John O'Hurley

Come On Down?

4/17/2007 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was first to report that George Hamilton was a front-runner to grab Bob Barker's stick mic as the replacement "Price is Right" host ... but now it seems that the perennially tan Hamilton may have been beached.

0417_ex_george_john_fm-1
New sources tell TMZ that John O'Hurley is the leader of the pack, saying, "He auditioned and they loved him!" Reps from CBS declined to comment on either of the candidates. O'Hurley, best known as Mr. Peterman on "Seinfeld," has appeared as host on numerous shows, including Mrs. America, the Emmys and "Family Feud." He also showed that he has all the right moves on the first season of "Dancing with the Stars." Spin that wheel!

Perhaps they should all just play a competition round of Plinko!

UPDATE -- Or maybe not. Sources now tell TMZ that O'Hurley loves doing "Family Feud," "hated" doing "Price is Right," and would only take the gig if producers paid him a ton of money!

Could this all be a ploy to drive down the asking price of the two guys that really, really want the gig (Mark Steines and Todd Newton)?

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Through his rep, John O'Hurley tells TMZ, "I would be honored to be considered to take over for Bob Barker and replace someone that I admire so much." His rep adds that Hurley didn't hate doing "Price is Right" -- in fact, he has never even hosted it!

gagal

Can someone please tell me who Todd Newton is?

Stickman

He's in a new movie called KNUCKLE SANDWICH...he's hilarious!

Mary T.

Mark Steines...he's so handsome

Debra

I live in a cave in Kentucky and I have always thought that John would take over for Bob Baker. He is funny...and not attractive enough to turn-off the old men who watch the show. Of course women are too weak to stand up and demand a man that looks just as sexy as the women on the show. Typical Women! I only watch movies and TV shows where the men match the women--- in age and looks.

Debra

oops...I mean't Barker above...

KO

I would like to add a name to the mix that might not come up, but what about alan thick? from growing pains he hosted win los or draw in the 80's as well as having the charisma that will reach to and older audience as well as the younger audience

Daddyo

John O'Hurley probably won't be doing "The Price is Right" anytime soon, since he's on contract with the Wynn LV doing "Spamalot." (which is a fantastically funny show, btw)

FB in Arkansas

John O'Hurley will be a super PRICE IS RIGHT host. I hope you will seriously consider him. Just forget about George.

Sam.

“WARNING!”
Just so everyone knows TMZ are pulling down ppls negative blogs about paris Hilton, now I don’t know WTF is going on here weather Hilton has them by the legal balls or they are just pathetic parasite huggers, anyway they have pulled off several of my comments and I’m getting pretty pissed off about it. I noticed that they aren’t doing this for Britney or Lindsay (surprise surprise!) and I call for everyone to post their most horrible hate blogs about parasite that they can muster, TMZ are protecting this worthless bitch and I for one am sick of it. GO GET ‘EM GUYS!

Jeter fan

I heard that Mario Lopez might be in the running. He would be the best choice out of anyone to replace Bob. He is very pleasent, gorgeous, great with people and he would make the show very fun and entertaing to watch. I would Never miss an episode if Mario hosted. When he hosted that daytime show with Danny Bonaduce, I never missed it. They were both great hosts.
Good luck Mario!

L.S

George will be better he's more like barker a womanizing pig...and John is a cry baby

CC

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

JanowhatImean

It appears TMZ is getting bad info... and you need to check out your tips better.... O'Hurley is not in the running at all any longer, nor any of the other gents that auditioned....its between Hamitlon, Netwon and Steines. Hamilton, will be the smoothest transition, his audition was spot on...... he was GREAT!

Andrew

Todd Newton has the most experience with doing 'Price' in Las Vegas. He should replace Barker. I'm rootin' for Newton!

truthseeker

i stopped watching family fued because of john.. think he is to silly... cbs ...no no no .... please not hm... richard karn would be the best possible ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments