Michael Stipe Goes Zoolander

7/27/2007 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Stipe models for Marc JacobsMove over Kate Moss, there's a new emaciated supermodel taking over the fashion world -- Michael Stipe?!

With every other celeb and model booked, fashion designer Marc Jacobs has chosen the bald, rail thin REM frontman for his fall ad campaign. It's the end of the world as we know it!

Jacobs knows that nothing sells clothes like the sight of a shirtless, bird-shouldered 47-year-old man in neon blue pants! Nurse!

megerella

i think marc jacobs is fabulous and his interesting choice of mr. stipe is pretty cool. REM is one of my favorite bands and Stipe is such a weirdo that this ad campaign works! It's trendy in the heroin-chic way. I mean look at the ads that come out for American Apparel. It's very raw and real and not photoshopped. I like the edgyness of it. Way to go Marc Jacobs. Forward-thinking as always!

Taylor

i used to live in Athens, GA and its known in small circles that HE likes little boys- YULK !!!

Anonymous

Guys, guys, I don't think he looks that skinny!

He's no supermodel or anything, but with a tan and a better looking head on the body would you still call him anorexic?

Please respond. Is his weight that bad?

dude

Homohead

sarahO

I saw this in Spin a few days ago and literally stared at it for a minute or two.

That is not sexy! At all. Strangely, I can't look away.

Bebe

Intelligence is SEXY.

Genius campain MJ.

jjbings

i actually think he's kinda hot...

el polacko

well this certainly proves that not all gay guys are wildly handsome gym bunnies.. not that he looks THAT horrible, just kinda geeky. i too have heard that he smells bad, but hey the ad is not scratch and sniff. what's he selling though ?? the pants ? the shower curtain ?

Kat

Wow, I didn't realize he looked like a cancer patient. Poor guy.

Monette Monet

Michael Stipe is a legend and should be respected. I find MJ using him in the campaign a nice addition, as Michael Stipe certainly appeals to the Marc Jacobs client and prospects. I agree with the person who said style and substance...a combo so rarely seen these days.

kfactor

i love michael stipe.. what's up with all the haters?!?! i think it's a clever ad.. :) Happy Friday guys. xoxo

REMSUX

REM is by far the worst and most overrated band of all time. Crap songs and a horrible lead singer. Try putting yourself in a room with songs like "Shiny Happy People", "Orange Crush", "Everybody Hurts" and "Stand" without calling 911.

the shadow

Why Michael did you do that?...who will they approach next? Morrisey? My Idols are falling into ordinary territory.

reality

I love Michael Stipe too.

moralkiosk

For the person who said Michael Stipe smells. I can assure you that he does not smell bad at all. I've met him three times deliberately taking in his scent. And the last time I met him I hugged him and he smelled like fresh air. Even after performing on stage and sweating for two hours.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments