Benoit Murder Details Revealed

6/26/2007 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BenoitTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

messywon

Damn...damn... damn...

Jadey

Point being Jerk?

Connie

Chris WAS one of my favorite wrestlers, I can't even imagine what made this man snap, if indeed this is what happened.

Prayers to the entire family. I'm just heartsick at what his family went through.

WWE is for idiots

Wow, Jadey. Don't I hear your boss on the garbage truck calling you back to work?

Meg

Someone please explain to me why law enforcement officials are talking to a GOSSIP COLUMN during an ONGOING INVESTIGATION. What the hell is wrong with these people?

WORLDS BIGGEST WRESTLING FAN

TO EVERYONE RUNNING CHRIS DOWN LETS WAIT AND SEE WHAT REALLYHAPPENED BEFORE WE JUDGE HIM BESIDES ONLY GOD CAN PASS JUDGEMENT HOW WOULD SOME OF YOU LIKE TO BE JUDGED BECAUSE YOU DRINK TO MUCH ARE SMOKE TO MUCH THOOSE ARE DRUGS ALSO BESIDES NO MATTER WHAT HE DID YOU CANNT TAKE AWAY FROM HIM HE WAS A VERY GOOD WRESTLER IM NOT SAYING WHAT HE DID IF HE DID IT WAS RIGHT BECAUSE IF HE DID IT HE WAS VERY WRONG BUT WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE PEOPLE LETS JUST REMEBER HIM FOR THE GOOD WRESTLER HE WAS WE ALL MAKES MISTAKES AND WHAT HE DID IS BETWEEN HIM AND GOD NOT US MY PRAYEWRS GOES OUT TO THE REST OF HIS FAMILYS AND HIS FANS

Michael Robert Hanrahan

I agree with daeja and Ann and some of the others. The case is still under investigation. I love how you all jumped to the same conclusions not based on CSI evidence as the local police. Guilty until proven innocent? Yes, Kevin "Taskmaster" Sullivan is the ex-husband of Nancy. Yes, Chris Benoit was scripted to win the ECW Heavyweight Title and therefore had no apparent reason for killing himself. Yes, he called out and apparently sent out some text messages, but if someone was behind this, don't you think they would know how to do that for him?? I still smell a conspiracy murder here. I just don't want to believe that a wrestling hero like Chris Benoit could do such a thing even in a "roid rage."

Kheng Hui

>> You guys, talking about, "oh, he couldn't do it, he was a family man".....when the
>> HELL were you at his house last???

>> Posted at 12:48PM on Jun 26th 2007 by Damien Kage

And how about you Mr. Damien Kage? You seem to be a confidante of his, or know him very well eh? Care to tell us more?

As for records of his restraining order and divorce petition in 2003 - sure, it's convenient that his violent family history comes out NOW. After he has passed away, and his family with him. Why wasn't all this important before anything happened?

Now everyone can say, "Oh, look at this man, he had petitions for a restraining order and divorce filed against him in 2003. Must be some kind of wifebeater. What a sicko." Or "Look at him! Must be steroid abuse. Roid head." Neatly sidesteps whatever actually went on, doesn't it?

Everything is just peachy until something bad happens, then a man who was formerly worshipped as a hero becomes a condemned disgusting villain right away, bleah bleah, he sucks, rot in hell.

Personally, he has my respect for all he has done in the business, for the business, and for his fans worldwide, myself included. Whatever the truth is, it will not affect how I see this wrestler - I will not comment on his personal life because I know nothing about it, and I don't believe I have the right to do so, though I wish I could have been able to meet him face to face.

No matter what happened or why - the Benoits deserve to be left in peace now.

Rest in peace, Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit - you will be missed.

If anyone wants to comment on Chris Benoit as a person, stand up and show your face! Don't hide behind a screen name.

Any other wrestling fans want to talk? I'll add you on my messenger networks if you're sincerely interested to talk. Send email to khenghui@nus.edu.sg.

-- Kheng Hui, a Chris Benoit fan from Singapore.

henry bradley

im 42 yrs of age and i have been watching wrestling sense i was 12 and it saddens me if this murder was done because of steroids and if so maybe something should be done to the owners and promoters of the wwe.i lost alot of respect for them now and i might be awful hard for me to turn wwe on again

Aaron

I am also puzzled why the WWE gave him a tribute last night. Did they know the facts that he KILLED both his WIFE AND HIS SON?! Now, I agree that Chris Benoit was an outstanding technical wrestler. And yes, I feel Chris Benoit did work hard to get to where he is. But to go on a violent killing spree, where he even killed himself? I don't feel he needed a three hour tribute after that. Now, I feel that the WWE did the right thing by cancelling RAW last night. But to give a him a tribute? Espcially, how many of his fellow wrestlers claimed he was so moral. But if he was a moral as they were boasting, what could have possessed him into doing something like that? Well, I guess, it should be another lesson to the world what happens when you take steriods.

Jadey

WWE is for idiots: For your information ASShole ... I am a Flight Nurse. $45.00 an hour ... top that.

Mayday!

He's nothing more than a white OJ

RowdyRon

I worked with Chris on a OVW show in Louisville, Kentucky about 7 years ago. He was very quiet & kept to himself except when talking to the booker & a few others. When I heard about this story I instantly thought of Kevin Sulivan being involved somehow. He was Nancy's ex-husband & was not thrilled when she left him for Chris years ago. Reading how they feel Chris was the murderer makes it that much worse. It truly must've been drug related. I'm curious as to what the text messages said that Chris sent to some of the other wrestlers over the weekend. Surely someone had to pick up on something not being right.

venom99

Just another of a long line of athletes who let all their fans down. I guess if Wrestling, sorry, sports entertainment, was looking to hit the sports mainstream, it sadly has joined the NFL,NBA and MLB as nothing more than where the athletes believe it is all about them. benoit was my favorite wrestler, sorry, entertainer of all time and if reports are true, I could care less about him. My sympathies to Nancy's family as well as Chris's, but not for Chris but the loss of their grandchild. Benoit, sadly makes Pac Man Jones look acceptable.

Jadey

And should you do the world a favor and eat those pills ... I PROMISE I will leave you lying there and never think twice about it.