Lou Diamond Phillips Appears for Domestic Battery Case

4/30/2007 4:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lou Diamond Phillips showed up at the Los Angeles County Superior Court today, for a hearing about his domestic battery case involving girlfriend Yvonne Boismier.

Sources inside the court tell TMZ that Phillips turned in paperwork on his probation progress. As TMZ previously reported, Phillips was sentenced to 32 months probation, one year of domestic violence counseling, and 200 hours of community service when he pleaded no contest to domestic battery in December of last year. The couple have since reconciled.

The charges stemmed from an August 11 arrest, when Lou and Yvonne, a makeup artist, got physical during a fight that ended when she phoned cops after locking herself in a bathroom.

Lou's due back in court on July 30.

ivy

Doesn't he have a history of abusing the women in his life?

Barbara

JUST LOSE RESPECT FOR THIS A--HOLE

sakura

Loser Diamond Phillips!

Well, this is what happens to has been stars who's careers end up in the toilet. They either die from drugs and/or alcohol, end up in jail, working dead end jobs like some of us common folk or get in domestic disputs with their mates. Sad, sad, sad!

Whatareyoudoing?

So he went La Bamba upside her head?

Star

La balla balla beat beat beat la BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM LaBama!!!!!!!!!!!

He's Boring now

Lou's daddy must have beat his mommy and little Lou grew up thinking that is the way a man handles a woman when she is "out of line"...its a learned behaviour and one I doubt at this stage of life he will ever unlearn. He is a sad little boy who once had the reign of vhs movies available for rent in the early days of rent a movie. Now he is washed up and angry.

He has a pattern of this, thus my concern he is doomed to a lifetime of it.

wendy

He's hot!!!!!!!! I'd still do him ; )

Marshall Jefferson

Lou get it together!

Mrs. Watkins

This story just broke my heart. I am a big fan of Lou. He has always reminded me of a good man I knew and held a special place in my heart for...

I hope like 'ell that Lou learns something from the domestic violence classes and gets some good counseling. Using your hands to hurt someone you love is always wrong.

Good Luck Lou...

iluvhim

hes hott who cares

mitsicanuk

I always loved Lou Diamond. So sorry to hear this. I do hope he gets the help he needs. Good luck Lou.

Ilena

I dated him for 6 or so months in the early 90's. He is a very kind, gentle and loving man who must have been horribly provoked and abused by his girlfriend. I cannot even imagine him raising his hand to a woman, ever!

Rinty

I agree with post #11 -
I worked with Lou on a movie called 'Boulevard' ... he is an extremely kind and caring individual ,and completely professional as an actor.
We all go through some bad times once in a while. Nothing but good thoughts for Lou.

joe

you guys a bunch of judgemental assholes. The crap you say is mean spirited and uninformed. Look at yourselves and concentrate on ur own faults. Lou's a good guy and the real shame is that you will never know!

Bambi

I've only recently become aware of Lou's current problems when I googled his name a couple weeks ago and read a few articles regarding his arrest. I was both surprised and saddened this happened but have a hard time believing that he hit her which seems to be the assumption from most of the comments I've read. The articles state that they got physical during a fight. What exactly does that mean...that maybe he grabbed her arms or perhaps shook her or was just a little to forceful? It sounds like he definitely scared her but it doesn't say that he beat her or hit her or that she had any bruises, etc. The article states that he pled no contest to the charges, not that he pled guilty. I have to agree with Ilena's comment in that he must've been really provoked for their argument to go so far as to calling the police. Not that it's and excuse but I believe there's more to the story than what has been reported in the media and that Lou is a victim in this too. I'm surprised at alI the negative comments I've seen and how readily everyone is to think the worst of him without knowing what really happened and which we never will know. Personally, I don't understand why he reconciled with her.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments