Paris Drops Appeal

5/17/2007 3:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris HiltonUPDATE: Paris' lawyer has now officially filed a document with the court, abandoning her appeal of the sentence. Documents to follow shortly.

Courthouse sources tell TMZ that Paris Hilton has officially decided to drop her probation violation appeal.

We're told Hilton's lawyer had planned to file an appeal at 1:30 PM today in Judge Michael Sauer's courtroom. Sauer is the one who sentenced Hilton to 45 days in jail.

But we're told this morning, celeb attorney Richard Hutton had one of his peeps phone the court and say nevermind.

What's behind all this? Yesterday, Hutton met with Paris and informed her that the Sheriff has agreed to reduce the amount of time she'll have to serve to 23 days. The Sheriff has also agreed to put her in a celebrity cell, away from the general population.

Apparently, Paris feels her lawyer has gotten her the best break she can possibly get. So the intended appeal will not materialize and Paris will do the time.

mvdd

Nice! I'm glad Paris is finally putting down the gloves and accepting her punishment. I think by listening to her attorneys shows incredible growth on Paris' part. Good for her.

Good Luck Paris

mvdd

ugggghhhh

Done with anything that has the Hilton logo or anything they might make more money on. I will research everything I buy and or stay to make sure not another penny of mine goes into their low life, skanky ass pockets again. I'd rather stay at a Motel6 before every walking into a Hotel with the Hilton name!

deb

That sucks. I wouldnt even mind the 23 days if they were going to put her skanky scrawny ass in with everyone else. More special treatment.

Mrs. Watkins

Paris needs to put the big girl pants on and face the fact she messed up. All this fuss over a month and two weeks in jail because she broke the law.
It is hard to find any respect for a woman who blames others for her mistakes and will not take responsibility for their own actions.

TMZ_User

Paris is going to a special needs unit well is she a special needs case she is a super bitch.

MISS SWEET D

LIKE WE DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING, TOMORROW IT WILL KNOCKED DOWNED BY 10 OR MORE DAYS. THIS SLUTTY BITCH NEEDS TO BE WITH THE GENERAL POPULATION. AND WHAT THE HELL IS A CELEBRITY CELL???. I AM SURPRISE THAT DONALD TRUMP HASN'T ASK FOR PARDON FOR HER, SINCE HE ALWAYS WANTS TO BE IN THE THICK OF CONTROVERSY ANYWAY.

Thomas Bellas

Who, in the name of Justice gave the Sheriff the ability to change, reduce, add, subtract or anything to the sentance of the Court...? The Judge said 45 days !!! Ummmm ?

just asking

This is a current civics lesson for those of us with no money. It sad that court system backed down on this. This is a terrible lesson for us not Paris. Shame on California

LucieLee

She should have gotten the "time" everyone else gets~~~~~What kind of message does this send~~~wealthy people should be treated special~~~~~I wouldn't even refer to Paris Hilton as a celebrity~~~~for what~~~~she has no talent! all she has is a "name" and that is not one I would be bantering around with her family's bad reputation~~~~~

Deanna

I'm sure Paris feels that she should be seperated from the rest of the general population because she's above them all and better. Well here's a newsflash Paris: you are NOT above them all. You are JUST LIKE them. They all broke the law and are serving their time just like you. Just because you happen to have money, does not mean you can't be a lowlife and you are a lowlife. You have people kissing your ass and telling your s**t doesn't stink. You have become delusional to what you are: A LOWLIFE!. You are going to jail for a reason. Even though it is total crap that you don't have to serve your full sentence or be with the rest of the general populatioin, I hope the time you do spend in there makes you a little more humble and makes you think about your crimes. You could have killed someone. Shame on you. Please learn and take responsibility for your actions.

sk8rgurl

Dylan said it best..."Money doesn't talk...it swears"...
She is living proof.

Paris Hilton is an idiot

She is like a spoiled brat - I am sick of her, sick of her mother, and sick of all the stupid antics she lives for. Try growing up Paris! You play - you pay. She should be behind bars for a year as far as I am concerned. I see nothing redeeming about her character, her lack of ethics and her life. She is a waste as a human being. She shouldn't get any preferential treatment. As one poster said above, next time she will like drive drunk and injure or kill someone. She'll probably get 90 days for that, though. As they say, money talks, and you-know-what walks.

This California legal system stinks and she is an idiot.

alan bower

You call that doing time, sounds like club med. Wish I was treated that well when the same thing happened to me in Dec 2005 and they threw my ass in jail for 30 days with real criminals. Nobody cared about my well being.

I'm glad our justice system is working properly. Just remember we are all equal in the eyes of the law and Justice is blind.

God Bless America

Malik Watson

Stick her skinny rich ass in the general population.
Being rich doesn't mean your above the law.
Next time she commits a crime, she better not get any slack or
someone will have to make a citizen's arrest.

Barb

The Bottom Line:
Paris is a high school drop out? That explains a lot.
And her parents signed allowing her to do it? Now THAT explains everything.
Paris unfortunately, is a product of her parents lack of parental guidance and has ended up a product of them.
But being friends with Fay Reznick? No wonder she's the way she is, bottom-feeding friends.