Andre 3000 Plays for the Kiddies

7/9/2007 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man who implored us to "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" has now taken up encouraging the youth -- like, little kids -- to "Do the Crayon," among other things.

Andre 3000 -- the breeches-loving rapper behind "Hey Ya" and other OutKast magic -- has been moonlighting as a cartoon character called Sunny Bridges on Cartoon Network's kiddie toon "Class of 3000," which he helped create. Aside from voicing, executive producing, and creating the show, Dre (real name: Andre Benjamin) also wrote a new song for the first season's episodes, and now those tunes have been rolled up into an album called "Class of 3000: Music Volume One," released just last week.

Rather than the playful raunch of "Hey Ya!" or "I Like the Way You Move," 3K goes just playful on "Class of 3000," with funkified kid-friendly tunes with winking titles like "Oh Peanut," "Banana Zoo," and "Cool Kitty." Maybe it's just our gutter-ready minds that are winking.

Chrissy

My kids love his show. I'm definitely going to get the album. They sing that crayon song constantly.

Gypsytrill

Andre is a father, so it makes sense that he would do something sweet like this. He has a child with singer Erykah Badu.

Saba

I love this guy good to see him cartoonafied lol

abario

I hear that Brett Ratner and Robert Evans are also teaming up to do a movie version of "Kid Notorious". I love cartoons and "Kid Notorious" sounds like a great idea/movie. I can't wait to see it.

Dee

Erykah BaWho?

Ra

Is this a recruiting program
for the girls that he introduces to the pole?

Flander Anapolis

I love the show, it is so much fun and informative. Oh yeah, my grandson loves it too.

Kendra

My daughters love this show too.

Michelle

What a wonderful way to introduce children to music. I watch it constantly with my 4 yr old grandson, who has learned how to order his favorite episodes on In Demand. My favorite tune is Kim and Kam's piano groove in "Westerly Side Story"

jessiedee

I've seen that cartoon and it is really creative - if you haven't seen it you should check it out.

Jeremy Bosco

What, are we just NOW figuring this out? That show's been on the air for close to a year now. Great way to keep up, TMZ.

InMyHumbleOpinion

Andre '3000' Benjamin is can serve as a true role model to the current glut of pseudo-celebrities. He has expanded his reach and brought his talents to a most worthy endeavor: the education, inspiration and entertainment of children.

Kudos and every continued success to A3B!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2