Sheriff's Union Pissed at Hilton Release

6/7/2007 1:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The president of the Association of Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs (ALADS) says the Sheriff's Department may have given Paris Hilton a break she didn't deserve.
Prez Steve Remige told TMZ, "There appears to have been preferential treatment." Remige added, "This is not the first time that this has happened. Remember Mel Gibson."

Remige believes preferential treatment is coming from Sheriff Lee Baca himself. Baca has denied giving preferential treatment to celebs.

As for Paris, Remige said, "On any given day, a thousand female inmates are in custody. Why is one case, out of the blue, treated any different than them?"

Remige says there is a huge medical facility designed to treat inmates with health problems, and that releasing Paris should not have been a first option.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Glisten Garbor

Yah Yah.., OJ, Robert Blake, and Michael Jackson REALLY got breaks that they didn't deserve...I'm so happy that Paris is free!! I applaud the decision by LA Sheriff's!

WHAT IS THE RUSH

I SIGNED THE PETITION .............GO DO IT PEOPLE.

janice

I think this shows our justice system in a very bad light, guess we american's are all not equal. I know if I had a daughter in jail on a suspended license, parole violation charge I would be on the steps of sheriff's office screaming for her release. I am so sick of the Paris Hilton's in this world. famous for nothing........

Alicia

Christi #73. You want an explanation for the rash? Here it is:
This is mine story: I was framed and sent to the same jail for 3 days. The latino public defender assigned to me was selling my ass out on the bogus charge so I had to take control of my own legal argument in order to persuade a Judge that 4 latino co-workers had deliberately framed me which was why I was jailed. Never in my lifetime will I ever trust any latino again . .... nor believe that latino sheriff Baca. My mental state of mind was near insanity partly because of the rash I contracted

About the rash: it looks like a heat rash and feels like a nasty poison ivy itch. It lasts for about six weeks. It is a bacteria that attacks alot of people at that jail. Not only do the incarcerated catch it, so the deputies. There is another strain of bacteria that causes weird multi - colored hairy stuff to grow on the skin. Sheriff Baca's jail is every bit as dangerous as the TB crisis.

Alicia

Christi #73. You want an explanation for the rash? Here it is:

Mary

It doesn't suprise me that she got a collar. Where I'm from, people with this type of offense get house arrest after 3 to 10 days in jail anyway, but usually that house arrest is for a year. 40 days is pretty light considering the D.U.I. But I guess that's California law.

rosie

To the Los Angeles Sheriffs Department; SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!! In the police venacular, something is hinky!!! Who got their palms and wallets greased by the Hilton wealth? Once again it pays to be a celebrity doesn't it? I hope to hell that the judge in the case pulls the plug on this travesty and that whoever was responsible for releasing her does some time too. Who in their right minds believes the reasons she was released? Medical problem? Maybe some drug and alcohol withdrawl, if anything? LA Sheriffs Dept. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

No More

Enough with the Paris Hilton persecution already.

Mike

She shouldn't be in jail. She is a total BABE! Leave the jails for those jackbags on Bait Car!

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15