Hoff Hammers Tabloid Over Claims He Was Hammered

6/21/2007 7:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

HoffDavid Hasselhoff is raging over a tabloid report that he was a raging drunk on the night he won legal custody of his two daughters -- and now he's sending a strong message to the paper: Apologize or I'll take your ass to court!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Hoff's publicist, Judy Katz, says that Hoff wants a "prominent apology from 'The Sun' tabloid over an article titled 'David's Back on the Sway.'" The article, which has since been removed from its website, claims that Dave celebrated his court victory by "getting completely plastered" at Les Deux nightclub in Hollywood.

According to the statement, "Mr. Hasselhoff emphatically denies the allegations," adding that if he doesn't get a heartfelt apology soon, "proceedings will begin next week in London's High Court for defamation of character, and there will be a Jury Trial in 2008, at which time he looks forward to clearing his name."

d

it is unforunate some media sources prefer to print and then worry about facts after the fact...
there are too many lives hurt when this happens...
in any other industry there would be consequences for it...not in the media...

smilesarefree

Good for the Hoff...seems like the brits are always pulling this move...amateurs.

Bob

DON'T HASSLE THE HOFF...

FREAK-ON-A-LEASH

Damn, that's what i was going to say.

Greedy Lawyers Suck

We're glad you have your daughters..... BEST to you......

Bob

Inside info…

Watch for the ‘Hoff’ to do a Carl’s Jr. commercial touting their messy burgers and be the ultimate burger pitchman!

I see a slogan like “if it doesn’t get all over the place, perhaps you need another beverage…”

Signed,
Happy Star

Kevin T.

He looked pretty good all barechested and drunk on that videotape. What judge wouldn't give the guy anything he asked for?

I still though wonder why he never wore a red Speedo while on "Baywatch". Or if he did, I sure missed that episode. His not wearing on can either be a bad sign of "things down there" or a very good one (as censors may have thought that the size of the "hasselhoff" in his pouch was too much even for exploitative 90's t.v,).

By the by, what's making these celebs such alchies?

MISSY

Maybe the HOFF should "LE DON'T" next time and stay out of the bars!!!! Why was he out being party boy when he should have been with his daughters that he just got custody of??

mulehead

Hoff is just a drunk. In case you missed it, it was on worldwide tv. He also is of the mind that he's important to us all which is not the case at all. This man makes me ill.

SWEETONE

The Hoff is being too FORGIVING. If it happened to me I would silently
start court suing proceedings. Hell, if all the ramifications are an apology
asked from David Hasselhoff over damaging Libel, they will continue to sabotage his reputation. TRADE APOLOGY FOR A LAWSUIT SO THEY LEARN THAT THERE ARE CONSEQUENSES TO LYING IN THEIR PRINT.
DAVID, AN APOLOGY WILL NEVER ATONE FOR THE DAMAGE DONE!

mulehead

HASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEELEEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLHASSLEHASSLEHASSLEHASSLE.....There you go you drunk!!!!!

mulehead

David, I'm sure you will read this so I just want you to know that you're an embarrassment to yourself, your kids, and about 275 million citizens of the United States. I really don't know how you got this new show but you managed to squirrel into it. Your ego is only slightly smaller than the Grand Canyon. You should drop from the public view,,,,for the good of mankind as we know it. It is a sin to get drunk you know.

smilesarefree

#13 - Read This, Are you telling me that JC never had one too many? besides the Hoff can ask and will be given forgiveness on his death bed.

CALLMEJULS

Uh Oh! Wheres my the rain coat!?

mulehead

Stretch, don't try to save him on the wrong side of the cross. I know he is forgiven, but he is continuing to be of the mind that any publicity is good. I pity his kids. I would be so shamed, I'd walk into that Baywatch ocean and not come out ever again. He's a boring, self absorbed drunk!! Can you understand that part yet Stretch? Go have a swig.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments