Lake in Tub Birth

4/23/2007 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Of all the movies premiering at the Tribeca Film Festival next week, only one features Ricki Lake giving birth in a bathtub. If you're into that kinda thing.

"The Business of Being Born" -- a documentary on which Lake served as executive producer -- explores birthing practices in this country. For her own personal enjoyment, Lake filmed the birth of her second child in 2001, and later decided to include the footage in the film. Now you can enjoy it too.

"I am naked at 195 pounds giving birth in my own bathtub," Lake recently told The Huffington Post. "It can't get any more intimate than that!" And it shouldn't.

em

Gross...she needs to keep it to herself!!!

pookie

And I give a rats ass because.......................

kt

what celebrities do for attention! like they're the only ones that give birth -- why in the world would anyone want to film private, intimate family moments?! dah, could it be for more attention???

disgusted

p

I just threw up all over my desk and now I have to go home.

whatever

LMAO Pete!

Meowch

Well I guess that's one way of reinventing your career.

itsmemom

birth is a beautiful thing it should be celebrated .

can't believe this

THAT'S FREAKING GROSS.....WHAT MAKES HER THIMK WE WANT TO HEAR OR SEE IT.

OINK! OINK! OINK..................

Jen

Yuck!!!

MamaLove

Go Ricki for giving your child a natural gentle entry into the world!!! Shame on you who think it is gross, how do you think YOU got here?

ninjafly7

"that's awesome, good for her. Birth is a celebration, not a medical procedure. Go Ricki!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!"

Yes, BUT its not someting the rest of the world needs to celebrate with her!!
EWWWWWW!!! EWWWWWWW EWWWWWW!!!!!

tba

This is one show I will definitely miss. Who want to see her ? with everything imaginable coming out. Also, please spare me the miracle of birth routine.

boneswife

Birth is a miracle and anyone who has been involved with a birth would know this. All you haters don't knock it until you've experienced it. It is beautiful no matter what.

KarenPS

Unbelievable. What a bunch of uneducated freaks so many of you are. Birth is gross? You were there, trust me. It's part of life. Grow up, move on and don't watch or read if you aren't comfortable with it. But childish, pitiful comments? Rather small minded, no? Birth is a serious rite of passage that more PEOPLE (not just those doing the birthing) need to recognize as an important, non medical event. It deserves respect, it has value. Even those more medical births can be warm and welcoming. The prevailing attitude of most of the folks here is embarrassing and shameful and downright rude. One day, you, or your daughter, or sister or aunt or friend will deliver a baby and it will be so important and so significant. I sure hope that the childishness has passed by that point.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments