"Weak" Virgie Defeated in Court -- Larry Finally Free to Go

4/27/2007 12:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie -- LarryThere is no one else standing in Larry Birkhead's way.

Virgie Arthur's last-ditch appeal to block Dannielynn's biological father from leaving the Bahamas with the infant has just been denied. And to add insult to injury, the judge verbally and financially smacked Arthur, calling the appeal "weak" and ordering her to pay $3,000 in attorney's fees for wasting the court's time.

At one point, the judge reportedly said that he was "perplexed" as to why the case even made it into his courtroom.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

janice

Virgie was right the whole time and I hope the court system sees it now. They have made a big mistake! Poor Dannielynne. She will be raised by druggies,and partiers And sex fiends!! Pimping the baby already!

Annie

^5 to Larry and Congrats to the Proud Papa!!! I was cheering for you from Day 1 !!!!
As for Virgie - you disgust me!! It is very clear that you see that beautiful baby as a dollar sign. Larry is willing to let you be a Grandma, be thankful and move on. Let that baby grow up without DRAMA. I wonder if there wasn't the cloud of a fortune at stake, would Grammy Virgie be this determined? I don't think so!!!

elisabeth houle

I 'm glad miss piggy didn't get her way in the courts and by the way where is mr. big mouth texas man he said miss piggy will get Anna's baby but I'm glad the judge saw thou miss piggy(money hog) didn't care for Anna when she was young what will she do for Danielyn oh i know spend her money. doe's anyone know if she paid all her bill's in the Bahamas?

Siera

This really doesn't make sense, why a Grandmother would be that self obsorb that she would want to be legally intitled to be "next in line" to be the "legal" parent of her grandchild. What makes her believe that she would be the better choice? Curious, if the world did turn screwy, and she did get her way.... would she put a hit on Larry's head, so when he is 'finally' out of the way, she would have the control to practice parenting Anna's child, because she thinks she can do better.... than she did with her own children? Anna was very clear how she felt about her birth mother's parenting techniques. Anna didn't turn out the way she did because she had a loving, caring and secure childhood.
I do believe that Danielyn will be just fine with her father. His family appears to be very loving, caring and supportive. The love in Larry's eyes for his daughter is clear to me, and I hope that Vergie will get the reality check that her role is Grandma- if she hasn't blown that. I hope she steps back and looks at what she is doing. Maybe, if she really does that reality check, she will 'get' what love really is about by observing how love is offered to a grandchild, then she will be able to practice her role as a grandparent who, like millions, are able to do, happily. Just my 2 cents worth-

Anonymous

Larry, I am so happy that the Bahamian courts did the right thing. I hope you and your daughter will have a very happy life together here in the United States. I knew she was yours from the beginning because one of the newscasters on Fox posted your baby picture and Dannielynn's and you could see she looks like you.

I now see why Anna Nicole said what she did about her bitch of a mother. I don't think she should be able to see Dannielynn. All she and O'Quinn were interested in was the money. I had heard on one of the shows on Fox that O'Quinn didn't take any case unless it involved a lot of money and he saw dollar signs in this case.

If she does write a book, I'll bet it doesn't sell. I know I don't want to read it.

Cow

Like the lawyer stated Last night on Greta Larry actually doesn't have to return, I had a child from a similar country I'm American my child's father was born in Germany ( Although he's now American ) We didn't have any problems, at first it appeared we might for similar reasons however after showing proper documentation, USA citizens I found out have various laws which protects their child if they are born outside US, this happens more than you think mainly because US Women and Men in air-forces have dealings with this sorta stuff quite often, but in the end once you set foot in USA your no longer legally bound. Bahamas I'm certain is aware of that, it's just because of the birth certificate that had another mans name on it, but after that the rest is really history. No sanctions can come out of this I'm sure Larrys lawyers know it, first though is he has to get his daughter out of their and I'm sure Virgie knew damn well once Larry hits US soil it's OVER baby..

Sad

Rachel Get Real Stupid,

I have my quotes correct.

Bonnie Stern said that the baby would be taken away from Stern "over my dead body". It had NOTHING to do with Virgie.Better get your "dead body" at the airport in the Bahamas cuz Larry is taking his baby over your dead body you ugly b*tch!!

cari

I had sympathy for Vergie for awhile but she has shown her true colors! How could a grandmother keep fighting this father?? I am glad to hear that this court has done the right thing. Good for you Larry! Now take YOUR child and have your life! Please free yourself from Howard! I am sure that Howard had a DNA test a long time ago and kept lying to everyone when he KNEW he was never the father. Let's see how long Howard continues to live in a property that he has no rights to inhabit! Larry be free of all those who are mutchers! Get yourself into a private life now and stop with the pictures and the publicity. Otherwise you will perpetuate the Anna Nicole curse.....Good luck Larry and Dani!

Drama Continues!

I think it's time you stop bashing Howard & his family. He's only proven to be a gentleman in all this. He had to do what he did as far as the baby was concerned. What if it was proven LB wasn't the father? He was willing to stand in and fight and raise a child that might not have been his. He didn't have to prove anything....Anna put him on the birth certificate as the father? So really what did he do wrong here? There is NO CASE against him in any court of law for the death of Anna or Daniel....and as I see it now...She won't get any help from Larry if it does become an issue later on.
Virgie just cut off her nose to spite her FACE....and she can't save it now. Tee Hee

Kia

>>>Hey Bonnie Stern,

Better get your "dead body" at the airport in the Bahamas cuz Larry is taking his baby over your dead body you ugly b*tch!!>Next time get your quotes accurate; Bonnie Stern was talking about Virgie Arthur and her words came true. She wasn't talking about Larry.

Get real, stupid.

I just want truth

92. did he now...so all the wrongs were before they died at his hand

Posted at 11:58AM on Apr 27th 2007 by justice for daniel and anna

Get with the program! There is NO case of any wrong doing by Howard K. Stern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And there won't be cause he did NOT KILL ANYONE! Notice how nice the media has been to Howard now that his pit bull lawyer took the case? This only means......he has one against Virgie Aruther and her O'Drunk lawyer firm.........TEE HEE
Grow a brain!

Posted at 12:03PM on Apr 27th 2007 by Drama Continues!

oh my God. I guess the inquest isn't even necessary now since TEE HEE was there and knows exactly what happened. Do you really believe you know the whole truth? Rather delusional of you, in my opinion.
The custody hearing has been the focus lately, not the inquest. Rest assured, when the inquest begins you'll be hearing plenty about Howard K. Stern. Or maybe YOU can just trot on down to the Bahamas and tell the jury what really happened.
It's funny that you believe in HKS so much, yet you brought him up in this story, thus putting the attention right back on him (where it should be). You might want to rush to the hospital because you just shot yourself in the foot.

TAKE YOUR GRANDMOTHER WANTS AND SHOVE THEM

vIRGIE: i HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE A MOMENT OF PEACE IN WHAT REMAINS OF YOUR MISERABLE LIFE. I HOPE YOU ARE REMINDED EVERY DAY AND NIGHT JUST HOW MUCH YOUR DAUGHTER HATED YOU. NOW GO HOME AND LEAVE LARRY AND HIS DAUGHTER ALONE. YOU DESERVE NOTHING AND YOU WILL GET NOTHING. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE MOST HATED WOMAN IN AMERICA?

SweetPeach

Congratulations to Larryand Dannielynn!! Thank the Lord that the Bahamian courts could see through Virgie's nonsense.
I do hope that Larry lets Howard see Dannielynn. He has cared for her, even though everyone agrees that it was wrong for him to sign her birth certificate knowing he was not her father. I know we all want to lash out at Howard for the things that he's done, but let's remember that he alone is not to blame, Anna Nicole made these decisions as well. I do think he truly loves Dannielynn.
Larry is doing the right thing by not harboring anger towards anyone, even though if he did nobody would blame him.
The comments from the court read as though they know that their rulings can't hold up in the United States. Larry is a decent man and I am sure that he will return to the Bahamas when they tell him to, however, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he just blew them off and didn't return.
I hope that Larry and Dannielynn have a wonderful life together far away from the prying eyes of the media.

Mary T.

Boycott all Virg Arthur and Family BOOKS........

Alice

3,000 or 30,000 wouldn't matter to me. Couldn't pay either! This can not be good news for Virgie. On top of reported Bahamain lawyer's bills. She must be pooping! I can't see where she could have the money to pay these debts. Even with O'Quinn working pro bono. Bad legal advice is worth NOTHING. Can't believe lawyers continue. Seems obvious she doesn't have a case! Trying emotional blackmail. YOu give me what I want & I'll stop appealing? What the hell is that!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments