Paris Hilton

Free Woman

6/7/2007 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0517-paris-ex-01-2TMZ has learned that Paris Hilton has not only had her sentence cut short, she is already out of jail!

Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ the deal was sealed yesterday, and that Hilton made her exit early early this morning.

She was originally sentenced to 45 days in jail, but that was reduced to 23. She served a total of five days -- the normal stay for a violation of this kind. Her five days began Sunday night and concluded early Thursday morning.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Department will hold a news conference in an hour to discuss what went down.

UPDATE 10:16
LA County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says that Paris Hilton has been fitted for an ankle bracelet and put under house arrest for the next 40 days, after authorities decided to release Paris from jail due to medical reasons. She got out of jail just after 2:00 AM.

Whitmore says he cannot release details about Paris' "medical issue" due to confidentiality, but said that medical officials "constantly examined" her while she was in jail.

Paris will be under house confinement in her West Hollywood home for 40 days. After the 40 days are up, Whitmore says she will have "fulfilled her debt to society."

Whitmore made it clear that Paris was not released early -- she was reassigned. She is technically still in custody.

2082 COMMENTS

Nicole

This is infuriating. The people of LA should rise up- it is now even more clear that the rich are treated better by the system.

Son of California Dreamer rides agaain...

I've got a 30 year old nephew who has been arrested a dozen times for non-violent crimes, i.e. drug possession, dui, hit & run, shoplifting, etc. etc. and he never spends more than 2 or 3 days in jail. He has never paid one cent of the fines they give him, or done any community service. The jails are so overcrowded that they just ignore the petty criminals now.

Sally

This just shows how sad our world is. Anything this no-talent ho does makes front-page news, and the top story on "respectible" news shows. It doesn't surprise me that she spent only three days in jail, people like her seem to get away with everything because they have money. I feel that everyone (children included) should watch the Stupid Spoiled Whore episode from South Park-children would get a watered down version of course. It won't be until these girls-they aren't good enough to be called women or ladies-stop receiving the constant media attention that they will finally go away. THey should also remember-KARMA is a b**ch!

Ron Y.

Typical. Just goes to show you that she's a piece of common white trash with money and influence. The prosecutor and judges should be strung-up for caving into this pressure. Eventually, we will see her with the likes of Anne Nicole. . . overdosed somewhere, or wrapped around a telephone pole. . . ultimately dead and forgotten.

connie

U have GOT to be kidding...She's out ? This is Outrageous !!!!!!!!!!!

dahoss

Released just in time for her weekend partying. I no longer have any respect for our laws, our justice system or those who pretend to enforce them. There are two types of guildlines in this country, my friend. Those for the rich and famous and those for the rest of us.

The Shermanator

This happens all the time people. I am surprised she even served an hour. I use to cover news stories in which jails would have events where people could turn themselves in on old warrants etc (they weren't serious offenses) and they could be released from jail the same day. It was a way to clear out the books while not overcrowding the jail even more. Sure, she might have caught a break or two, but as far as jail overcrowding...there are people out there killing, raping and molesting people and I'd rather have them in jail!

Laura

Ya know, I a, fine with her being released. There are so many people in jail - that REALLY should not be there. Not saying people shouldn't do the 'time' for the crime , but I think there are other ways (cleaning highways, parks, feeding the hungry, etc.) to make restitution for the crime. Besides, now that there has been all this hype over Paris's jail time, I am sure she will profit somehow. Who knows mabe three days was enough to open her eyes and somehow chnage her for the better... MABE. ;)

Ra

> If she wants, she can have:
> The CBS Evening News with Paris Hilton

"Back now, to CBS headquarters. This is Bob Schieffer, on assignment
in Darfur."

"That's hot."

Jason

People... REMEMBER: She did NOT go to jail for the DUI. It was only on a driving while suspended liscence charge that landed her there. So don't begin thinking that you can relate the DUI to such a short sentence. as I previously mentioned, I didn't pay off a speeding ticket one time, and my liscense, as a result, was suspended. I still drove though, and got pulled over twice. BOTH times, I was able to go right to the impound and get my car back after a quickie "book and release". I was given a 48 hour sentence when I went to court. This is the SAME charge Paris faced jail for (NOT THE DUI), so it WAS fair! I hate her myself, but jail terms are not for a place for judging how much you like a person or not. Just remember, this was NOT a case of special treatment. Look up how many common folks get 48 hours or less for the exact same thing! She got equal treatment.

cherry

yes california the state were anything goes.! no surprise here.

Elaine

Money talks and the slut walks!

myview

HEY # 6 SO LET ME SEE IF I GET YOUR STATEMENT CORRECT " SHE NEEDS TO KILL SOMEONE FIRST THEN SHE GET'S PUNISHED".. MY HOPE IS THAT SHE KILLS ONLY HERSELF WHEN SHE IS DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANYTHING SHE CHOOSES AND I HOPE IT'S SOON.. WHAT A WASTE OF TAXPAYER MONEY FOR THIS SPOILED BRAT.. SO MUCH FOR HER BIBLE LESSONS...

MikeOxislong

it says a lot about our culture that we even give a fat fark what Paris does.

Stan

The court systems were also a shambles in the last days of the Roman Empire. Lotsa deficity spending and currency games. We better watch out, there are many parallels!