Joe Francis to Candy: Back Off!!!

5/19/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis has fired back at Candy Spelling for the open letter posted this morning on TMZ. Francis is currently in Federal custody. Spelling's letter was read to Francis this morning by phone. Francis tells TMZ he wrote the response himself.

Dear Candy:

I don't know you, I have never met you and I don't know anything about you. After reading your letter posted on the internet, my mental picture of you is of a lonely old woman living in a mansion in Holmby Hills with let's say 300 cats jumping around, some in their own feces.

I have tried to think to myself what would compel a woman such as yourself to write a letter to someone they have never met? Even worse, you are making up your mind based on headlines. I can understand you writing Paris Hilton a letter out of care because as you said in your letter, you have known her most of her life. Then again, it's sad and pathetic you had the audacity to post that letter on the internet instead of just sending it to Paris personally.

Candy, you don't know any of the facts concerning my situation. I am a hardworking, compassionate and honest person. I will prevail just as I have in the past because overcoming adversity is not only a part of the entrepreneurial experience but a part of life. You should appreciate this and know this more than anyone and I am ashamed of you for forgetting how hard it is to make it in this world and the people who would love to tear you down because you have. Sadly, it appears you have become one of those people.

Contrary to what you have said in your letter, my world has not changed. My business Girls Gone Wild is thriving and posted record sales last month. Most important, my friends and my family (I love you guys....) have stood by me. This whole situation will be over soon and I will be standing strong.

I have never played a victim but I have always been a fighter. I will ultimately prevail in the matters at hand but I am concerned that you will die a lonely and unfulfilled person playing with those cats and posting open letters to people you have never met on the internet.

Sincerely,

Joe Francis

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KRISTI THE LAWYER

GO TO SPRING BREAK AND CLUBS AND YOU WILL SEE
WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT CONCERNING THE IDIOTS.

not amused

maybe candy will write a letter to pres bush about important things like bringing my neighbors, friends, brothers and sisters home soon hey i know maybe d#@k head joe can fund the war with his back taxes

hora

while i have never watched more than the commercials for girls gone wild, i don't judge him wrongly based on it. candy spelling is an old bitter hag who out of spite would deny her own daughter money that her father wanted her to have. wtf is that. i doubt very much that this woman has had ONE day of work in her life. i don't know what was going through her mind by posting a random letter like that and i'm glad he replied in a polite and mature manner; he has a right to defend himself.

Bababooey

Joes Francis is a piece of garbage just like Paris Hilton. I hope they share an electric chair together.

Cindy

To Joe Francis,

I, fortunately, am the mother of two young men who would never degrade a woman, much less patronize your so-called art. I do however, feel very sorry for the millions of young women who are so desperate for attention that they would not only take their clothes off for a predator like you, but would feel "special" for being exploited in your videos. The youth of America is in a very sad state that they idolize an idiot like you. I will pray for you and hope that God is as benevolent and forgiving as I have always been told. You will need all the help you can get, brother.

KRISTI THE LAWYER

EVERYBODY IS DAYING HOW JOE FRANCIS EXPLOITED WOMEN. FOR ONE THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE. ANYONE THAT IS STUPID ENOUGH TO FLASH A CAMERA DRUNK OR NOT IS AN IDIOT IN MY OPINION. LIKE LEELEE SAID STUPID AND DUMB WOMEN HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR AGES. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW WHY IS ANY ONE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT GUYS GONE WILD. I HAVE BEEN TO SPRING BREAK A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND LET ME TELL YOU PEOPLE THERE WAS DOING SOME PRETTY STUPID STUFF AND HALF OF THESE IDIOTS WAS NOT DRUNK.

Karina Dickens

Candy really needs to find something else to do. like worry about her own daughter and her grandson. where in the hell does she get off putting her nose in other people's business! god get a freakin life already. like she's all that anyway. LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE CANDY! STUPID HOE

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable

Francis ,

you stated that you were concerned that, " Candy would die a lonely, unfulfilled woman

playing with those cats, writing open letters to people you have never met on the internet",

may I, now suggest ,that it will be you, Francis , who will die a lonely, unfulfilling inmate,

playing with those naughty prisoners, (instead of the cats you detest), rebutting open letters

on the internet that speak the truth.

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable

Medication works wonders, pretty soon you will no longer see 300 cats jumping around, it will be cut down to 50.

johntyblack

Keep ya head up Joe!.....Life is like a roller coaster ....ya got ya ups and ya downs!

Tangie

Wow, when did they get computers in jail cells? That's so friggin cool. Jail is fun.

Ellen

GET REAL!!! Joe does NOT have access to the internet in Jail. Slow day TMZ? Candy's story could have been provided to him by a family member or possibly his attorney, but highly doubtful since Candy's message just posted not long ago and the fact that it is the weekend. Don't fall for it people!

Lori

I think this is all so phony!!! It has to be but if it is NOT it is way cool!!!! I think Joe might be onto something there. She is a lonely old woman, Tori help your Mother. She has way to much time on her hands!!!

thecanary

My thoughts exactly! While I don't know enough about any of Joe's alleged activities, who is she to be giving advice? Last I heard, she had her own family drama that she didn't handle very well. Mind your own business Candy....just like with Paris, if you had really come forward out of compassion, you wouldn't be posting these things on TMZ. You obviously are struggling with your own issues of having no meaning or purpose...try Habitat or some other worthwhile charity.

princess

Wow Nicely done and too the point. He is right when does this women have the time, and maybe just maybe she should listen and take his advise. Candy why don't you just take care of your own family , and help out your own daugher instead of trying to play Dear Abby with other people.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments