Paris

Ordered to Serve

45 Days in Jail

5/4/2007 8:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0503_paris_fm_ex-1A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in L.A. County jail for violating her probation in a reckless driving case. Judge Michael T. Sauer handed down the harsh sentence, telling Paris she will not be allowed work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail. She must do the time!

An emotional Paris, with tears welling up in her eyes, told the judge moments before the decision "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Witnesses inside the courtroom say that Paris' parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, were both visibly upset as the sentence was handed down. Kathy, we're told, was especially distraught.

The judge called out her rep Elliot Mintz in court, describing his testimony as "completely worthless." He also told Paris that he did not believe that she was unaware of her license suspension, adding that she had paperwork in her car stating that her license was suspended.

Shortly after the punishment was handed out, defense attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal. "I'm shocked, I'm surprised and really disheartened in the system that I've worked in for close to 40 years," Weitzman said, adding that the sentence was "uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she's singled out because of who she is."

Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5. If Hilton fails to report on the scheduled date, her sentence will be doubled.

Macaria

The blondie had this coming around the corner maybe she'll finally learn her lesson. it would be better if it was 2 months instead of 45 days. GO THE JUDGE! U ROCK!

Chris

I have a theory that she won't go to jail, because she's rich, a heiress, a Hilton. In other words, if she was poor, black, latina or just a regular person, she would already be head first inside her cell. HOWEVER, if Paris does end up in jail, it will be for only a week, and the cell will look like a mini version of a Hilton Hotel Presidential suite with all amenities including mini-bar & cameras (to make it into another ridiculous reality show later). She is an irresponsible spoiled brat with no concerns for others but her idiotic self, she should be shown no mercy in jail. Let her pay just like any common criminal would. Paris rot in jail!

Suzanne

I have nothing against Paris Hilton, but don't have a lot of
respect for her. What troubles me the most is that she
disregards the law, she believes she is above the law,
and most of all she drives while under the influence of
either alcohol or drugs.

It is a MIRACLE that someone wasn't killed when Paris was
speeding without her headlights on!! That is
utterly shocking to me, and she could have had a head-on
collision with a car filled with children! Just because this
did not happen doesn't mean it couldn't have happened, or
that it wouldn't happen next time.

Citizens of this country are tired of seeing celebrities go
unpunished when they break the law. It put a blight on this
country when people like OJ, Michael Jackson and others
made a mockery of justice.

Paris Hilton ignored warnings, pitched traffic tickets, and
thought she was beyond being sentenced.

Of those who have much, much is expected. Paris should serve
her time, as little as it is, and she should exhibit at least a small
iota of the dignity and grace demonstrated by Martha Stewart,
who in my view was innocent.

Paris Hilton is very guilty. She could have been guilty of much more
had she had a collision with another car. Money does not absolve
her from being guilty, and she is subject to the same rules as others.

kentucker4

I don't even like Paris Hilton, as I think she's too much of an elitist, but from reading these comments, you people are disgusting and full of hate and envy. Forty-five days in jail should only be handed out for REAL crimes IMO. Tell me this....how can OJ murder two people and get off scott free and little Paris Hilton gets 45 days in a real jail for petty alcohol related and probation violation charges? Our justice system sucks. This borderlines on the petty. Say what you want about Hilton, but she is a person just like the rest of us and hasn't done anything intentionally harmful to anyone. Her racist remarks???? big freaking deal, everyone has made them at least one point in their life. There is no reason to hate this person. Grow up and stop acting like middle schoolers. She is rich and famous and none of you can stand it. No reason to hate.

RBG/WOMAN

Its about tyme she learns...............................HILTON IS NOT A TRANSLATION FOR ABOVE THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie

Oh, poor, poor pitty patty Paris! I just feel so much sympathy for her rich ass. NOT!!! Every time you see the tramp on TV she is getting into the driver seat of her cars. The thing I dont understand is how her license got reinstated in March! She probably made a sex tape with someone at the Department of Revenue in California. The thing about it is they will probably not put her in the general population and she will be isolated which can be worse spending 45 days in jail alone 24/7 and she will get special treatment.

MAMA #1

PARIS STOP YOUR WHINING. OWN UP TO THE FACT YOU BROKE THE LAW, NOW MUST PAY THE PRICE. DADDY SHOULD STOP CODDLING YOU AND LET YOU STAND ON YOUR FEET FOR A CHANGE. HIS MONEY SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON YOUR PUNISHMENT. 'IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME, DON'T DO THE CRIME'.

Satish Bhardwaj

Governator has said publicily that he will consider her petition to pardon her when the petition reaches his desk. I've initiated the petition to governor not to free Paris Hilton. The Story is located at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keepparishiltoninjail

Please sign the petion with your comments

Mae W.

I'm glad the judge gave rich bitch Paris jail time. He should of gave her more time tho and she should be placed in the regular population with the other criminals. She will fail again and get drunk. She is a looser!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't feel sorry for her.

Cindy from Alabama

I think the Judge is going way to far out of line with her ,because of simply who she is.That sucks.If he wants to become famous, then do it another way.You SUCK Judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not a fan

I read somewhere that she is getting self defense lessons to protect herself in jail. LOL! That's funny. Paris will be like a chicken in a cage.. being rich doesn't mean she should get away with breaking the law. let this be a lesson learned.

Chris

PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD! ON JUNE 5TH 2007, GET OUT THE FIREWORKS! LETS CELEBRATE THIS GRAND OCCASSION. LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT WE THE REGULAR HARD WORKING PEOPLE ARE GLAD MISS HILTON AND HER FAMILY ARE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY WITH IT. REGULAR PEOPLE OF THE WORLD UNITE! FIREWORKS! CONFETTI!

whiterae

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO JUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily

I think it is the right punishment and I hope the judge do not change his mind. If he does the whole System in California would be a joke and will become like any other corrupted third world country. I like Paris but she could have been killed in a car crash or she could have killed innocent poeple so honey sorry but jail is better than being point out as an alcoholic killer and jail time would be good to learn your lesson!!!! yeah!!!!!!!

Clare

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! I am soooooooo happy!

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments