Axl Rose: I Didn't Play Live Earth. Waaaahhhh!

7/9/2007 2:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Axl RoseAxl Rose (memba him?) did not perform at Live Earth Rio and wants to make sure his remaining fan knows why!

In a ridiculous press release, the Guns N' Roses frontman whines about why he (or the band) did not perform at the Live Earth concert in Rio. Um ... cuz no one cares?!

Rose points out that he was not asked to perform at the benefit concert "until the last couple of weeks," and the band was already on tour in Australia and other "sold-out dates" in Japan. Really?! Then Axl says promoters and Al Gore himself (?!) asked Rose to perform with Lenny Kravitz, but Kravitz suddenly became injured and canceled. Fast thinking Lenny! Unbeknownst to Axl, Kravitz miraculously recovered and recommitted to the Rio concert. Rose states, "I was not informed that Lenny's performance was reconfirmed until our own explorations and in following the media surrounding the event today." Snap!

Rose finally states that he begged offered to play at nearby Live Earth events in Japan or Australia, "but the offer of our involvement was declined." Welcome to the jungle!

me

Axl has something in common with Michael Jackson* somehow. Both of them musical geniuses, a lot of lawsuits, a troubled life, a lot of plans they don't realize.

(* I've studied the court transcripts instead of the sensational press and came to the conclusion he was a victim of false allegations.)

I could imagine Axl Rose fears to fail, fears not to be as successful anymore as he was in the past. I would wish him the courage to risk it.

Even if he won't have the same success like in the past it's likely his new album is still much better than the music a lot of younger artists produce.

I wish he could forget all the trouble in his life.

Axl has a great voice.

Chilly

Danny Bonaduce is in a band now? What happened to his reality show?

Patty

# 4 WTF!!

Thank you! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Vergy

Europe people still do care about Axl and love his music. BTW, amazing
musicians like him are (or at least should have been) the pride of the
USA, because this is what we always admire in this country: the music
that during the hardest time of the communist rule gave us the sense
of freedom and happiness. For this reason it's very sad to read an
article like this in an American website. In art there is no such
thing as a has been, because art has a history at least this is my
personal opinion. Even young kids in my country know Novermber Rain,
Don't Cry, etc. AFD is still one of their favorite CDs (it was once a
symbol of my generation cuz I was a teenager when it was released,
whereas nobody cares about all these "journalists" who instead of
being proud of their musicians, don't miss the opportunity to throw a
piece of **** at them.

Vergy

I meant "in Eastern Europe" - sorry for my bad English

dirty white boy.

I think I will listen to DEF LEPPARD.

dahoss

Big egos eventually lead to your downfall. No one cares about Axl Dandelion anymore....remember this.

jazjme

TMZ , you should do better sourcing.lol , as you apparently don't know that yes GNR were indeed playing sold out shows in Aussie and , upcoming Japan, and didn't do so bad last yr in Europe and America but , wasn't news for you then. Stick to what you know , gossip on paris... you have no clue of the GNR world!

Paul

He sucks anyway.

Jay

UMMM......Why are people calling this band GNR?? They are not GNR.....sure Axel may have won the name, but the true band is the one I grew up with in the 80's and early 90's.

Anyway, Axel needs to get on his knees and beg for Slash and Duff to forgive him, and put the real GNR back together. But it wont happen, his ego is way to big. I dont listen to Axel, although I do listen to Velvet Revolver!!! They Rock!! And Slash is the one of greatest guitar players ever.

Does anyone remember seeing "GNR" on that awards show?? Someone (Jimmy Falen?) introduced "GNR" and everyone got so excited, then Axel came out on stage with 4 dudes in a mask.....and everyone stopped aplauding and was like WHAT THE F......
That was so funny, I rolled off my couch in laughter. I havent cared for Axel sense. So I became a VELVET REVOLVER FAN!!!

Zenophobe Alien

Lenny wasn't stupid. He did not want to be associated with this HAS BEEN

jackie

i love axl and his music with guns n roses =] it rocks!!!!!

missmel

Hello Botox!

TM

Who cares the concert was a big joke anyway. Bunch of rich people telling us how to conserve.

Axl_izz_Hotttt

Well said Vergy! Axl is one of the most talented artists to reach our airways...So why are you people knocking him? Axl wasn't the only member of GNR who had probs...Do some research! Kick a man/band when they are down AMERICAN WAY! Give me a break...We all have problems and we all deal differently...Axl has one of the most awesome voices anyone will ever hear. Don't knock him because he is a perfectionist....do you realize most of the GREATS are? Axl..Keep rocking..Your the best!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments