Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

catheadmoon

who let the dawgs out, who, who...who let the dawgs out, who, who...

just asking

jiggy gato...
what if while drunk she would have killed your family memeber? give me a break get some values

jeepgirl

Why didn't they make her take out her colored contacts and hair weave? They said she has green eyes on her rap sheet..but her eyes are dark brown. Her hair is naturally very dark brown too. You can find pics of her without the contacts and with her brown hair all over the net. I didn't know they allowed people to lie about their info.

Jailbait

Hey Sexy bitches! This is a MUST SEE! PARIS HILTON IN JAIL: Exclusive Leaked Footage-Body Cavity Search Vid:

Enjoy it ;o)

BumbleB12

I think this could be a turning point in her life and i hope she comes out of that jail cell a changed person, it's a slim chance but for her sake i hope it happens.

Iris

Shes scared she has no idea! She should have to stay in a tank with all the other woman and have to learn to pluck her eyebrows with a peace of string she gets off her underwhere like every other person in that place.

I TOLD YOU HOWARD IS THE ONLY ONE ACTING WITH DIGNITY IN THIS MESS

Paris pay the price for being so nasty and low class with Lindsay Lohan. Well done . GOD BLESSES THIS JUDGE, HE IS A REAL MAN.

aussiejason

I do think that she should be punnished for her breaking of the law, but i do agree that they should look after her as she is famous after all and she has do some well being to the world. Goodluck paris hope everything is okay. I do agree that she is scared i mean after all wouldnt you? She and us are just human after all

bouncyhappy

I agree with the "Paris haters" - you guys are just insecure, jealous, and probably have no life of your own. Clearly you derive happiness through other people's downfall - people you don't even personally know.

Paris is no different than many people I've seen in LA in terms of sleeping around, having fun, doing drugs and partying. And, she is certainly no different than many young celebrities with $ at a young age. Although I'm not saying she doesn't deserve the jail time, I do think she is being made an example, and I feel bad for her receiving so much public ridicule and I think she is handling it rather maturely - and hopefully, will grow from this experience.

As for poster #64, I think it is shallow and immature of you to assume all "Paris supporters" are dumb. Perhaps we are just more realistic about life in LA? Do you even live in LA? And, for the record, I consider myself to be pretty smart...

justine!!!

paris got what she deserved-- she cant go around throwing her fame and money around and expect to get treated any differently than anyone else. she's a spoiled little rich bitch and hopefully some girl in prison will show paris what happens to little girls who think they're better than everyone else!

Alibaba

Interesting that the back windows were down so the cameras could take the videos they needed!

Paris is milking this for what its worth!!!

you go girl

Silverman rules. She put that fool in her place. read a book paris. it's not just a prop

married with children

Sarah rules, that is funny! All she does is talk trash. She makes a living just showing offher potty mouth.

Pam

She deserves worse! Just because she's rich, she gets away with everything. She is the BIGGEST LOSER ever!

Furious Spider

Hope she experiences reality and stop being such a spoiled brat.

Previous 15 Comments | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments