive to all women..there were white women on that basketball team as well. You do not call women whores. These women are highly accomplished, educated and respected. He had no reason to make remarks like that. I wonder how he would feel if people called his wife and daughter whores...I don't think he would be happy with that. He has no business being on the airwaves and insulting people like that. What a jerk!

VanG

I'm not a betting person,but I am sure we will be hearing the rants of Al Sharpton taking credit for Imus being fired. Maybe someone should picket outside of good ol Al's radio station and ask for his firing! He is full of racisim and crap! He has never apoligized for any of his racial spews! I will no longer watch MSNBC !! While I do not agree with what Imus said, he apoligized for it over and over again! How many rappers, stars and comedians have used racial slurs and never apoligized for their remarks. What happened to sticks and stones? Pretty soon they will stop us fro talking altogether, we won't be able to express ourselves unless we put it on a rap song.

Sean Bresnahan

Imus has been getting on my nerves with his tiresome Bush-hate for the longest time. And how ironic it is the leftists who slit his throat! Those PC bores at MSNBC, and the great unwashed, anti-American sect mauled him like he was prey. HA! That's what he deserves!