Hilton in Custody

and Doing Time

6/4/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ was there when Paris Hilton turned herself in to Sheriff's authorities Sunday night.

0603_hiltonsurrender_tmz_48-1
It didn't go down at the jail. Paris' mega-lawyer, Richard Hutton, picked her up at her parents' house at 10:30 PM. Hilton, Hutton, mom Kathy and sister Nicky then drove to the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles -- commonly referred to as the Twin Towers -- where Paris officially surrendered to the L.A. County Sheriff to begin her 23-day sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watch
The Sheriff devised the plan of surrendering miles away from the actual site where Paris will be doing time, because the crush of paparazzi at the jail created a potential safety hazard.

Paris was then driven to the jail in Lynwood, where she is now serving her sentence.

Paris Hilton: Click to watchEarlier in the evening, Hilton left her house for the MTV Movie Awards. After appearing on the red carpet, Hilton went to her parents' house for a brief time, then left with her lawyer to face the music.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ the plans for Paris have changed. Although they had pre-screened a woman who was designated her cell mate, for the time being, Hilton will be in solitary 23 out of 24 hours every day. The one hour that she's out, she's not really out. Hilton will be allowed to shower, use a phone and watch TV in a small pod adjacent to her cell.

Paris' lawyer just released a statement to TMZ from Hilton: "I am ready to face the consequences of violating probation. During the past few weeks, I have had a lot of time to think and have come to realize I made some mistakes."

Hilton added, "This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions.
In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make. I want to thank my family, friends and fans for their continued support. Although I am scared, I am ready to begin my jail sentence."

KA

My dogs name is Paris,I named her well before I even heard of Paris Hilton.Seems fitting though.

LAME

wasn't she diagnosed with wonk-eye?

I'm not sure how you catch it, one can only imagine!

londonrules

stupid bitch!why leave the window open if she didn't want the attention, paris loves drama, she will not learn a thing in there, she'll be out andf partying again soon.

married with children

So say you. Who r u? Made my point?

Connie

I wish Sarah Silverman would be joining her, I can't stand either one of them. Sarah is just as nasty, actually worse.

married with children

You'd like to, but she is way too good for the likes of you!

AFTERTHEFACT

This should be Paris's reality show... not that Simple Life bull thats no reality.

I think it would be a lot more interesting to.

Clinton

I'm not sure who repulses me the most, Paris or her "fans". From the lack of intelligence exhibited in the postings from the pro-Paris crowd, I'd say the average IQ isn't close to clearing double-digits. The rediculous and absurd statements, along with the continual REPOSTING of an already foolish post, underscores the "type" of followers she has. Sadly, I wonder if any of them are truly aware of just how foolish and embarassing they really are? Stories will "leak" out, as they're sure to, and the extent of her treatment will be known for being "just" or "special". She's brought it upon herself, by herself. Though it would be nice, I hold very little hope for the betterment of her soul, - hopefully, I'm wrong.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

You people at Viacom are absolutely repulsive to allow such trash like Sarah Silverman to host the Movie Awards and say such tasteless and vile jokes about Paris Hilton. How dare you people endorse such deplorable behavior towards a person down on their luck. It figures, after your wonderful display of Janet Jackson's breast at the Super Bowl Half Time Show that the FCC fined you people for...a staged scandal that ALL OF YOU WERE IN ON AT VIACOM AND MTV NETWORKS! Shame on you!

Shame on Sumner Redstone for allowing this all to transpire under his watchful eye!

This company is even worse than when I was an employee a few years back and it keeps getting worse by the second. You people should really be ashamed of yourselves. MTV has become a joke of a network, with TRL not even live anymore and moving to a time slot (1pm) set up for soap opera addicts, housewives and the elderly, I think TRL is on its way to being canceled in my opinion. Let's not forget the endless slew of crappy reality shows and reruns of VH1 and CW shows like Top Model and Charm School. CORNY! Get your own shows and play some MUSIC VIDEOS FOR A CHANGE hence the name MUSIC TELEVISION. You people are ridiculous at MTV and VIACOM....I AM SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I DONT WORK THERE ANYMORE. I WOULD BE SO ASHAMED TO TELL PEOPLE WHERE I WORKED IF I WAS STILL THERE WITH YOU PEOPLE BECAUSE OFTHE WAY YOUR COMPANY HAS BECOME.

SHAME ON YOU MTV AND VIACOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND LEE LEARN TO SPELL YOU TRAILER TRASH GHETTO PROJECTS LIVING DROP OUT

LAME

Defender of the Airhead... You realy donot need to take it opon yerself to spelchik are comints here. Its not yer yob!!!!!

Anthony

Does she know that she is ridiculous? She has no talent, she is only known to have sex with any men ... That's gonna be hard for her, 45 days without a man !

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

VANESSA MINILLO POSES IN S&M STYLE LESBIAN EROTICA PICS WITH LINDSAY LOHAN AND A BUTCHER KNIFE.....JANET JACKSON EXPOSES HER BREAST IMPLANT AT THE SUPER BOWL...AND NOW SARAH SILVERMAN ACTS LIKE TRAILER TRASH DISSING PARIS LINDSAY AND SPIDEY HIMSELF, TOBEY MAGUIRE. MTV IS NOW AT AN ALL TIME LOW!

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

SHUT UP STUPID YOU ACCUSE SOMEONE OF HAVING A LOW IQ AND THEN YOU MISSPELL WORDS...HYPOCRITES ARE ON TMZ AND THEY ARE RUNNING RAMPANT...I THINK YOURE SLEEPING WITH MARIO LAVANDEIRA THATS NASTY GO GET A FULL PHYSICAL RIGHT AWAY LOL

Clinton

D.O.T.H. - So I'm a lousy typist and made a typo. It doesn't change the content, shave any points off my IQ, or lessen any quality of my personality, - unlike yourself. Keep reposting, it's evidently all you can do.

LAME

Defender of Airhead - you sound like a disgruntled ex-employee... did you take your pill today?