Danza on Paris

Who's the Hypocrite?

7/6/2007 3:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

tonydanza-1Failed talk show host Tony Danza vowed dramatically never to watch CNN again because of wall-to-wall Paris Hilton coverage, but he sure liked Paris enough to feature her on the first week of his now-canceled talk show a few years back -- and to pimp her appearance beforehand.

The "Who's the Boss?" ex-star slammed CNN for its Paris coverage, whining to the Washington Post that "I'll never watch CNN again" because "they don't give you want you need, they give you what you want."

But we did a little research, and it seems that Paris was what Tony wanted on his show back in September 2004 -- booking her for his fourth episode and boasting to Time magazine, "I think I wanna teach her how to cook. Just in case somebody comes over, Paris, you can whip this up for them."

Once you've been there, it's hard to forget Paris. Danza is another story.

Brittany

He is such a hypocrite and a hasbeen. So it's fine for him to have her on his show to help his ratings but OMG CNN can't discuss her? Whatever.

JJ

WHAT A COMPLETE JERK OFF...HIS DAYS LEFT WITH TAXI (GREAT SHOW) AND IT SERVED HIM WELL PLAYING A DUMB ASS....EXCEPT HE WASN'T ACTING.

Heidi

First you call Chris Benoit a devoted father and now you're comparing Tony Danza's show with CNN? CNN is the news, Tony Danza's show was just meant for entertainment.

COCO

You may hate or like Paris Hilton, but I got news for you all...Paris Hilton was NEWS, specially when the sheriff send her home and the judge send her back to jail. That was weird. That was interesting. That was relevant. The justice system was questioned and that my friends is NEWS.

Every single news program, not only in USA but around the world covered the event. You are extremely naive to think for a second that all the extravagance surounder her case was not news. The whole world wanted to know if the legal systmen of this country was being byass to the rich . Check the meanning of the word NEWS in the dictionary..You'll be surprised!

Come back to earth. May the force be with you.

tydan

TONY YOUR AN OLD HAGGARD TURD
FLUSH!

Cameron

I'm not a Danza fan here.....but in his defense, he hosted a talk show for the purpose of entertainment. CNN is supposedly a NEWS network. Yes, Paris going to jail was news worthy of 15 minutes. And the whole let her out - take her back was worthy of another 15 minutes. But 96 straight hours of total Paris coverage was excessive on all the news networks.

PhillipP

His talk show was the worst talk show ever. How it lasted as long as it did I will never know. It sucked big time. He is such a loser.

just me

Goodness! If CNN coverage of the Paris hubbub has so perturbed Tony, what distress would he have felt had he tuned into FOX News? I think he would have blown a gasket. Relevant news was almost entirely sidelined by a mess of fluff and giddy gossip on the FOX News Channel throughout the Paris Hilton ordeal.

The Paris Hilton story barely got a mention during CNN coverage of daily events until promo infiltrated their news segments after Paris signed on to the Larry King interview. But it was pure pandemonium for weeks on end at FOX News, day-after-day, segment after segment, giving the Paris Hilton commotion lead story coverage throughout the day. The anchors and friends at FOX News were like pigs at a trough feeding on rancid slop and it seemed that in their craziness they were very near bursting into a spasmodic herky-jerky dance jig in celebration of the sorrows Paris bore.

....hmmmm

Tony Danza happens to be right about Paris on CNN...I for one thought Larry King made an ass out of himself by giving that useless skank a platform to try and bump up her reputation or whatever... But Tony Danza is no-good piece of trash from Malvern Long Island..he was a violent, bullying, womanizing piece of garbage then...and he's still a no good, talentless, intellectually challenged...ehem...loudmouthed...egomaniac.... I don't think I've ever seen him do an interview where he didn't stick his foot in his big stupid pie-hole....well, anyway...I guess you can see I'm not a fan..

Gwen

Love Tony, hate Paris! I'm tired of all the stars "illegal antics" being considered "news." They do it for press and no other reason.

Machelle

If Tony's such a serious guy, maybe he should start his own news show. Perhaps because his comedy show didn't work out , this is his calling. By the way, haven't any of these opinionated actors taken sociology in college?

char

PARIS IS LIVING DOWN THE STREET FROM ME AND TONY.
OUR STREET IS A NIGHTMARE DUE TO HER DRUNKEN 4TH PARTY!
SHE IS A BAD PERSON..BOOZE ALL OVER THE PLACE AND PEOPLE DRIVING DRUNK ON OUR STREET.

ChuckyDee

Tony is just a "has been" trying to get a little press.

KRISTI THE LAWYER

He is very right. Paris Hilton's coverage on all of the major news channels was disgusting. I got so tired of the coverage that I turned the television off for a couple of hours and did not watch those channels for the rest of the day and the weekend. The coverage of anna nicole smith was rediculous also. I could not watch those so called news channels and the nancy grace show for god knows how long after smith's death because it got too crazy. It was sad that anna nicole smith died at such at a early age but at the same time it was out of control.

What a Legend!! Tom Jones

Tony Danza is quite an entertainer, and was a great talk show host. I totally miss his show; he was always on his toes in bringing his best to a show. Sorry it is no longer on the air. But I am so glad he stated the fact: Absolutely too much news was centered around this poor befuddled young lady. Most news shows should be cognizant of REAL news.

Frankly, I believe TMZ owes an apology to the very newsworthy Tony Danza!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments