Akon Apologizes -- I Didn't Know She Was Underage

5/9/2007 5:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

AkonTMZ has just received a statement from R&B singer Akon in response to the media firestorm over his onstage simulated sex romp with a 15-year-old during a concert in Trinidad a few weeks ago:

"First, and most important to me, I want to sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me on-stage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert in Port of Spain on April 12th.

It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18. That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience. Somehow, that standard was not met.

Again, I apologize to those concerned and to all my fans and I pledge to all that we will strive to make sure this type of incident does not happen again."

Ms. Justice

First thing I would like to know is what the hell a 14 year old girl or any other persons under the age of eighteen was doing in a night club, certainly I don’t believe that little Deena Alleyne is innocent at all. I certainly believe that if she was so good at making up lies to cover her real agenda then she is worthy of taking responsibility for the blame that is posted on Akon. The way I see it; is that Akon probably was thinking that he was dancing (as he calls it) with a twenty one year old, because, hell Ms. Alleyne don’t look at all like a fourteen year old.

Ms. Alleyne knew exactly what she was doing and her parents together with their supporters should stop pointing fingers at Akon and take full responsibility for their full grown adolescent. I mean, we all make mistakes especially when in our adolescence stage, so I believe that little Ms. Alleyne and her family/supporters should just admit that she (Deena Alleyne) and Club Zen should be the ones to blame and simply move on because you have learnt from it, but when her parents/supporters blame other people, she (Deena Alleyne) would certainly believe that she could do anything and get away with it because she knows that they will always blame someone else.

I know what I’m saying, I’m eighteen years old and I live right here in Trinidad, so I basically see what they are seeing, I’m not the type to go around pointing fingers but I strongly believe we must not hide the fault of our loved ones. As a child I always used to remember my mother saying things that I thought was embarrassing me, but she was only speaking the truth, I recalled always hearing her say “I’m not going to hide any my children’s fault,” and that is just what she was doing and I am thankful that she grew me up this way because it is very mature when a young person makes a mistake and takes full responsibility of what he/she has done it makes them learn from it a lot faster.

So to the family/supporters of Deena Alleyne; wake up and realize that she is human just like any of us and that we all make mistakes; that she is an adolescent just like myself and we always believe that whatever we say or do is the right thing and that everyone else is wrong until it is too late.

To Club Zen; you need tighter security and i hope they don't shut you down.

daytonaruth

CORRECTION ON THE SPONSOR...ITS NOT SPRINT...ITS VERIZON!!!!.....OOOOPS....

Morteus

What do you expect from a guy named A Con?!?

Won't be long until he is at home in a jail cell.

geohagan

i have two daughters and i would not let them go to adult show im not saying what akiion did is right pastor daughter should be superise at all times if he was jamaica dance hall it would be around the world and promoters is to be blame, when you go to a party you go for the exciment

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

Where were his people-laywers, managers, etc. Did theynotlearn anythingfrom RKelly/

Gwen Stefani should have intheir concert , him being HER opening act,that she can drop him. It is bad pr for HER tour. Sponsors have dropped HER tour.

Christi

Seems to me that AGE wasn't so much the problem as the FAKE GANG RAPE was. And I don't care if the little girl was into it-- she's probably just as messed up as he is in the head for thinking it's "fun"- who knows what could have happened in her past that made her think so little of herself. The point was, it was plain wrong and for him to "apologize" because of her age, not what he did, was rather pointless-- and you can tell he missed the issue entirely. I can only hope he fades back into oblivion as I was happier not knowing who he was at all.

Tazzygirl6

When this video first aired on you tube there was no caption underneath saying how old this girl was. It had to be her parents who wanted the media to know. 15 huh, she should not have been admitted in the club. So the club is partially respnsible as well. From what I saw she was giving it up as good as she was getting it. Indecent yes it was but do not put the total blame on Akon! Start your way from the top and work your way down.

_aLL3y3zPonM3_

FIRST OFF, THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE COMMENTING & SAYING THAT IT WAS AKON'S FAULT..YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY..FIRST OFF,NONE OF YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CUSTOMS FROM THE CARIBBEAN..SO LET ME TELL YOU...IN PLACES LIKE TRINIDAD & GUYANA WHAT HE WAS DOING IS CALLED WINING...AS IN DANCING..IT'S FROM A FORM OF MUSIC CALLED SOCA..2ND OFF, IT'S NOT AKON'S FAULT THAT THIS GIRL WAS LET INTO THE CLUB BECAUSE IT WAS AN OVER THE 18 EVENT..TO YOU, IT MIGHT LOOK AS IF HE'S VIOLATING THE GIRL OR WHATEVER BUT THAT'S DANCING IN OUR CULTURE..SO GET IT STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T KNOW..NOT ONLY THAT..THE GIRL'S FATHER SAID THAT SHE LIED ABOUT WHERE SHE WAS GOING, SHE SAID SHE WAS GOING TO THE STORE TO BUY BREAD BUT INSTEAD SHE GOT AWAY & WENT TO THE CLUB..IT'S UNFORTUNATE THAT AKON IS BEING ACCUSED OF WRONG DOING BECAUSE HE DID NOT KNOW HOW OLD THE GIRL WAS..PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER, EVERY COUNTRY HAS DIFFERENT CUSTOMS...IT MIGHT SEEM WEIRD TO OTHER PEOPLE, BUT IT'S NOT CONSIDERED THAT WAY IN TRINIDAD..

Birdgirl

So .. posting #78 .... what you're saying is that this is a "cultural" diversity issue. Dry humping girls on stage is a Trinidadian tradition. Now I get it. That changes everything. What a proud culture and what a proud people. You all are so COOL in Trinidad. And if it's not a problem in your wonderful country, why is there an "investigation" .. is it because we prudish Americans are mortified and it may hurt tourism? And .. I supposed if the girl lied to get into the club and she was somehow murdered there, it would have been her fault and the club's as well? That's right, blame the victim. I booking my next vacation to Trinidad today!

Brenda

Ok, so Akon is your everyday, typical, male sex-driven maniac. Welcome to the human population!

As for the club, YES it was their responsibility to ask for ID from everyone. The girl is nothing more than a little whore in the making.

Question...did the parents know she was going to an over 18 club? Bet not! I know where my kids are at all times, and if one were at such a club underage...I'd do what my father did to me at 15 yrs old. GO THERE MYSELF AND DRAG MY KID OUT!!! THAT is what my dad did when he suspected I was doing that. Followed me, waited about 20 minutes, informed the men at the front he was going in to get his underage daughter and PLEASE call the police if you have a problem with it (they didn't stop him).

I was embarrassed and lost car privilages until I could buy my own car!!! Yup, never did that again. Really.

This is nothing more than poor raising from both Akon and the girl's parents. It's a fact that that is that.

Sevin

Birdgirl

He totally misses the point, as apparently, do some of his fans .The girl's age is only PART of the problem. The other part is thathe's a disgusting, misogynistic (look it up) pig. His f'd up displayon stage was wrong on so many levels. He's a dumb animal, and beingrich and selling his "crap rap" to losers doesn't make him cool orright.

RajSukulRulez

I Think it Is The Clubs Fault Not Akons
AKON SAID NO UNDER 18 PEOPLE
SO THE CLUB SHOULD BE PUNISHED

Amazing

I know a lot of Trinidadians. Yes, their dances are sexual and look like "dirty dancing" to Americans. No, their dances are NOT violent like Akon's. They are just having fun and not trying to hurt anybody. They are very nice people.

Why do Americans call for parents all the time? Haven't you got your country set up so that nobody can discipline the kids? Not parents, principals, teachers, not even policemen can say a darn thing to them without some lawsuit. You have made your bed, now sleep in it.

_aLL3y3zPonM3_

TO #80..I BELIEVE YOU WERE DIRECTING YOUR COMMENT TO ME & NOT POSTING #78..NEWAYS,GET IT STRAIGHT,I'M NOT FROM TRINIDAD, MY PARENTS ARE FROM GUYANA ACTUALLY..2ND OFF, THE ONLY REASON WHY THEY ARE INVESTIGATING THE ISSUE IS BECAUSE OF HER PARENTS MAKING A BIG STINK OUT OF IT & BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE MAKING A BIG STINK ABOUT IT..AGAIN, YOU DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY SO I SUGGEST YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH..FURTHERMORE, HOW DOES MURDER COME INTO THIS?YOU REALLY ARE AN IDIOT...BUT IF THERE WAS A MURDER, THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT..NOT ONLY THAT LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, PEOPLE WILL GO TO TRINIDAD REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE SAYS...EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HAPPENED..AKON, APOLOGIZED & THAT SHOULD BE IT..IF THE CLUB DID NOT LET HER IN, THEN THAT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE..AND AGAIN, THAT IS THEIR CULTURE SO GET YOUR DAMN FACTS STRAIGHT..WHINING IS DANCING..DON'T BE MAD BECAUSE YOUR ASS CAN'T DANCE..

Faithful

AKON NEEDS TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST THE CLUB. I AM A TRINIDADIAN AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS NOT THE FIRST AND DEFINITELY WOULD NOT BE THE LAST TIME A MINOR ENTERS THAT CLUB. SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE...........................