John O'Hurley

Come On Down?

4/17/2007 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was first to report that George Hamilton was a front-runner to grab Bob Barker's stick mic as the replacement "Price is Right" host ... but now it seems that the perennially tan Hamilton may have been beached.

0417_ex_george_john_fm-1
New sources tell TMZ that John O'Hurley is the leader of the pack, saying, "He auditioned and they loved him!" Reps from CBS declined to comment on either of the candidates. O'Hurley, best known as Mr. Peterman on "Seinfeld," has appeared as host on numerous shows, including Mrs. America, the Emmys and "Family Feud." He also showed that he has all the right moves on the first season of "Dancing with the Stars." Spin that wheel!

Perhaps they should all just play a competition round of Plinko!

UPDATE -- Or maybe not. Sources now tell TMZ that O'Hurley loves doing "Family Feud," "hated" doing "Price is Right," and would only take the gig if producers paid him a ton of money!

Could this all be a ploy to drive down the asking price of the two guys that really, really want the gig (Mark Steines and Todd Newton)?

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Through his rep, John O'Hurley tells TMZ, "I would be honored to be considered to take over for Bob Barker and replace someone that I admire so much." His rep adds that Hurley didn't hate doing "Price is Right" -- in fact, he has never even hosted it!

DaMama

John O'Hurley, come on down!

He is the best one to replace Bob Barker. George Hamilton is too old. O'Hurley is awesome. I think he's the only guy who could even come close to filling Bob Barker's shoes. He has a quick wit, and is also easy on the eyes.

I hope CBS chooses O'Hurley.

Cayenne

I second that motion!

snapcase07

They should either build a robotic version of Barker or cancel the show. It just won't be the same without him...

VJ

While I do think that John O'Hurley isa good replacement, I think the best one would be Christopher Walken. I know this would never happen, but I think his wittiness (just like when he hosts SNL) would make him fantastic & very entertaining.

Simone

John has the youth, stage presence and voice to take over for Bob. I hope he gets the job. Not that I'll wach TPIR, but he's the best choice.

Vjer

John O'hurley Come on over.

Brklynprncss

I don't care who it is as long as it's NOT Rosie O'Donnell. I've been watching TPIR for as long as I've been alive and I will NEVER watch it again if that fat cow hosts it. Go John O'Hurly!!!!

Denise

I disagree and say YUK.....Has anyone seen him host Family Feud, he's horrible. I personally thought Tod Newton would be a good choice, I hope that he is not the chosen one........

dontpanic

i thought the job was going to go to dustin diamond.

nycjenn

My vote is definitely for John and I hope the producers are looking at this! I always thought it would be Tom Bergeron when the time came (this goes back to when he was on Fox After Breakfast), but now he's too busy with Dancing with the Stars! Go, John, Go!

NANA

maybe they decided to let him have it so he wouldn't cry about losing like he did on dancing with the stars!!

John Denver Rules

YES, YES, YES!! I am heartbroken Bob is leaving, but i have even thought to myself before this announcment that John would be good. I think he's quite funny on Family Feud Denise.

Linda

Out of everyone that I have heard of for the job I believe that Mario Lopez is the best candidate. He has the wholehardiness that Bob has put into the show. He is also young enough that he could also have a good run like Bob did. John O'Hurley is a good choice too but I believe Mario would be better. Definitely not Rosie O'Donnell Please!

KristiYaYa

I remember Bob Barker on the old Truth or Consequences! And at that time, Bill Cullen was the host of The Price is Right, which aired once a week in primetime. (By the way Bill Cullen looked a lot like Drew Carey.) Today's candidates don't even compete with one another. George Hamilton is a washed up has been and John O'Hurley is a vibrant happening guy! John, it's all yours! --- stay away from those models, they'll get you in trouble, and want the book rights!

Mikey