WWE -- No Killer Zone

6/26/2007 11:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

debra

facts are facts benoit was a fantastic wrestler,that will be remembered as a cold blooded killer. what a waste of a career.

Fluffy P

CHRIS BENOIT IS A MURDERER. HE WAS ON STEROIDS. HIS MEMORY SHOULD NOT BE HONORED. HE WASTED HIS LIFE BY TAKING STEROIDS AND FOR WHAT SO PEOPLE CAN BE WOWED BY HIS MUSCULAR BODY??? BENOIT IS A SELFISH PERSON WHO DID NOT THINK HOW HIS ACTIONS MIGHT EFFECT NOT ONLY HIS FAMILY BUT THE WWE FANS WHO FEEL CHEATED BY POPULARITY. VINCE WAKE UP AND START LOOKING OUT YOUR WRESTLERS BEFORE WE SEE ANOTHER STEROID CASUALTY. INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT THE THICKNESS OF YOUR WALLET AND YOUR FAUX MUSCLES, TAKE SOME RESPONCIBLITY FOR YOUR LACK OF ACTION.

Bunny Tuff

RE: post #100...

Vince McMahon did not die in the limo, that was "Mr. McMahon", a WWE character in a show story line. Small, but significant difference. No-one with with a single brain cell really thought Vince was dead.

But Chris, Nancy and Daniel are desd , and I bet we will never really know what happened in that house.

Gordy

Hey Sabrina-

Adolf Hitler was just a quiet part-jewish boy who liked his art when he was a child. Osama Bin Laden was a freedom fighter helping the Afghanis fight against the Soviet Union. O.J. Simpson was a Great running back.

Now those three have something in common with Benoit..........they are murderers!

Focus your praise elsewhere. What have you done for me lately.

NV

I may be able to take something positive about this. My son is 9 years old and a big WWE fan. He heard about what happened to Chris Benoit but didn't really understand it.

I calmly explained that sometimes living with Mommy and the kids can make a man go cuckoo and kill them all. We just kind of stared at each other in silence after that. Then I looked off and stared at a spot on the ceiling for a couple minutes.

I think he got the message. I think that boy is going to be a lot more obedient around here than he is for the two weeks before Christmas. He picked up his shoes off the ground and told me he was going to make his bed. I just gave him another blank stare. After he left I took a sip of my coffee. Damn, this is good coffee.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Vince is full of it. He and the WWE aired that special Monday night idolozing Chris knowing full well the man had killed his family.

Now they have the nerve to try and divert attention away from the WWE's steroid abuse, instead of addressing it head on and try to prevent future tragedies.

Shame on Vince and the WWE. You use and abuse your wrestelers only when it suits you to make a profit. And, Mondays shameless airing is prrog positive they only care about making $$$$$. And, could care less about the wrestlers

LongJohn69

Vince is a lying sack of you know what. He probably has got a scheme brewing right now to make a fortune off of this episode. The new Champ will become "The Gallows Strangler" or some such rot.

Calista

HURRAY!!

Murderers (especially of children) are NOT heroes

lynda

with 60 wrestlers dying in the last 10 yrs all under 50 its about time wwe starts banning steroids on these wrestlers.didnt any one who was close to him see something was wrong.they should have counselors at wwe to see how this guys are doing on a regular basis.this whole thing with benoit is so sad.especially where the childswas concerned

bubbajill

#147, Ronald? I GIVE YOU 6 MONTHS AND YOU'LL BE BACK.

Jackie

He was a great wrestler indeed, but he threw it all away because of what? So many prople would have died to have a min. in his shoes!
McMahon is the one making millions off of these people and not caring at all about them personally. "Just keep bringing me the cash boys" If you have to take drugs to cope or look good do so. As old as he is himself, you think he don't take them?? Maybe after a few more deaths under his belt maybe he can compete with TRUMP! Every job has a place that you can go to help with your problems, you just have to have a job and boss that REALLY cares about YOU!! Shame on you McMahon those deaths are on you. I will never watch or pay to see your wrestling ever again!! Jackie

Jackie

Dragon, he should have thought of his surviving family!! Don't you think? He needed real help and he got NONE not from the man he was making rich or all those FRIENDS he had that knew him so well!! Get a life and a brain!!

r5agwatcher

I still remember Elizabeth in wwf, and I cryed when my husband told me how her life turned out years later because of steroids. I also told my husband this Chris had it all money, great home, family he looked like he adored, a televison career, and it wasn't enough. We may struggle being solvent every paycheck, but I'm glad for what I have after hearing this awful stuff. Celebrity and riches aren't all there cracked up to be. I know think wrestling is a fifthy role model for young people, and a jaded pathway. Too many drug abusers.

Jackie

Jeremy, WHAT A STRETCH FOR ANYONES MIND!!!

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Poster 200 squeela stated"
AT LEAST 60% OF VEIWERS OF WWE AND WHAT IS BEING WROTE ON THE INTERNET ARE OUR "CHILDREN" THEY DO NOT NEED THIS NEGATIVETY IN THERE LIVES IF WE TAKE AWAY ALL THERE HEROS WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE ARE WE SENDING. AGAIN PLEASE BECARFUL WHAT YOU WRITE AND HOW YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO YOUR CHILDREN

I say get real. If you're so concerend about what you kids read get computer filters. I'd be more concerned about your kids reading neonazi rhetoric, how to make bombs, and recruitment into al quida. Kids should know the truth about the WWE and the steroid scandal to prevent them from becoming a future roid statistic. And, to show parents they should choose their heros more wisely.