Clarkson to Manager:

Thank You, You're Fired!

7/6/2007 3:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On her much maligned new album, Kelly Clarkson expressed nothing but love for her former manager -- then she fired his ass!
Kelly Clarkson
While the feud, er, creative differences between Kelly and music mogul Clive Davis haven't been a secret, her recent firing of The Firm's Jeff Kwatinetz -- on top of scrapping her tour -- proved there was trouble in Clarksonland!

But in the liner notes of "My December," Clarkson sings a different tune by writing, "Thank you to my manager Jeff Kwatinetz for arguing with me and fighting for me! I hate 'yes' people, and you are far from that, always wanting the best out of me and for me. Sometimes I want to punch you, but most of the time you inspire me and make me laugh, because you are one of the most passionate and driven people I have ever worked with. Thank you for believing in me! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT THIS RECORD OUT, HA HA!!" Neither can Clive Davis!

Despite the pleasantries, Kelly fired Kwatinetz, who was once engaged to Brittany Murphy, and hired Reba McEntire's manager/husband Narvel Blackstock. Let's hope Blackstock can save our little Miss Independent from self-destructing.

"My December" debuted this week at #2 on the Billboard charts selling over 290,000 copies. Yeah, yeah. Since u been gone!

Rock on, Team Kelly!

kcnum1fan

kelly clarkson is freakin amazing! i love her voice and to be honest i think kelly will rise to the top! She now has a real manager . If you read reba's story you would know that reba herself fired her first manager and hired narval and look where reba is today! kellys alblum is freakin great every song on her cd i can honestly relate to ! i love kc!

Chris

KELLY FIRED JEFF BECAUSE OF TWO MAIN REASON!

1) he demanded huge amounts of money (last summer 15 million) for random things

2) he was involved in booking her into HUGE ARENA venues when they knew she couldnt sell them out, thats why they cancelled the tour...yes ticket sales, but you cant sell out a multitude of arenas

hello, it

33. Like all losers from American Idol this one is given such hype. Let's all see where she will be in a year. Has anyone heard of the previous "winners" I mean being judged by Cowel and that has been dork Paula Abdul.

WHAT A JOKE

Posted at 4:49PM on Jul 6th 2007 by bobbybaby

Kelly was thr FIRST winner on Idol.

KAT

I WILL BE AT THAT BOEING 787 ROLL OUT!!!!! KELLY HAS A LOUD, NOT NECESSARILY GOOD VOICE. SHE NEEDS TO BE COACHED BY "WHAT NOT TO WEAR"!!!!!!!!

steve

NEWS FLASH THIS GIRLS MUSIC SUCKS.. NO TALENT .... GO BACK TO THE FARM
KELLY.... BTW SIMON SAYS GET A REAL JOB.. TACO BELL IS HIRING

crymeariver

Blackstone is reba's husband. Good influence

Indigogrl

You rock, Kelly! You are a beautiful young woman with a world of opportunities ahead. Stay positive and keep reaching high! We love you, despite the angry words of jealous haters. BTW: I love the new CD,

The Insider

Hear she's gonna do a country album, wonder what Clive Davis thinks of that? She could call it "Country Cow" and have Reba sing every song with her. Oh and the Reba team couldn't shape soft clay into a ball. Reba's career is the result of her talent, not her husband/manager. Kelly has gone mental, she is even rumored to be moving to nashvile. What's next, a southern accent and a cowboy hat? I personally don't want to hear her country sob!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3